“A very pleasant Hanoi hotel experience”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #78 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Bangkok, Thailand
“A very pleasant Hanoi hotel experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The private tour agent made the booking for us and reassured us that this hotel chain had received a hotel award in 2013.It was a good choice and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.Not trusting what we'll face when visiting an exotic place we wanted to make sure that we had a good hotel as a safe haven.The staff were excellent, friendly and polite and more than willing to help.Breakfast was excellent with special touches like special dishes like egg benedict etc cooked at the egg station daily.The air-conditioning was great especially since we had the heat wave during our visit and it was just impossible to do anything except to retreat to the hotel.The only improvement I would suggest is that the bed could be more firm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Anthony Quin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Congleton, Cheshire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Near a lot of the attractions this comfortable, spotlessly clean hotel is ideal for a short stay. The staff are wonderful especially the Duty Manager Nguyen Duc Dang who spent over an hour helping me sort out a problem with the internet.
The only thing that could improve this hotel would be a swimming pool.

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues especially our Duty Manager. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my family vacation because of its location and the residential package. My parents are over 60 years old, we need good accommodation. The hotel is clean and proper. Breakfast is excellent. Staff are enthusiastic. With the residential package we bought, the stay was a great experience for everyone on the trip to the point Moevenpick will be first choice for my parents from now on.

The only downfall we had was the experience with the shuttle from hotel to the airport. the driver went out of main road to pick up his girlfriend (we think she's his girlfriend). Then he was making a stop at a place look like a transportation company terminal before reaching to airport when we said no, cause we were running tight with the time. The driver turned back and said to my dad that he waited for us for almost an hour at the hotel to pick us up...(isn't that part of his job). So our perfect trip ended with a taint from this bad attitude driver.

I would like to recommend the hotel to a little more selective of the transportation company selected for hotel guests. things like this can ruin the whole experince.

I also was scammed by taxi one. I don't think I should blame hotel for it, even if it's the company hotel called for me. the driver was a bad fruit. I suggest the hotel has a shuttle make rounds from hotel into the other part of town, 2-3 times a day...would be nice. Even if that's mean a little extra charge, we wouldn't mind. So we can just prevent this bad experience.

Thanks

Room Tip: residential package: include in-room internet, minibar, breakfast buffet, free soft drink at lounge...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the great quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. It disturb me greatly to see your comments about the transfer and taxi. I have contacted directly both companies to make a complain and both took actions. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First time staying in this hotel, highly recommended by my business associate. All I can say that you will love it for sure. Check in was hassle-free. Staffs are friendly and polite. Breakfast's good and many choices to choose.

Clean room and good air-conditioning. This will be my first choice hotel in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room to avoid being disturb my the motorists horn.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, cleanliness of the room, quality of the breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel following a recommendation from a friend. Location was good, staff friendly and helpful.

Rooms were very modern and comfortable and came with a good range of amenities. We had a twin room and the beds were a good size and not crammed together. Wifi not available in room unless paid for - it is however available free of charge in the lobby and restaurant.

The only slight negative I would have from my stay was the massage experience we had in the hotel. The therapist did not introduce herself or ask if there were any areas of focus for the massage and then did not allow us to sit in the relaxation area after the treatment as it was 'ready for other guests'.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the comfort of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I wanted to acknowledge your feedback about your spa experience which I understand and actions were taken to rectify this. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

UK
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The first impression of the Moevenpick is one of charm. looking more deeply it tends to lack any character. I think the hotel is used more by business people that holiday makers. We sat in the lounge area on several occasions and found ourselves the only people using the area.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, however, as we are light sleepers the traffic noise was a little irritable, so much so that we had to use ear plugs to get a good nights sleep but that is a problem we have in most busy cities.
The staff are excellent and very helpful, helping us with Tourist information etc. The hotel is centrally located in Hanoi, a ten minute walk from the Old Quarter, two minutes from the Hoa Lo prison.
Just =next door is a bar located on the 19th Floor of the building - a good place to have glass of wine or beer in the early evening, watching the sun go done and people watching.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the hotel, thus minimising the traffic noise
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. However I wanted to acknowledge your comment about the noise which I understand. We are continuing improving. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice hotel - good location near to plenty of places to eat. Staff advised a local restaurant for first dinner & we ended up going twice was so good!
Excellent friendly staff - very helpful.
Room nice with good view out into city.
Lovely breakfast.
Would stay there again.

1 Thank Samantha M
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the room design, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.