“Best Hotel in Hanoi” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 566 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Hotel in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This Hotel had impecable service and I would especially like to thank Thuy who was the receptionist who made everything work for us. My boyfriend on the second day got a bad fever (i think from the air conditioning in the train from travelling). I was worried he may need to go to hospital if his temperature was too high, but i couldn't tell as we did not have a thermometer. It was night time when his fever got really bad and I asked Thuy and the other staff member about a 24 hour pharmacy to get a thermometer. At that moment it started to bucket down with rain and the staff organised for someone to take me by scooter to the nearest pharmacy late at night. The man who drove me was very nice, he was driving in the rain with a rain jacket and we both got saturated but I managed to buy a thermometer there and got back to hotel to check his temperature (which was very high but he did not need the hospital). There assistance was so great and helped us avoid an unnecessary hospital trip. I am very grateful for the staffs assistance.

In addition, the receptionist Thuy was so lovely that she invited us out to dinner for her birthday. We had an amazing dinner with her friends. And afterwards we went out for a karaoke night together which was one of our most memorable nights in Vietnam. Thuy showed us the real Vietnam, rather than the touristy areas which made the trip so fun and special. We are so appreciative of her kindness and all the other staff in the hotel.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!! The rooms are great, and more importantly the service is amazing!!! We loved it!! Thank you =)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren B
HanoiOldCentreHotel, Manager at Hanoi Old Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Lauren B,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are highly valued and appreciated.
We are glad to hear that you found the service excellent, best location, fiendly and helpful staff Your compliments have been relayed to our team, with a special mention to the receptionist.
We hope to welcome you and you wife back soon at Hanoi Old Centre
“A home away from home”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I travel around the world (mostly South and Southeast Asia) year-round. We stay in 80-100 hotels per year. We also tour many more hotels for our guests & tours (about 300 per year). We generally seek out hotels that are highly rated on TripAdvisor and Agoda so my reviews are naturally skewed toward the high end. My reviews are generally based on overall value (how much you get for what you pay). We generally stay in low mid-range hotels but have stayed in everything from hostels to luxury 5-star accommodations.

So suffice it to say--I know hotels! And this is probably the single best value hotel in the world (that I've seen anyway).

The staff are incredibly nice/polite/helpful. Breakfasts are delicious. The rooms are not large, but ample and immaculate. The elevator works well. They are helpful with booking activities (and very competitive prices).

There is nothing more I can say that hasn't been said in their 700+ reviews. Stay here... You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BJ G
Dear BJ G,
We are most grateful that you choose to stay at Hanoi Old Centre for your trip to Vietnam and that you took the time to share your impression on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations from the personalized service provided by our team members and the beautiful room to the best location, friendly and helpful staff, delecious breakfast....We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and we hope it is very soon!

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I spent a few days in Hanoi Old Centre Hotel with my friend in late May-early June whilst we were travelling around Vietnam. The staff at the hotel were truly exceptional. In particular we would like to thank May for her outstanding service. We wanted to travel out to Sapa and Halong Bay- organising it through the hotel was extremely easy, the trips they recommended were fantastic and we were even allowed to leave our main bags at the hotel during our time away. Great price, great location, great breakfasts and fantastic staff. Thanks everyone. K & E.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katie G
Dear Katie G,
We are glad to hear that you found the service excellent, best location, fiendly and helpful staff Your compliments have been relayed to our team. It extremely will encourage us to maintain our efforts so the services we provide will meet our next Guests' expectation thoroughly.Thank you so much.
We hope to welcome you and you wife back soon at Hanoi Old Centre.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Arrived from a very long, hot , uncomfortable bus journey to this piece of luxury within the heart of Hanoi old quarter.
refreshing fruit and drinks whenever we liked, beautiful , comfortable rooms.........with all you can eat free breakfast. (lemon and sugar pancakes are a must)
and finally the staff were incredible! we would have been lost in Hanoi without them beautiful smiles. thanks again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear
Dear Liam D,

We are thankful for your visiting our hotel. As a hotel manager, I couldn’t be more pleased to have a chance to respond to a such positive review. We will keep promoting the positive aspects of both human but and hotel services to provide our next Guests. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Your sincerely,

HANOI OLD CENTRE TEAM.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am currently doing a backpacking trip across Indochina and thought of choosing Hanoi as my first stop.... booked the hotel in advance through email and was surprised at how quick and detailed they make transactions. It is also in this hotel where I booked a trip to Halong Bay and they offered me a very affordable price for such an incredible cruise. I checked in one of their rooms after the trip to Halong and man no kidding it was really great for a promo rate of only $17! big bed, big toilet, with refrigerator, flat screen TV, table, excellent air conditioning, HIGH SPEED Wifi, and they even put flowers on your bed! But perhaps the best thing about this hotel is their warm and friendly, English-speaking staff who are always smiling and ready to assist, offer drinks and fruits for free... this is my first time to make a review on tripadvisor and it's just because this hotel deserves all the praise... I hope to be back soon and would definitely recommend this hotel if you are visiting Hanoi. :) And oh, good restaurants are just around the corner and it's just a short 3-minute walk to Hoan Kiem Lake.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Akrosdayunibers
HanoiOldCentreHotel, Manager at Hanoi Old Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Akrosdayunibers,
I was absolutely delighted to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at Hanoi Old Centre. I must also thank you for your kind words about the great team I am so proud to have here. It is them who make this hotel great. I have passed on your feedback to all the team here and please do visit us again soon.
Your Sincerely,

"A home away from home"
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

WOW!

> great location, a stone's throw from the NW corner of the lake in the Old Quarter.
> big breakfast selection, as well as fruits and beverages available all day
> good wifi, great A/C, plenty of hot water, and comfortable bed

But what REALLY takes the cake, especially at this price, is the customer service. Everyone was so pleasant, helping us in our options for side trips and transportation; they have a SUPER map with great recommendations of things to do/see/eat in the area; they helped with our attempt at learning the language; AND, most amazingly, someone accompanied us on his motorcycle TO the train station at 10 PM to make sure we got on OK (they insisted). WHAT?! Who does that?!?!

Don't hesitate to book here--the value for your money is off the charts. THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: We had room 401 which faced the alley; small but nice!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank QiDoctor
Dear QiDoctor,
How pleased I am to hear that your recent visit to our Hanoi Old Centre was so enjoyable. It’s a great pleasure to know how much you were fully satisfied with our hotel such as the tours, location, service, specially the helpful and kind reception. We would promise to put a lot of focus on improving services day by day to ensure our outstanding services keep providing to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your sincerely,
HANOI OLD CENTRE
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I reserved this hotel for my husband and me based on a recommendation from a friend that had been.. I am so happy I followed my friend's advice!!! I booked through hotels.com and emailed the hotel directly to book trips to Sapa and Halong Bay.. I have never received such customer service as this! I could ask as many questions as I wanted, and Ms. Thuy responded very promptly.. They knew exactly who we were when we arrived at the hotel and called us by name.. They also went above and beyond to make our room look special for our anniversary! The staff greeted us so kindly each time we came down for breakfast or came back to the hotel from an excursion.. I HIGHLY recommend staying here and booking other trips through them!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emyliana
Dear Emyliana,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.com.
How can we thank you for such a fabulous review! How wonderful it was to hear that you enjoyed our service, our room for you Thanks for hightlighting our staff. Especially Ms Thuy proded make you feel comfortable. I know it is a favorite of the staff to share with our guests.
Thank you so much for sharing and I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you and your friend back with us one day soon!

Best Regards,