Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We ended up in this hotel after arriving from Hanoi after a tiring 4hr coach ride. Though not as what we had expected, we didn't have much to complain because it was already quite late and all of us were worn out. Our local tour guide and the coach driver who had responsibly travelled with us all the way from Hanoi even during Christmas Day. At the breakfast buffet the next morning, everything was fine (except of course the less than appealling food on parade) until both our tour guide and coach driver arrived for their breakie which they were always accorded (paid by their company) in all the other hotels we have stayed thus far. To our disgust, only the tour guide was allowed entry but not the driver. My brother who saw the incident tried to explained to the cafe captain that it's so very unfair when only one person is allowed entry when either one cannot perform the assigned job without each other. The driver definitely deserves a good and satisfying meal in order to work well in our case, driving safely to ensure tourists safety. But everything came to a very dissappointing and unhappy end when he was rudely turned away. What irked us is we have not encountered any problems with the other hotels or restaurants that we have patronised yet this supposedly 4star rated double standard hotel openly displayed their arrogance and bad attitude when it comes to a meanial sum. Even when we, their guests tried to reason with them, they just showed us their pucker face. I would from now on, discouraged all would be guest or traveller from staying in Heritage Halong Hotel because it's really a not good value for money and their service sucks!!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank DisgustedTraveller1
Reviewed 5 August 2010

After all day visiting the beautiful rock formations in the bay - I don't remember all that much about the hotel. It was well maintained, and recently decorated. The room was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was much more "native" than touristy. I'm more western, and had trouble finding food that appealed to me. We traveled with some Asian families, and they were impressed with the buffet. The town doesn't have much going on after dark.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Date of stay: August 2009
Reviewed 6 October 2007

We stayed here on a family trip to Vietnam for the day. The rooms were nice and appeared clean and we had the most spectacular view of Halong Bay. The front desk people were cordial and set us up in our rooms in no time. The rooms we stayed in were what I would classify as 3-3 1/2 stars (the decor was nice and appeared relatively new and the room was neat and tidy). The breakfast buffet selection was great--they had a vast selection of Vietnamese as well as Western-type food (i.e. sausage, eggs, bacon, etc.). The food was decent. Overall, I thought the place was a great stay until my sister saw a roach near the pastries during that morning. I am big on cleanliness so were it not for that, I would have rated this hotel above average to excellent.

Aesthetically, the place is a nice place to stay, but the roach incident ruined it for me.

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 27 September 2007

After coming back from a trip through Vietnam, the Heritage Halong Bay was the most disappointing part of our holiday.

The room was small, dated and the air conditioning smelled unpleasant. The restaurant was also dated and the food wasn't of a very good standard. The bar was musty and the only customers were the local 'ladies'. The pool was dirty and uninviting.

Halong City itself is unappealing. If you are going to visit Halong Bay I would recommend doing an overnight boat trip out on the bay. The boats looked fabulous, and we are very disappointed that we missed out on this opportunity. Try to give the 'city' a miss, the bay itself is so stunning - stick to that!

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank omcd