“Great rooms - beautifully furnished. Great breakfast. Exemplary staff.”

Hanoi Old Quarter Hotel
Ranked #190 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 25 November 2008

We stayed in the family suite for about $100 a night.

Breakfast was clean, wholesome but not a huge selection. Good enough for us - we're not large breakfast eaters.

Front desk staff very helpful and friendly - the shuttle drivers were very accomodating and very good also.

For some reason, there was no early check in available, and we had to carry our own luggage up to the room upon returning. We would have thought for this caliber of hotel, it would have been done for us.

All in all, the hotel is in the old quarter - somewhat of a dingy area, but you forget this once you get up to your room. Sound proof windows - beautiful furnishings. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

It is a bit pricey, but if you want to treat yourself to possibly the best hotel in the old dingy quarter, then this is the place. For the money spent, there may be better places to stay outside of the Old Quarter.

Stayed: November 2008

Reviewed 12 November 2008

We were not sure what to expect this as we had booked it 20 minutes before we were due to leave to the airport.

The room was great - not super funky but great linens and clean and big enough for our family of four.

What stood out the most was the service. The people who run the front desk are AMAZING. They booked our Halong Bay trip (which was great! and much more reasonable than the stuff we were looking at on-line). There was one glitch with the trip. We had thought it included dinner, and then on Cat Ba island were told it did not. When I contacted Hanoi Old Quarter she said it did not in fact but due to the misunderstanding arranged a dinner somewhere for us. when we got back to the hotel, the travel brochure did say that dinner was NOT included - the free part mean you were FREE for dinner (to do as you wished). Anyway, they were SUPER SWEET about this misunderstanding and it was no way intended!

They were ultra helpful with everything. It was a great introduction to vietnam as it was the first place we stayed.

I would definitely recommend this place and I would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2008

The people in the hotel establishment could not do enough for us while we stayed there. We were able to leave excess luggage with them while we travelled on to Sapa and Halong Bay.
Check in was fast and efficient and breakfast was amazing, each morning was a new experience, We mentioned a fruit we liked and sure enough the next morning it was on the menu. The last day there I left my medication in the room, had got to the station and boarded the train and realised my error, rang them and within 7 minutes my medication was delivered to the train, with only 2 minutes to spare. Tours were booked with the help of the efficient reception staff, even printing out a recipe for fresh spring rolls and sauce when we asked.
Thanks to everyone at Hanoi Old Quarter Hotel for welcoming a couple of Aussies to Vietnam. We definately will return....

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelbug1959
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Because of the all the bad reviews and scams that we heard about Hanoi in different websites and blogs, we became skeptical in pushing thru with this trip. But amazingly, with the great help of this wonderful hotel, we never experienced any untoward incidents! For its hotel class and location, I highly recommended this hotel. Run by a family, they will treat you like you are one of them. Many thanks to Vincent, the hotel manager, for all the suggestions and recommendations, he is the best english speaker that you can find in Hanoi. Thank you and Mabuhay to Hanoi Old Heritage Hotel - from Mikee of Manila, Philippines :-)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mikeetanael
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I was very impressed by the service and the people here. Everyone is so nice and polite. The workers here at the hotel always pay attention to what I want, and when I need to go somewhere in Hanoi, they are the best sources. I enjoyed staying in Hanoi also because of my experience at Hanoi Old Quarter Hotel. You should definitely come and check it out.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank LisalynnNewYork
Reviewed 4 August 2008

This is the third hotel i have stayed in during the past two months that i stayed in Hanoi, i and my wife had such a nice experience with the room and hospitality service. Upon arrival the staff were really efficient and helpful, and I had checked in within 5 minutes. The air conditioning in the rooms is good, and everything was very clean. The location is excellent for exploring the history of Hanoi, since it was located at Hanoi Old Quarter and it is also convenient to get access to bars, restaurant and stores..

I would recommend this lovely hotel to anyone, who would like a trip to Hanoi since this is the best so far i have been to..

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StephenMiller
Reviewed 24 July 2008

After some really terrible experiences with other hotels in Hanoi, we decided to stay at the HaNoi Old Quarter Hotel. And I must say, this was really one of the best hotels I stayed in. In the Australia, these hotels are often run down so I was a bit sceptically at first whether to try or not. However, I was positively surprised. The hotel is new, the rooms are big and elegant, staff is friendly and honest (usually not the case in Hanoi), nice views and jacuzzi, excellent breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends