Ana Mandara Villas Dalat Resort & Spa
US$34
US$80
US$48
Agoda.com
All reviewsvilla roomfrench villaspillow menuindividual villasescape the heatfour poster bedfrench styleheated poolliving roomhuge bathroomrelaxing staydalat towndogs barkingcommon areasbreakfast was deliciousmosquito nettaxi ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The staff here at this resort are excellent from the moment you check in to the minute you leave. You are assigned a personal host who goes out of their way to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. The location is away from the centre of town but that is what we prefer, away from the bustle - there is a free shuttle anyway. Rooms are quirky but had a number of pleasant touches such as chocolates daily and artichoke tea. The restaurant is good but the prices are over the top for the standard - service is once again of a very high standard. Breakfast was also very enjoyable with lots of choices to suit international tastes. Our only concern was loud noise nightly from a bar/karaoke which started up nightly at about 7 30 and went on until about 11 - hardly fitting in with the tranquility marketing!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cooltravelling2013
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed at the ana mandara for one night. it was a beautiful quiet location and a very relaxing stay. the villa room was very comfortable, and full of quaint furniture!. The staff were all very helpful and smiled throughout. Breakfast was excellent on the terrace overlooking the town. I left feeling very chilled for the enxt leg of my trip!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed here for three nights Jan 10-13th, 2013, based on the reviews from people on TripAdvisor as well as from a recommendation from a friend. We were quite pleased with the check-in process and welcoming ginger tea. The property is beautiful and well kept. The villas are indeed quite old and as well as the rooms (we stayed in villa 15 room 1502). There was no where to pack one's clothing in the room; only a little boudoir to hang some items. We also had a similar problem as mentioned by another reviewer with the curtain in the shower not being long enough to cover the window. We rigged up a towel to block the gap, which worked, but we found this sort of detail disappointing for a five start resort. Also, in an attempt to maintain the integrity of the room and villas, management appears to have overlooked the giant stains on the walls inside the room as well as in the hallway, and sound proofing is a MAJOR issue. My husband and I could hear EVERY SINGLE NOISE BY THE OTHER GUESTS in and out of there rooms, it was ridiculous (thank goodness I always travel with ear plugs!). If this place is going to call it self a five star resort, they have some much needed work to do... And this goes for improving the quality of their onsite spa... Some of those ladies need to be trained (or retrained) in proper message techniques, especially for the prices they charge.

The PROS: The staff are exceptional. They go above and beyond and appeared very sincere during our interactions. The restaurant food was delicious!!!! AND vegetarian friendly! Swimming pool was lovely, but it was a bit cold out to go for a dip. Amenities- (steam room, sauna; billiard table). The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a multiple options, truly top notch! One guest mentioned an "a la carte" menu with limited choices, but this was not are experience at all. In fact, I didn't even know they had any other choice except the buffet. Lastly, the bed was quite comfortable and soft- which is rare in Vietnam.

We would stay here again? Probably not, particularly due to the discrepancy between cost and quality.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLE_PNW
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in January 13.
The hotel located far from the city center in a very beautiful location, surrounded by trees and overlooking the city.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a ginger green tea, which was delicious.
At first we got a room in villa number 15. The room was relatively small, the wifi didn't work and the curtain in the shower wasn't long enough to cover the window. After we complained we were transferred to villa number 4. The room was much better with a nice balcony overlooking the city.
The hotel has a lovely swimming pool and a small gym.
Don't order tours from the hotel as the prices are triple from what you get in the city.
We were a bit disappointed by the quality of the breakfast. It was " a la carte " menu with limited choice of food. The eggs Benedict wasn't good and the Asian dim sum felt like an industrial product and not specially made. The fruits choice was limited, be sure to ask for "mangosteen," as they don't bring in a regular plate.
Another thing that needs some improvement is the shuttle bus service. The hotel offers only two buses to the city during the day. The price of a taxi is cheap ( 2$), but you can expect the hotel to offer more free buses to the city, at least one at the evening .
Overall we enjoyed very much our stay and recommend it as a good place to stay in Dalat.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gadidan
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Ana mandara Dalat is almost perfect. Lets start with the nice things. Location & villas ( villa 13) are amazing. Villas are really old, colonial style. Great pool, sauna & steam bath, all included. Roomservice is good, I just missed salt & pepper which was not given. Turndown service great as they were very professional & privacy aware. Some of the host speak very well English. Some of them don’t. Garden could be maintained a bit more to make the impression extraordinary. Breakfast is very good. Great pastry and poached eggs are no problem to make. Good waiters in the restaurant for lunch and breakfast. The points of improvement I think are the flipflops. They are old( thus very slippery) & way too large ( I have size 9). Moreover, in the breakfast, there is no fresh orange juice. I asked the waiter if he could make one, but no. I kind of expect fresh orange juice in 5* hotel of Da Lat. The hotel offers a buggy service, nice, but when I was waiting in the welcome sala (reception) it took 5 minutes to drive the buggy (not electric!) out of the carport to pick me up, while I could see the three porter guys doing not too much. I think buggy service could be more efficient. If not, give me a timeframe as guest then I know what is going on.
I liked that we had Lynn from the reception to ask everyday how we were doing and what our plan was but it could even be more personal. In the hotel they booked perfect tickets for us going to Nha trang. Well done. Overall, we had a very nice stay and I can recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family