My friend and I stayed at the Catba Island Resort because it was part of the Handspan Halong Bay Kayaking tour. The hotel was fantastic. It's set right on the beach. Just about every room, I imagine, has a wonderful view. Ours did.
The rooms and bathroom were spacious. Everything was immaculate and modern. They also had a room service menu that looked tasty and surprising not all all expensive. I didn't order from it though. All the grounds inside and out were well maintained too. I would say the dinner was average to good, but the breakfast buffet was excellent with lots to choose from.
Be sure to bring your own towel, not the shower towels to the beach. The one thing that I didn't like was that using their pool, lounge chairs, and even their beach towels are an additional charge. This should be included in the overall hotel charge, Catba Island Resort! Also they have a bar on the beach which is nice while relaxing on the beach. There is a scenic trail that goes up along the side of the mountain along the water- a good way to stretch your legs in the morning. Right before leaving, I was able to use their free internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charmingly and isolated lie on Catba Island – a spectacular natural wonder,Catba Island Resort and Spa honors to offer you the memorable and meaningful holidays… Furniture in the 165 rooms are made of wood create luxury & warmth, offering a comprehensive range of guest facilities and services, all with individual bay view balconies, 4 star amenities, multi-channel TV, and a mini bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Catba Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catba Island Resort And Spa
- Catba Island Hotel Halong Bay