“Good value”

Ranked #77 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Halifax, Canada
“Good value”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was the third hotel we stayed in during our 9 days or so in Hanoi and we stayed for 5 days. It was good value for money. Breakfast was typical of all the hotel breakfasts, simple and nothing special. The chicken pho was good, though. The only sour note was upon checking out when they told us something was taken from the snack basket in the room and expected us to pay. We had not taken anything but did notice something missing one day (the day we returned to find 3 staff sitting and chatting in our room) and should have said something right away. We refused to pay. Lesson learned!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 701 and liked it fine. It was light and airy; you could open the windows wide. It...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarlaxFlynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Lindesberg, Örebro Län, Sweden
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 20 nights in March 2013. I had a very good room on the fifth floor out of seven possible floors). The hotel is situated in a litte lane 20 meters in from the busy stret Phu Doan Street. This is in the Hoan Kiem District, the Old Town of Hanoi, not far at all from the oldest parts of the city, or from the Hian Kiem Lake, The large catholic Church, and all the nice an busy little restaurangs, cafées, and shops in strees like Hang Gai (silk), Hang Bong, Hang Dao/Hang Ngang, Hang Be, Ta Hien ... the Dóng Xuân Market an many other such places. It is also very easy to get to sights like The Temple of Literature, The One Pillar Pagoda, The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, The Than Long Water Puppet Theatre, The Hoa Long Prison, the oldest parts of the city, just to mension a few places of interest. You get to know the central parts of Hanoi best by foot, and this hotel is a very goos place to start walking from. All of those who work at the hotel are very very nice and friendly. They help you with whatever you may ask, they are very willing to give you good advice concerning sight, restaurants, cafés, etc etc. If you want go somewhere else in Vietnam for a few days they also help you with tickets, taxis, flights, hotels... The breakfast is in the top room overlooking the rooftops of central Hanoi: just sit there in the morning, hear the city wake upp, the cocks crowing, the birds singing, all the sounds of the city, have some soup, an omelett, a cup of tea and just enjoy the start f the day! The hotel is clean and tidy, you feel very welcome at a very good price! I travelled alone but I they also have family rooms and I am sure you can go there with your partner or family, and get a good room as well!

Room Tip: My room (501) was overlooking the rooftops, and yards, I found that very interesting and good. I hel...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Arne J
Morelia, Mexico
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The (young) staff is both helpful and friendly. They do their best to make your stay memorable, and they succeeded in my case. Particularly Ms. Lisa and Ms. Hien were of such great help in every aspect. Originally I intended to stay two nights but the place is so pleasant that I stayed another three. Spacious room with all necessary appliances, excellent and spotless bathroom. Computer terminals in the lobby with free internet access and WiFi elsewhere. Breakfast wasn’t that good, but I was allowed to use the kitchen to prepare it by myself. Jorge... Morelia, Mexico

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jorge J
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A very enjoyable experience. Very nice hotel, only stayed one night (USD$30) and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Great location and service was also fantastic, they even walked us to the breakfast (street food) venue we were looking to find and they stayed and had breakfast with us (See picture). I'd definitely stay here again next time I visit Hanoi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank trent l
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We paid around £12 per night and were suprised at how nice the room was. It was spacious, large bed, flatscreen tv and appeared quite modern. The staff were friendly and one lady (?the owner) spoke excellent english which helped in booking tours.

Breakfast was very basic but was perfectly good. WIFI in rooms but variable reception.

The only negative was that in booking our trip to halong bay the price was far too expensive, we paid $15 each more than just about anyone else and they all got to stay in fancy bungalows, whereas we had to stay in cheap accomodation elsewhere. I would think twice about booking with them.

On our last day the hotel was booked out so instead we went to the paramount hotel (100 yards away). This hotel is fantastic, far superior to the luxury hotel and at the same price.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Theengelbert
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have only travelled through the southern part of Vietnam so I was excited to see what Hanoi had to offer. This hotel was recommended from a friend who knows the area and I have to say that the hotel lived up to all the things that he mentioned. The hotel was clean with large rooms and a beautiful view with a good wifi signal. The service was friendly and courteous and they always greeted me with a smile. The next time I go to Hanoi, I will be sure to book my accomodations at Luxury Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank James N
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2012

One day, if you're passing through Hà Nội, Việt Nam - as a part of your South East Asia discovery trip; and you need a place to stay with a reasonable price tag and good services: try this home-based hotel: Luxury Hotel !

Luxury Hotel’s exact address:
2 Phủ Doãn Lane,
Hoàn Kiếm District, Hà Nội, Việt Nam
T: 84. 4. 3825. 7257 .... hotline: 097. 379. 9999

is quietly hidden circa 15 meters away and inside a silent back-lane from a small street: Phủ Doãn.

I had a good night's sleep for every day at the Luxury Hotel. They come equipped with reliable, relaxed, and friendly hotel staff: the most important expectations for a hotel that caters to tourists.

Luxury Hotel is located in the heart of Hà Nội, a 10 min. walk to: the romantic Hồ Gươm Lake, the “French Notre Dame” Cathedral, the “36 Hanoian” shopping areas ... Luxury Hotel is close to a present hospital Viet Duc, of which belonged to the last century hôpital Yersin / Paul Doumer from French colonial time.

Tiến, a Vietnamese who studied Tourism in Korea, was the driver who brought me during one February 2012 morning from Nội Bài Airport to Luxury Hotel. I remember that the drive was approximately 1 hour long. Tiến introduced me to the most recent news from Hà Nội activities: kids / new school hours, traffic, investments, people, environmental issues, tourists, shopping, construction, food, where-to-go, weather, prices ...

Luxury Hotel has shuttle buses and various vehicles which take you right from / to domestic or international arrivals / departures airport. I don't remember, but the cost to pick up one person was about $15 usd in my case: only one way for a 1 hr drive. Economically, when leaving Hà Nội, they dropped me and other travelers at the airport as a group - so we only paid a few bucks each. Luxury Hotel has a fixed price for a shuttle bus ride; it's fair and upfront !

Early in February 2012, the Continental / Vietnamese Breakfast menus were not included, as the Hotel was renovating the 9th top floor for the Eatery Entertainment Music Concession. In two weeks: I had a $25/ night spacious room with a queen bed. For the price, I was extremely happy for the 24-hour alert services with excellent young staff: Tuấn the runner, Nhâm the mid-nite guardian, Hiếu the day-and-night clean-up young lady .... The accommodations were very clean and comfortable. You could pay less or more - depending on the room’s location / quality.
The concerned receptionist had asked me for my business and off-time needs in the Hà Nội capital (for example: where to go, what to do, what food to expect etc). With their restricted English conversation, but plenty of enthusiasm and willingnesses to guide, I was covered with information that I needed to complete my business trip, along with leisure time.

What stroke me the most was: when leaving Hà Nội, I planned to tip $30 usd, with three 10 dollar bills in hand to Tiến, the driver.

When looking at the money, he said:

“Please keep those bills for your needs in the airport, while waiting for the plane! I do not receive the tips. The driving and services are the scope and my tasks for Luxury Hotel.
I hope to to see you come back here in the country. Stay with us or anywhere is your upcoming choice! Have a good trip back or where ever you go!”
Tiến smiled and carefully closed all vehicle doors to target his next tasks for one of the busiest 2012 days in Hà Nội.

The Luxury Hotel was an excellent experience for a foreigner such as myself, and I would recommend this “family” hotel to anybody who wishes to have a pleasant, relaxing stay in beautiful Hà Nội, Việt Nam.

If Hà Nội has already occupied my heart, Hà Nội will also certainly please your heart and travelling expectations!

Howard Vo, Canada

Room Tip: I had a $25/ night spacious room with a queen bed. For the price, I was extremely happy for the 2...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business