Hanoi Phoenix Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Great location and hotel staff, good value for money, clean large rooms which come with internet, free breakfast and coffee and tea on tap. (Internet in the room)

Sleep quality would be higher if Air Con fans didn't make so much noise, but I was VERY grateful for the air con!

stay here, I stayed in 3 hotels in Hanoi ranging from 18 dollars to 30 dollars and this one was the best by miles.

Nicky.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2010

The staff gives you good advice and is welcoming. Rooms are clean and breakfast is quite ok. This hotel is a good value! I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We chose this hotel, although the price did not promise much, on the basis of all the wonderful TripAdvisor reviews. Of course, we did not expect much for $25. Sadly, we got far more or far less than we expected, depending on ones point of view. The room was truly awful, loud, dark, manky, dirty, cockroach-ridden, mosquito infested and just downright disgusting. We hardly slept for a minute and just couldnt wait for the su to rise so that we could get opthe hell out of this place.

As for the supposed great service, when we arrived we were told that our room was not ready and that we had to wait in the "lobby". As it turned out, the "lobby" suddenly and mysteriously turned into some sort of bazar with wacko sales people trying to sell us everything from crappy tours to trashy souvernirs. This took over an hour before the room was finally "ready". Mind you, it was already 11pm at this point.

In three words: Dont go here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackandjill4
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Don't be put off by the outside of the building, the rooms are comfy and ours even had a tv and a computer!
The breakfast was great and the staff friendly.
Some noise from the alley but nothing to keep us awake.
I would recommend this hotel for people looking for a clean budget place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I have reviewed Hanoi Phoenix Hotel before, right after I got back from Vietnam in July. But for some unexplained reason, it was deleted from tripadvisor. It was my first time to write a review and it's quite disappointing that it got lost.

After long hours of waiting and one bad weather at Ho Chi Minh Domestic Airport and another 45-min-ride to Hanoi, I found this hotel to be a little relief from so much stress we've gone through the day. The staff were very helpful and friendly as if we were visiting friends to them. I got in touch with Kelvin through e-mail and he didn't mind that I changed our Halong Bay Cruise reservations couple of times. The location also wasn't that bad for it only took us 7 mins to Hoan Kiem Lake by foot. We also found a bakery selling good pastries nearby which we really enjoyed. I so appreciate that there was PC and internet in the room and at the lobby. Each room also has fridge and cable TV and some toiletries in the bathroom. Oh, did I mention that breakfast was included in the room rate? All of these for $30 for triple room. You can also leave your luggages in the hotel for Halong Bay Cruise with no extra charge. The only problem we had was the lack of elevator inside the hotel and our room is at the 4th floor on the first night and 5th floor on the 3rd. The funny thing was 2nd floor is counted as 1st floor, which I think do not favor travelers with small kids and large luggages. We had a tiny concern with the bottled water served in the room but was replaced as soon as we reported, of course with no charge for both. Overall, we're satisfied with the services and the hotel itself. So I recommend this hotel for those in tight budget yet still want to enjoy Hanoi.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family