“THEY ARE FABULOUS”

Ranked #7 of 591 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur
“THEY ARE FABULOUS”
Reviewed 18 January 2010

The staff are very warm, friendly and helpful. They let us used their shower facilities upon arrival in Hanoi even we were not staying there for the night. Indeed they are very kind. They are very informative as well, they know where to guide you for shopping, meal. The moment you step into the hotel, they will serve you hot coffee, and not to forget the wonderful breakfast that they served us - bagutte and beef noodles. The little store outside the hotel serve yummy duck noodles in the later part of the morning. They really made our trip unforgettable, wanting to come back again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 January 2010

This is my first time travelling to Hanoi. The city does not look good to me with the bad traffics at first. However, when I reached Hanoi Lakeside Hotel, I saw Ms Linh. She was stunning, with good command of English. I was so pleased that she offered help to plan my holiday in Hanoi. She passed me the map and guided me the ways in details. She gave us a lot of advices of things to do/not to do in Hanoi.
Not forgetting Ms Huyen, she is new but professional. She was sweet, friendly and helpful. There was also another guy (night shift) which is very helpful though. Every morning, I always see the staff in the hotel too busy helping the guests, arranging the tour for them, including myself but still with the great smile. Although this hotel is only a boutique guesthouse, but it offers the cleanest room with the first class services. I was so pleased and thankful that I have selected the right hotel in Hanoi.
Keep up the good work and I will definitely recommend whoever may wish to visit Hanoi, to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I spent 24/25/26th December at this hotel and paid double what I had been paying at my previous hotels in Vietnam as a bit of a treat over Christmas, but I was disappointed. No problem with the room - it was quiet, clean and spacious, and the shower had great water pressure. But the staff were indifferent and even when I wanted to book a couple of trips, they didn't appear to be interested. I actually booked with an outside agency. The breakfast was buffet style and it seemed that it was cooked and stocked up at 7am and not replenished. When it was gone, it was gone. Also a really poor selection of western food - greasy fried eggs, bread and a little fruit.
I read great reviews before I booked, but I now realise that there are 4 hotels in this group and I suspect that the hotel that receives the good reviews is the one where the owner oversees day to day running.
Definately overpriced.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
10 Thank missindy
Melbourne
Reviewed 4 January 2010

I was extremely impressed with this hotel, the rooms were huge and spotless, the location is fantastic, very central and close to the lake, and the staff were amazing. The staff all went to extreme efforts to help us with everything from taxis to the airport to cups of tea and finding and organising accommodation in our next destination. I highly recommend this hotel, it gave me a fantastic impression of Hanoi and of Vietnamese people. A definite winner, far superiour to all other hotels we stayed in during our 2 weeks in Vietnam!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
herwen
Reviewed 25 December 2009

people make the hotel and the people were warm and friendly.
we ,Sil and Riet from Holland, stay one week in Lakeside and we have a very good / nice time in Lakeside.The staff had very good information and we dit not mis the travelagent.
In more than one hotel in Vietnam we missed a english speaken person but in Hanoi Lakeside it was perfect ! situated near tHoan Kiem Lake and the old quarter it is a PERFECT place to visit Hanoi.
When you visit Hanoi go to Hanoi Lakeside!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Nelspruit
Reviewed 24 December 2009

The hotel was a pleasant surprise - the ride from the airport was there waiting for me; the staff would constantly go the extra mile. Although language was sometimes a challenge they didn't simply pretend to understand, they perservered until they did understand. The rooms were beautiful, comfortable and very clean. I can highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Leeds
Reviewed 16 December 2009

The staff are very friendly from the moment you pull up outside in a taxi unti you leave! Mrs Huyen and the staff are all very helpful and ensure you are happy with everything. The rooms are compact but for the cost and taking into account you are in a city centre hotel you can't complain. All rooms are very clean and have everything you may need in them. Breakfast was included and was very quickly served to you by the lovely kitchen staff.
The hotel is in the middle of the organised choas of Hanoi and only 2 minute walk to the lake. Plenty of bars and restaurants on your doorstep which are all really cheap - you struggle to spend any money in Hanoi!
Only downside to the hotel is that there was buidling work opposite which woke us up at 6.30am each morning, but this should be finished shortly. The staff apologised for the noise but there was nothing they could do about it. There is quite a lot of building work in Hanoi so I'm sure you could encounter this problem wherever you stay.

Overall a great little hotel with fantastic staff!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple