“A low stress stay with people who cares about their hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Phoenix Hotel
Ranked #325 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor, I can see why it earns such a good reputation. The staff was graceful and did everything they could to make my stay a pleasant one. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was wonderful. When I left, the management got me a taxi and came out to help with the luggage and say goodbye. It was a great ending to my Vietnam trip.

Ha Noi was my final destination. It was going to be my homebase for travelling to Ninh Binh, Sapa, and Ha Long Bay during a short period of time. I was apprehensive about the logistics of my travels. Tam, who worked there, saw my planning and suggested that I took the tours with the hotel to make things more simple.

I let Tam plan everything, including arranging the dates to get the most out of my travels, getting train tickets to Ninh Binh, and going on tours to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. She did a great job planning out my travels until the day I left Vietnam. Everything went smoothly, the tickets were where she said they would be, the tour guides were excellent. The Sapa hotel from the tour had a wonderful mountain view, the Ha Long Bay junk I was on was 1 year old and immaculate. Of course her service was free and the price for both tours was reasonable (I found out later that other people on the tours paid a little more.) It was a good and economical decision to let Tam take over the planning. I am very happy I stayed at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank vle123

Reviewed 9 April 2010

We have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The stuff was very helpful (of course adding some extra fee to the services) and friendly. Kevin is a very good salesman ;) We have chosen to go to Ha Long Bay with their trip (2 days and 1 night) and it was really wonderful. The food on the boat was delicious. The stuff helped us with the train tickets (see comment above ;) ) but I think we would have biiiiiig problems to buy these tickets by ourselve at the train station.
We have booked 3 rooms. Two of them (souble rooms) had no windows, but my friends did not complain. On the other hand my room (for 3 persons) had a front side window, and starting from 5.30 a.m. it's geting noisy.
Generally we are satisfied :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2010

There are many budget hotel with cheap rate, clean bathroom, decent bed, friendly staff and generous breakfast. But what separate this hotel from the rest is the service level.

This is my story. I traveled alone to hanoi. My first time to visit vietnam. I was not accustomed to leave passport in a hotel. This is a common practice in vietnam actually. So when I left the hotel for the airport, i took it for granted that my passport is in my pouch

To my horror, when I wanted to check in, my passport is not there!

I called my hotel frantically as there is only 1hr left before my scheduled flight and it will take exactly 1hr journey from hanoi to airport. I was totally terrified to imagine that I will miss the flight, gotta buy another ticket, miss my work, gotta be stranded in this foreign place alone.... arrrgggghhh...

But the hotel manager was very composed. He sent someone to give my passport to me. Free of charge!

A happy ending drama. I was able to board my flight on time. What a relief!

Being conscious about budget is one thing. But if you were in my situation, believe me, you will be glad that you choose hanoi phoenix hotel

To know further, you can check their website http://hanoiphoenixhotel.com/

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We stayed for three night at Hanoi Phoenix Hotel. The hotel has an excellent location in the old town. The entrance is very unimpressive so it might be hard to find if you're a walk-in.

We had two different rooms, both were clean. The first one was on the first floor and quite noisy because of the lobby and kitchen just downstairs. That room was fairly big. The second room was on the sixth floor and very small, we could hardly place our stuff anywhere. But both rooms we really worth the money and we couldn't hear any street noise.

There was free wi-fi internet in the rooms and they have four pc's for use in the lobby. Breakfast was also included and fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. On our last day we could keep our room until 3pm and didn't have to pay anything.

They also offer all kinds of tours. We booked a 3 days/2 nights tour to Halong Bay through them on Phoenix cruise. We were told that they belong to the same company. They also booked our train ticket, but I think we were overcharged as the ticket was 550'000 vnd (29 usd) and we paid 45 usd.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I booked a couple of nights at Hanoi Phoenix Hotel based on reviews on Tripadvisor and ended up staying six.. This place lives up to the reviews. The hotel is small and surprisingly quiet, being in a side street off a busy main street right in the centre of the Old Quarter. There are heaps of good eateries and beer shops all around. I stayed in a deluxe double room which was excellent value including breakfast. The room was large and clean with air conditioning, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, a computer, a bar fridge and a balcony overlooking the street. The rooms are cleaned each day. Internet is free and the service is good. It's also very secure and the staff are really friendly and will book all your tours and onward transport on the spot.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2010

friendly and helpful staff, comfortable clean room, that's how awesome in hanoi phoenix hotel.
its so comfortable, i have problems waking up in the morning,catch the drift?just imagine.
thanks you for your service!

-hafizukiz(ngee ann poly,singapore)

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 17 March 2010

The staff could not have been more helpful, helping us with forward hotel bookings, booking flights & trains. After returning from Halong Bay they very kindly gave us a room for the rest of the day to shower, change & chill out before catching the overnight train. They even escorted us to the station to make sure we got on the right train! Definately would return & have no hesitation in recommending it, its fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple