“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
tehran
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Checked in during first week of May, 2013. Was a very nice hotel with good facilities and very much friendly staff. Location is very good as well. only thing slow is the size of the room is not big enough, and the restroom is quite small, too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. I want to acknowledge your comment about the size of the room and the restroom which are actually some of most comfortable in the city. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Anthony Quin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. It is walking distance form the old town and from a very nice Vietnamese Restaurant. We had a suite, a bit too much black for my fast but it was very spacious and nice.
The star is very friendly especially during breakfast. They bring you fresh juice shots and clean up as soon as you finished eating.

We would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of service for breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights from the 5th May. A superb hotel, rooms are beautiful, staff so friendly and professional, always willing to help. A special thanks to David ( Manager ), his attention to detail was so impressive. Breakfast was very good , with a wide variety of food on offer.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff, they are very very accomodating.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter D
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the beauty of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The private tour agent made the booking for us and reassured us that this hotel chain had received a hotel award in 2013.It was a good choice and we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.Not trusting what we'll face when visiting an exotic place we wanted to make sure that we had a good hotel as a safe haven.The staff were excellent, friendly and polite and more than willing to help.Breakfast was excellent with special touches like special dishes like egg benedict etc cooked at the egg station daily.The air-conditioning was great especially since we had the heat wave during our visit and it was just impossible to do anything except to retreat to the hotel.The only improvement I would suggest is that the bed could be more firm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Congleton, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Near a lot of the attractions this comfortable, spotlessly clean hotel is ideal for a short stay. The staff are wonderful especially the Duty Manager Nguyen Duc Dang who spent over an hour helping me sort out a problem with the internet.
The only thing that could improve this hotel would be a swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues especially our Duty Manager. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my family vacation because of its location and the residential package. My parents are over 60 years old, we need good accommodation. The hotel is clean and proper. Breakfast is excellent. Staff are enthusiastic. With the residential package we bought, the stay was a great experience for everyone on the trip to the point Moevenpick will be first choice for my parents from now on.

The only downfall we had was the experience with the shuttle from hotel to the airport. the driver went out of main road to pick up his girlfriend (we think she's his girlfriend). Then he was making a stop at a place look like a transportation company terminal before reaching to airport when we said no, cause we were running tight with the time. The driver turned back and said to my dad that he waited for us for almost an hour at the hotel to pick us up...(isn't that part of his job). So our perfect trip ended with a taint from this bad attitude driver.

I would like to recommend the hotel to a little more selective of the transportation company selected for hotel guests. things like this can ruin the whole experince.

I also was scammed by taxi one. I don't think I should blame hotel for it, even if it's the company hotel called for me. the driver was a bad fruit. I suggest the hotel has a shuttle make rounds from hotel into the other part of town, 2-3 times a day...would be nice. Even if that's mean a little extra charge, we wouldn't mind. So we can just prevent this bad experience.

Thanks

Room Tip: residential package: include in-room internet, minibar, breakfast buffet, free soft drink at lounge...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the great quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. It disturb me greatly to see your comments about the transfer and taxi. I have contacted directly both companies to make a complain and both took actions. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

First time staying in this hotel, highly recommended by my business associate. All I can say that you will love it for sure. Check in was hassle-free. Staffs are friendly and polite. Breakfast's good and many choices to choose.

Clean room and good air-conditioning. This will be my first choice hotel in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room to avoid being disturb my the motorists horn.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, cleanliness of the room, quality of the breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.