First of all I have to say the staff we're very cheery, friendly and helpful. That is where the good points end.
We arrived at Cat Ba Island Resort and were met with a cold reception with very little atmosphere. As is was low season we accepted that it may be quiet but it was a ghost hotel.
We got to the room which smelt of damp, probably because no one had used the room in months.
After spending the time travelling to Cat Ba all we wanted was a shower to relax however this proved to be difficult because of the lack of shower curtain. Seriously you can buy a shower curtain for a £1.
After the fun of the bathroom we went for dinner, the restaurant was cold, empty an very outdated. The waitress was very nice and we had the food ordered to the room because it was a bit warmer there.
When the food came it was by far the worse food I have ever eaten. I know it was just pizza and chips but we were tired and just wanted to relax. The chips were soggy and greasy, the pizza was the thinnest hardest base ever with what looked, tasted an felt like rubber trying to pretend it was cheese. We did not eat it.
Time to sleep. The bed was ok nothing special but ok, but not my wife's pillow which smelt damp.
We were scared of using the lift.
Breakfast was ok.
We checked out after 1night although we had booked for 4 and although we tried to be polite to the staff they fully understood and knew that the hotel was not up to standard.
We we're told that more people had checked out early and I understand why.
The shuttle to the ferry was a scary experience as you were taken the ferry port and almost left to figure it out yourself.
This left a bad taste to what had been a fantastic time in Vietnam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charmingly and isolated lie on Catba Island – a spectacular natural wonder,Catba Island Resort and Spa honors to offer you the memorable and meaningful holidays… Furniture in the 165 rooms are made of wood create luxury & warmth, offering a comprehensive range of guest facilities and services, all with individual bay view balconies, 4 star amenities, multi-channel TV, and a mini bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Catba Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catba Island Resort And Spa
- Catba Island Hotel Halong Bay