“Great location and staff”
Review of Cinnamon Hotel

Cinnamon Hotel
Ranked #121 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's an excellent little hotel that's next to the cathedral, so easy to find. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and the breakfasts were works of art.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Hamishb4

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Cinnamon staff made my first visit to Hanoi very special. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The service was excellent at all times & the food was good. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. I have never stayed anywhere so friendly. The hotel is clean, cosy & good value for money. An excellent location too - right next to the cathedral in the Old Town.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had stayed at the Cinnamon, Hanoi on our last trip in 2011, and definitely wanted to stay there again. Although the bathrooms are getting a bit 'tired', overall everything is clean and charming. The location is also perfect and so are the meals and foot massage.
However, what will always keep us coming back is Le Manh Cuong and his wonderful staff. It always feels like we are a part of the family and that nothing is too much trouble.
Before we left home, as part of our booking with them, they also booked our next hotel in Sapa and our train ride there. They also organised all connecting pickups and Cuong took us to the train station himself and put us on the train. Can't wait to see them again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renzi36
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the Lime room on the top floor which had a beautiful view of the Cathedral and nice balcony for people watching. Service was amazing, though when we arrived at 10 at night and just wanted to drop our bags and go out and get something to eat it was a little too much service. It also should be noted that from 11pm to 6am they close the front gate, so while you can get in and out it's not as easy as just walking in and out. The location was fabulous though, an easy walk to the lake and the surrounding Old Quarter. Be aware of the bells though, the Cathedral is quite loud when it starts mass at 5am. I would stay here again in a heart beat though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molly G
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hanoi old quarter has been my favorite weekend destination for more than a decade. I always stayed at the same hotel but alas! the owner decided to upgrade? the lovely premise to a brand new shining property, like many other places in Hanoi unfortunately. Then I found the charming Cinnamon Hotel last year & decided to make it my new favorite. This time I happened to spend half day in Hanoi during my transit at Noibai Airport. I took a taxi into Hanoi old quarter & walked into Cinnamon Hotel, only asking for the airport transfer several hours later. I was not sure if the receptionist could help me since I was not a hotel in-house guest. To my surprise the receptionist accepted my request with a positive smile, only asking for even less than what I paid for the airport taxi! I showed up at the hotel at appointed time, a nice new car with a pleasant driver was there & the staff even handed me some drinking water. My local expatriate friend saw me off at the hotel & exclaimed he had never seen such a great hospitality in Vietnam! Highly recommend to try their true Vietnamese hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ikuko I
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Me and my friend stayed in Cinnamon Hotel for four nights on our trip through Vietnam. To us this Hotel stands out from the other "same-same-boutique" hotels in Hanoi. It has personality and individual style - something that most other hotels in Vietnam lack.

The staff is extremely friendly and very keen to help you with anything you might need. They went to a copy-shop to get us high-quality copies from our passport that we needed, gave us umbrellas when it rained, and they also surprised us with a cake (and singing!) on my friend's birthday!

The rooms are beautifully furnished in colonial style and with french balconies. A funny detail is that your towel is folded into a new animal every day – the crocodile needed six towels in different sizes!

Our room was facing the cathedral – yes we heard the church-bells but they did not bother us. If you choose to live in the old town of Hanoi the streets are pretty noisy everywhere.

We had a great experience and would definitely recommend Cinnamon Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kråkan F
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I chose to stay at Cinnamon Hanoi because I had stayed at the wonderful Cinnamon Ho Chi Minh city and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, Cinnamon Hanoi is a few years older than Cinnamon HCMC and, as a consequence, slightly tired-looking. The rooms are smaller and dingier than those at HCMC and the hotel is a little bit shabby, but the staff are just as delightful.

Cinnamon Hanoi has a great location, very central and within a short walk of the lake and the old quarter, which is great. There are also some good restaurants nearby. The breakfast is plentiful and tasty and the rooms are good value. You also get a free foot massage included in the room price, though I didn't use mine. I was disappointed that my bathroom only had a shower, no bath, and was less spacious than the bathroom at HCMC, but the shower was hot and powerful, so I couldn't complain. Beds are comfy and I got a good night's sleep. (As with everywhere in Vietnam, pack some ear plugs as the street noise is ridiculously loud!)

I had booked a room with church-view and unfortunately when I checked in, the room was no longer available as some other guests had apparently extended their stay. I was a bit annoyed as my room was a bit dark and only about three metres away from the hotel across the street, so I didn't feel I could open my windows because the people across the road would be able to see in. However, when I pointed out that they had given me the wrong room, the wonderfully kind and helpful staff offered me a free taxi transfer to the airport the next day (a 45-minute drive, worth 350,000 dong) so I was delighted. I was going to give the hotel 3 out of 5 before that, but I bumped them up to 4 out of 5 because they went out of their way to help me. Cinnamon is a great hotel chain and the staff make it what it is!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo