“Seems nice to me!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #406 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Talent, Oregon
“Seems nice to me!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I'm at the Trade Union hotel in Hanoi right now for two nights as part of my VietTravel tour. The room is large and very clean and so far everything is fine, so I'm confused by the other bad reviews. Not sure how much English is spoken here so that might be a consideration if you want to find trusted help for planning your excursions, but otherwise it's great. Business center has nice PC setup, WIFI is good, etc.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JoeHunkins
VTUH, Guest Relations Manager at Vietnam Trade Union Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
First of all, thank you for your support to enhance our service serving! Today, after a few minutes signing up, I've seen your comment and I feel so sorry that I could not response to you immediately right after your stay. Your comment is really a big encouragement for us to improve our service serving! Thank you very much and I hope to welcome you again at our hotel!

Couples
Solo
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

We were provided with this hotel as part of a tour & assigned a large room on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor lobby was all dark as lights were all switched off, quite weird.

My wife was shocked upon opening up the electric kettle to fine it all black & slimy with algae and wet!. The staff was completely unapologetic to replace it.

The breakfast was horrible, care cold sausages?

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
First of all, thank you for your support to enhance our service serving! Today, after a few minutes signing up, I've seen your comment and I feel so sorry that I could not response to you immediately right after your stay. Once again, I'm so sorry with what you spent during your stay. Up to now, our service serving has much improved due to our staffs changing and management changing style. All room amenities have been renewed and the breakfast buffet has been improved. So, i hope to see you again at our hotel to reaffirm what we've tried!

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel that was rated 4 Stars, it was arranged by our local tour agent. The room's carpet was not vacuumed, very dusty. The bed's mattress was worn & thin thus feeling the spring. The pillow was too soft & thin, gave my son a stiffed neck. The breakfast was terrible as they allowed the guests to smoke inside the restaurant. Bread was served with no toaster to toast the cold bread. This is the only hotel we stayed in Vietnam where there were no milk & cereal served. My wife & I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank SunDownUnder
First of all, thank you for your support to enhance our service serving! Today, after a few minutes signing up, I've seen your comment and I feel so sorry that I could not response to you immediately right after your stay. Once again, I'm so sorry with what you spent during your stay. Up to now, our service serving has much improved due to our staffs changing and management changing style. And i hope to see you again at our hotel to reaffirm what we've tried!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

The hotel is located in a nice place, but there were no matresses only box springs and they are extremely racist to non vietnamese. The service in the dining room is also unfriendly.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kriminalk
First of all, thank you for your support to enhance our service serving! Today, after a few minutes signing up, I've seen your comment and I feel so sorry that I could not response to you immediately right after your stay. Once again, I'm so sorry with what you spent in the dining room. Up to now, our service serving has much improved due to our staffs changing and management changing style. And i hope to see you again at our hotel to reaffirm what we've tried!