“Great value”
Review of Thien An Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Da Lat
Thien An Hotel
Ranked #8 of 90 Hotels in Da Lat
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We arrived in Dalat and headed to the Dreams hotel, which unfortunately was fully booked. However, the owner's brother owns Thien An and after a quick phone call, he was there to pick us up in about 5 mins. The service was very very good and the owner very friendly and helpful. While it is a little further out of town, we did not mind this as we enjoy walking, plus it really was a lot quieter being away from that incessant honking.

The rooms were of good size, but I wasn't too fussed on the combined wet floor shower and toilet as the toilet and floor got wet every time you showered. I slept ok...it was the quietest night we had had so far, but the walls were thin (as seems to be the case in most Vietnamese hotels) and the mattress and pillow were hard (again, that seems to be the norm here too).

The breakfast was great. Everything laid out on the table from fresh fruits, baguettes, divine Dalat jam, ham, tomatoes, fresh eggs, fresh juice. And as much as you could eat.

All in all great value for USD$25 a night I think it was.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2011

From the moment I stepped in the front door Mr Ahn, the owner of Thien An, welcomed me with a smile. After checking me in, he accompanied me to my room on the fifth floort to explain the facilities, and his staff kindly carried my luggage up the stairs.
The room is lovely, spotlessly clean and I had a view of the temple at the back of the hotel. There is a TV,fridge, quite a large room, double bed, plenty of cupboard space and a great bathroom. The room is very quiet and the bed, with an atractive doona, is very comfortable and I managed to find BBC News on the TV. Free high speek internet in the lobby and wi fi in room
Mr and Mrs Ahn and their nephew serve hotel guests a free breakfast feast every morning. This is an amazing array of tropical fruits, bread rolls, cheese, cooked eggs, vegemite, marmite, peanut butter and jam, yogurt, ham, juice, tea and coffee - delicious.
Mr Ahn speaks English and he is very helpful providing anything you need for your travels, from booking tours, to buses and plane tickets, as well as advising on how to travel to other cities in Vietnam.
It really is like staying with a family in this wonderful hotel and a home away from home. Only a five minutes walk to the centre of town and there are some great restaurants and tours around Dalat - try the country tour.
Thanks very much Mr and Mrs Ahn and staff, I will be back.
cheers
Carole Goldsmith
Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: Room at top at the back
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I don't think many people would describe Vietnam as a clean or serene country but somehow the proprietor of this hotel has managed to defy this environment and stay above it all. He has created one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed .... anywhere! For $25/night we had a clean and well-appointed and aesthetically pleasing room with fresh-smelling linen, a clean bathroom with a hot shower/tub, and a basic but satisfying family-style breakfast ... and free wi-fi!. The proprietor is a friendly and calm and, to the extent that I can judge such things, honest man who runs this establishment with a degree of civility, professionalism, and competence that is rare in this country (and I say this as a current resident of Vietnam).

There seems to be no ideal location in Dalat, and this hotel seems to be located no better or worse than any other.

Room Tip: An extra $5 gets a much better room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Very clean and welcoming hotel for a fair price. The owner is very friendly and helpful. He offers different trips - the one we booked was really great value. Other guests of the hotel had positive experiences with other tours, too.There's a great breakfast in the morning with juice, coffee, tea, eggs, a lot of fruits, jogurt, peanut butter, ham, dalat strawberry marmalade, etc.
There's free wifi in every room and 5 desktop pcs in the lounge providing pretty fast internet access. It's a little bit noisy in some of the rooms since the walls are quite thin and one can hear the street or the building area nearby. If you do not mind using earplugs everything is perfect here. I personally slept well even without earplugs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We booked 2 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed the hospitality of the owner. The hotel is lovely and clean and it has a great friendly atmosphere. The only negative about the place is that I would say it is a little further away from the centre than most other hotels. In others ways this can be a bonus as you are slightly further away from the incessant tooting of horns. The rooms themselves were lovely and clean and the beds were comfortable. I recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Staying at many different hotels throughout vietnam, this hotel seemed to do it just right. It's not an over the top hotel, but a more cozy family run hotel with just the right amount of things you need for a good nights stay. It's the little things that counts, just the fact that everything was in working order made me happy. Comfy bed, and everything smells clean. The mini fridge with all the drinks inside was even the most fairest prices we seen at any hotels. The cost of the rooms were well worth the price and it seems like every hotel we stayed in vietnam had a few things wrong with it. This hotel was very comfortable from the standpoint of a westerner. The gentlemen who runs this place was very genuine and honest. All i can say is my gf and I loved it here and thank you to mr. An!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We had 4 nights at the Thien An. We were amazed at the size of the rooms and how spotless they are. The owner and staff are very friendly and supportive - we felt like we were part of the family. The breakfasts are wonderful and really set you up for the day. Thank you very much, Mr Le Ngoc Anh
PS I had some trouble using online booking agents to find a room (they all said the hotel was full) so this is the direct email address: thienanhotel@vnn.vn

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family