“Scammed me and ripped me off”

Hanoi Eden Plaza Hotel
Hanoi Eden Plaza Hotel
Ranked #519 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Staines, United Kingdom
“Scammed me and ripped me off”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I was booked into a lovely Hostel in the old quarter and when my taxi from th airport pulled up outside in the pouring rain , this guy got in the taxi being really apologetic saying that it was full and he would take me to his 'other' site, which was Hanoi Eden Plaza. When he got in the taxi he was already trying to convince me to book a tour. He showed me my room, I argued that I had booked a dorm, but in the end I just agreed to pay the 15 dolars for the room as I was tired and didn't know the city that well. When I asked him about the different name, he said it was under the same company. He gave me prices for the Halong Bay tour, I went out in the city to find other travel agencies but couldn't find any as they guy directed me in the wrong place and I didn't have a guide book at this point. I just agreed to pay the price which I later found out was too much.
I realised I was scammed on my way to Halong Bay the next day. When I went to confront the guy he got agressive and kept pushing me. DO NOT STAY HERE, they do not deserve to have a company.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We were met at the airport upon our arrival from KL and taken to the hotel by very friendly and efficient staff. The room was ready for us, at 0930, and we were made to feel very welcome. Very clean and spacious room, great service and the location was right in the hussle and bustle of the Old Quarter. The staff recommended and booked tours to Halong Bay and Sapa as well as the Open Bus to Saigon. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
stockholm
Reviewed 29 June 2010

This place is terrible, dont even consider staying here. The rooms are big, but with old furnitures without cushions, window that couldnt be closed, a breakfast that included sweet coffe and a piece of bread with a greasy egg on it.
They do have a computer that is free of charge to use, although most of the time some member of the so called staff is sitting at it playing games.
And the price is expensive considering the options and what you get.
Big NO NO!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

Singapore
Reviewed 8 December 2009

I found Hanoi Eden Plaza hotel through Wotif.com.The rooms are nice decorated. All amenities were available (air con, hot water shower, internet, satellite TV). Breakfast has a fair range of eastern and western spreads. The staff here were exceptional and catered for all needs. They booked our travels and were able to arrange private tours to Ha Long Bay 3days 2 nights and Sapa - Bac Ha market .(as opposed to large group ones). Upon return from other places, they provided free showers and breakfast (if returning in the morning). Overall, excellent value for money if not wanting to walk around town finding travel agencies.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
10 Thank LeeFangYong
Toronto
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Overall a good value hotel. Was pleasantly surprised when we walked in as weren't sure what to expect but the foyer was smart and the accomodation was clean and adequate with a good sized bathroom and facilities. Secure parking which was very handy especially as good leave it for the day & explore Hanoi if your not leaving till the evening. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was only Continental but lots of it, although fruit salad was all tinned fruit! Would recommend for a short break venue.
Ideal location for the tube station so can go anywhere without worrying about it just takes you some mimutes to walk straiht to Hoan Kiem lake, West lake , Ho chi Minh complex and orthers. All in all I would defintely use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
10 Thank Roydean
Incheon
Reviewed 25 November 2009

We must write about the amazing people at this smal hotel, it is well located 10 minutes walk to the lake, the reception staff are a very friendly nothing is problem for them, internet is free and pretty fast.Even though the breakfast room is small the breakfast was changed daily (a charming man was employed to open the door), we stayed 4 nights and the room was clean plus the bathroom was clean.The place needs a fresh coat of paint. The taxi transfer rates were competitive, so booked one through the reception. We received a thank you email on return to Melbourne, very thoughtful

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
11 Thank Yungdongwun
Hamberg
Reviewed 23 November 2009

We were welcome from the first step with warm smiles, they will rush to open the taxi door and greet you. Up to our room was not large but gaves us a very comfy and cozy feeling with all we need, the flat screen TV include many chanels, electronic safe box... and bathroom amenities, everything meets our need. It's a great hotel in all respects. Thanks Le Tuan and other staff.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business