“perfect location, friendly staffs”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #82 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is located perfectly near Hoan kiem lake, a lot of famous food around such as " nem chua", "bun cha", etc.. The staffs are very friendly and helpful, they always smile to me. The rooms are well-equipped and cozy. The gym is not large but not crowded to use. The breakfast buffet is not so good but lots of choice for guests. I feel really comfortable staying there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the intimacy of the gym and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. However, I wanted to acknowledge your comment about the breakfast I shared with our Executive Chef. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the room design, the breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues especially Mr Huan who surprised you with a gift. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel early April 2014. The location is perfect as you can walk absolutely everywhere. The breakfast is very good. Rooms - we were in a superior city view room on 10th floor. Nice views over low-rise Hanoi. Room was good and service worked, but then we are not very demanding. Staff at reception very helpful. I had a massage which was good. The trip was part business part relaxation, so the hotel and its location worked for us.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views.

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the room arrangement, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were moved here by another hotel that had apparently overbooked itself, and it was the best choice ever and perfect way to end our visit to Hanoi. Just walking distance away from the chaotic tourist areas, it is a little oasis of calm. The room we had was very modern, very clean and the beds were heavenly. The staff is quite efficient, making sure we had the taxi we requested by 6:20 am sharp. The breakfast selection was great. I feel like I should be visiting more Movenpick hotels just by this one short stay that we had.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here and it was thoroughly delightful. The room was excellent, the staff was extremely attentive but not overbearing. Even the hotel manager was visible and made sure we were comfortable and content. An excellent location as well. You won't go wrong here, in fact, you can't do any better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travel4thrill
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly, the quality of the room and the helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Love this hotel. Very comfortable place, and the staff were generally friendly. The buffet breakfast was plentiful with both asian and western choices. The room was nicely decorated.We had a business rate that was unbeatable. The gym was a little small, but not too many people used it while I was there, so it was fine. I arrived very early in the morning at around 7:30am and I was able to check in at 8;30. It is within walking distance to Hoan Kiem (old quarters), with several coffee shops and amenities nearby. I ordered room service on one of the nights, and the food was amazing. Did not taste like typical hotel food.

A few things could be improved on. I got a room with 2 double beds, and would have preferred one king size bed. The bathroom is a little small (no bath tub), and the mirror lighting was not ideal. The tv reception for some english speaking channels was not very clear. These are small things, and with the rate we got, it was definitely value for money.

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues and the quality of the Breakfast. I want also to acknowledge your comments about the bathtub and your bed preference which are available upon request during check in.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Moevenpick is centrally located and is a very nice and clean hotel. Well equipped exercise room. Wonderful breakfast in the morning and impeccable service by all the staff in the hotel. Extra cudos to Hoa who is staffing the small bar area in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank GrabiA

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues and the quality of breakfast. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

A nice place, the Movenpick Hotel in Hanoi. It's walkable to the old part of Hanoi and in a fairly central location. There's a gym and spa (but no swimming pool sadly), and a single buffet restaurant on the second floor. There is a wine bar on the ground floor, but I didn't use that so I can't comment.

Rooms are luxurious and stylish, with walk-in showers, comfortable beds, a working desk with an adjustable office chair, and a leather armchair which is a bit slippery and difficult to sit in for long periods without sliding to the floor. You can turn off all the lights from the bed - fantastic.

Internet coverage is password controlled and works well everywhere in the hotel, and room service (I used it twice) offers a full menu of Western and Asian foods which were delivered swiftly and courteously. The food was well prepared and delicious.

Breakfast buffet offers a fairly good range of Western and Asian options too, and there's an omelet chef standing by to do things with eggs for you too.

I can also comment on the business function rooms (there are two), as we used one of them. Facilities are good with projectors, sound system with microphones and flip-charts all in place, the chairs were comfortable and the room was spacious.

So then, I enjoyed my stay at the Movenpick in Hanoi. Everything was correct from the service to the facilities in it's role as a business hotel (they are slick at organising cars to and from the airport, which is an hour's ride). And in conclusion, it's ideal for a short-term business trip. For tourists or for long-term guests, you will have other options in Hanoi that may suit you more.

1  Thank SingaporeBizTravel

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues, the quality of breakfast and our business facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

David Vanhove