“An example of outstanding hospitality in Hanoi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Phoenix Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Phoenix Hotel
Ranked #358 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Loughborough, UK
“An example of outstanding hospitality in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

I was welcomed and made to feel at home straight away by Kelvin, Tam and the rest of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they really make you feel like they care about how you are enjoying the stay. They are generous with information about local locations and have access to a good range of excursions - I took a two day trip to Ha Long Bay and thought it was good value for money. (I must disagree with previous negative comments about pushiness and over-pricing). The hotel itself is within walking distance of most of the main things to see in the city and is located in the heart of the bustling, vibrant, chaotic Old Quarter - if you like to experience city life in S.E. Asia, this is one that really gets under your skin. Thanks Kelvin - I'll come back again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Martin327

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

Here we are, half the way around the world and very very far from home. To be quite honest, it was a little bit daunting to think that we were going to fly around the planet and live a drastic change in lifestyle and culture for 3 months to come We had decided to start our adventure with northern Vietnam from where we would journey all the way south and then visit Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Myanmar. After a very long flight and a 45 minutes cab ride we finally arrived at the Hanoi Phoenix Hotel. We had made reservations at this hotel based on the very positive reviews from other travellers on this very site. Well... They were right !! Our trip of a lifetime could not have started better. What we found here is a team of amazing people who are really treating us like honored guests. They are very nice, polite, helpful, resourceful, and they clearly helped alleviate our pre-arrival anxiety. For all of you around the world who are planning to visit Vietnam and would like to start with a little feeling of being at home abroad, this hotel is definitely a great start ! By the way.. from a value standpoint, you cannot find better.. central location, very clean room, airco, in room fridge with supply of beer and sodas etc for $20 per day.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank freedom49yay
australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

The staff at this hotel are amazingly friendly and helpful. The rooms are great and the hotel on the whole is fantastic value.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cecoz
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

Just returned to Atlanta, Georgia from a 3 week vacation in Vietnam. Staid at the Phoenix Hotel and felt that Southern Hospitality had been transferred to Vietnam. The hotel is very clean, good location, and great breakfast. Kelvin and his wife along with the rest of the staff could not have been nicer and more helpful in arranging tours, recomending restaurants or anything else we requested. Felt as though I was right at home. Would highly recommend this small hotel to anyone visiting Hanoi.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank SouthernGuys
npj456
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

I stayed for two nights at the Hanoi Phoenix hotel with friends in the standard triple on the second floor. We had a great experience at the hotel. The manager, Kelvin, and the other reception staff (Tam, Men and Thai) were very helpful and made our stay a very pleasant experience. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the beds were soft as well. The rooms also had WIFI high speed internet and a good A/C system. The free breakfast and water in the lobby were great bonuses on top of the excellent service, which I cannot say enough about. I don't know what the reviewer from New York (the firefighter 3 or 4 reviews down from me on this board) meant by saying that he felt unsafe in the hotel, it seemed a little rediculous that he felt that unsafe from a fire danger standpoint, this hotel is no different than any others that I have stayed in Europe and Asia or in large US cities. Im pretty sure Hotels are checked and evaluated regularly by fire marshals and other officials, and if the hotel didnt pass fire code then it probably would not be in business. He is entitled to his own opinion of course, but to write those kind of remarks seems a little extreme in my opinion but I digress. During our stay, we dropped our dirty laundry off at the front desk and it was washed and folded in about 5-6 hours, which was faster than any other hotel service in SE Asia that we have been to. Not to mention that the price for the cleaning was very reasonable. The reception was very helpful with directions around the city and helping us with passport and money storage. Another great benefit of the hotel is the location in the heart of Hanoi. It is only a 3-4 minute walk to Hoan Kiem lake, the temple of Ngoc Son and the Municipal Water puppet theater (which everyone should visit while in Hanoi). Also, the Hanoi bar district is only a 7 minute walk from the hotel, which was convenient as well. Overall, I would highly recommend the Hanoi Phoenix Hotel for their excellent staff, rooms, location and prices. The only downside to our trip was that there was a tropical storm in Ha Long Bay on the exact day that we were supposed to visit. Obviously that is not the hotels fault but that just goes to show how problem free our stay at the Hanoi Phoenix was. I will definitely stay here on a return trip to Hanoi (I have to since I didnt get to see Ha Long bay, hah).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank npj456
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

Picked up at Airport – nice, surprisingly quiet budget hotel in centre Old Quarter – clean rooms, adequate breakfast. Helpful, unobtrusive staff – no oversell. Tour booking are available at the hotel. Tip from hotel staff - take your own local wine to Halong Bay - $3 in the city take outs, $30 on the boat. Overall impression – good service & good value for money

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
6 Thank noproblem00
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

I travel in Asia 4 or 5 times a year for my own business and always try and stay at budget hotels. I first stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago and have been staying here every time I come to Hanoi.
I don’t usually give write ups unless there are pretty exceptional reasons but on this trip brought my wife along for her first experience of Hanoi.
I pretty much took for granted the level of service at HP but really got blown away on how the treated us when we turned up at the airport. Kelvin and his gorgeous wife were there to meet us complete with flowers for Dorothy as the new member of the family. Here is a smallish budget hotel in the middle of the Old Quarter of Hanoi who treats their guests like royalty.
What more can I say, Kelvin, Tam and all your wonderful staff thank you from me and Dorothy for making such a memorable time for us both. You will be seeing me back hopefully in a couple of months.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business