“Excellent business hotel”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #83 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Movenpick is a very tastefully designed luxury hotel right in the heart of the city. The lobby is immaculate and tasteful, the rooms are bright and airy. The staff is very helpful and smiling all the time. The surrounding area is quiet. Another thing that I liked is that the bathrooms have trendy window-as-a-wall installations, overall a chik hotel with great facilities like spa, pool, bar, travel desk, concierge etc.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the corner are more spacious
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
DavidVanhove, EAM at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues and our excellent facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I arrived at the Movenpick after a very long and tiring overseas flight. From the moment of my arrival until my checkout four days later, the staff were the most courteous and accommodating that I have experienced in my many years of travel. When I asked about getting a SIM card for my phone, one arrived within five minutes. The concierge then patiently explained the Vietnam phone system and what numbers to use. When I suffered a slight hand injury and requested ice, it appeared at the door almost immediately. These are a few examples of many. The hotel itself is lovely, my room was extremely comfortable and quiet (no traffic noise) and the breakfast which was included in my rate was ample and delicious. I did wish that the hotel were a bit closer to the Old Quarter, especially since I found the traffic too daunting to venture far on foot. But that's a small price to pay for an otherwise superb hotel stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FriskyToronto

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly your comment about our exceptional service and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I came over here for work and stayed here for about 1.5 weeks. The hotel itself is great - big spacious rooms, nice breakfast, friendly service, great spa etc. I find it very frustrating not to have complimentary wireless in the rooms particularly when hotels around half the price in Hanoi offer this service for free. Instead they provide wireless in the lobby and the restaurant. The location has its ups and downs - it is about 20 mins walk from the old town but that does mean it's a lot more peaceful here. The walk there is quite nice but I would have probably preferred being a bit closer to the old town - that's the part of Hanoi I most enjoyed.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ajmackie1
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,
I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the spacious rooms, the quality of our breakfast and the friendliness of the staff.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were here for 3 nights on our trip to Hanoi.
If you are looking at a 4 star facility, this is it. It is a business hotel.
The hotel is a 20 minute walk away from the Old quarter. The walk is quite enjoyable.

Rooms are very neat and spacious. Comfortable beds.Loads of complementary bottles of water, quite rare in most places these days!
The only flip is, no locks in the baths. The wall facing the room next to the bath is glass with blinds. Good to know, incase you are sharing the room with kids.

The breakfast is very good. Gym well equipped.
Staff are very friendly and resourceful.
We got our best rates for money exchange also here.
The travel desk is very good with directing you to places around. There are a few salons,spas and eateries nearby.
In all a very good stay, we only missed a swimming pool.

Room Tip: Take rooms not facing the main road, can be a bit noisy at times.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the quality of our guestrooms, the comfort of our beds, our breakfast and the gym. I am also grateful to know that my colleagues were friendly and helped direct you around the places of interest in Hanoi.

We appreciate your recommending our property to other travelers and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I understand the location is good, by what other people say. I don't know, maybe I would have loved more to stay in the old quarter, but there seem to be no high standard hotel there. Anyhow, we were booked in the Movenpick, not my favorite hotel group but good by all standards.

Some commented on the noise from the street, I think it is absolutely normal for Hanoi, this is "motorbike city". Could be better isolated? Probably yes, but didn't find it an issue. Room was large, breakfast was fine, nothing really extraordinary but a good solid breakfast to cater all tastes. Good gym. Wifi should be complimentary at all times, so make sure you book a package that includes it.

It was a good hotel experience, nothing memorable but for a business related visit what you need is a good bed, a good breakfast, an efficient service and a good shower, and the Movenpick had it all, so it is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of our beds and showers, the breakfast and the service you received from my colleagues. I hope all of this will go some way to helping make Moevenpick one of your favorite hotel groups.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is a good and basic 4 star business hotel which does the job if one needs a clean and comfortable place to sleep and to have breakfast. If this is all one requires, the Moevenpick Hanoi does the job.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi . We know you have many choices when you travel and we really appreciate that you chose to stay with us on this occasion and I trust you will continue to consider us for future visits to the city.

We make every effort to surprise and delight our guests and I was sorry to learn that we only met your expectations on this stay, as a “good basic business hotel”. Based on your feedback we will increase our efforts to ensure we engage the hearts and minds of all our guests, so that they cannot imagine staying elsewhere.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and ensuring that your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The location of this hotel is good, the rooms impeccable. The breakfast is really nice and the staff are very well trained. One of the elements appreciated by my colleagues is the quality of the fitness centre. I also trained once there and it was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the many positive elements of your stay, especially the quality of the rooms, breakfast and of course, my colleagues who assisted you during your time with us.