“Business stay in Hanoi”

Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #87 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Comfortable stayed this time in Hanoi, longer than normal trip. Check-in ease and fast with lovely receptionist. Comfortable bed and pillow after long hours work. Multi selection of breakfast and great service from nice little reception. Walking distance to city centre of Hanoi to enjoy street life style.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi, the quality of breakfast and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Anthony Quin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked this hotel with the tourism desk at the airport. We were charged 130 American dollars. With this we did not receive free wifi and the Jacuzzi had a charge to use. At check in when the front desk was asked if we were put into a standard room we were told "no". Later when looking online I discovered I was lied to and put in the cheaper room with no discount. When confronted was given free wifi and told I was mistaken. Not happy with being continually lied to!

Room was nicely furnished and other members of staff were nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kalen L
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Kalen L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor during your recent stay at the Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi.

I was glad to read and share your positive feedback about the kindness of our team members and the room furnishes, however, it was disappointing to read your comment about being “lied too.”

It is certainly never our intent to disappoint any of our guests or provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. I do apologies that we have fallen short on this occasion.
Please be aware the Director of Sales has since visited the Airport Agency and outlined was is and what is not included in our published room rates. You are correct, our Jacuzzi facilities is a paid service. Due to a small Spa operation, this service is only complimentary when you take a treatment. The Hotel provides complimentary Wi-Fi in all public areas and as of January 1, 2015, all guests rooms will be entitled to ‘free of charge’ Wi-Fi.

Your room type voucher booked at the airport matches your room type allocated at the Hotel during your last stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights while attending a conference. The hotel and my room were beautiful. Very quiet and spa-like. Extremely clean, and everyone working at the hotel was so kind and helpful. The breakfast buffet was amazing. I loved everything about this place and would recommend it to anyone visiting Hanoi.

Room Tip: My room was on the 11th floor and was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly, the quality of the breakfast and the helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi as a nice stay. It was in the heart of the city and a short car ride from many sites. If you want to go to the water puppets (excellent show) or to the markets for shopping it is about a 2-3 km walk, but the desk has street maps to help you on your way. We took cyclo-taxi back from the market. We traveled through back streets to avoid traffic for an enjoyable bit of culture.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; particularly the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi and the friendly and helpful service you received from my colleagues. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to the Moevenpick and I must say this time I was pleasantly surprised to have complimentary wifi in my room given last time I stayed it was restricted to the lobby and restaurant.

It really is an excellent choice for a business hotel - the rooms are spacious with lots of sunlight, there is a big desk and bathroom, the breakfasts are buffet with lots of choice (both Asian and Western) and there is complimentary wifi in the rooms as I mentioned.

Room service is also great both in terms of choice and timely service and the staff were all very friendly. There is also a bar in the lobby.

It's located about a 20 min walk to the heart of the old town which means it's away from the hustle and bustle and is very quiet. You can travel there by taxi for only a couple of dollars.

This is a great business hotel although if I was travelling for leisure I would probably choose to stay in the heart of the old town. This is where all the atmosphere is.

Stayed: July 2014
MoevenpickHotelHanoi, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Ajmackie 1,

Thank you for choosing the Moevenpick Hotel during your recent business trip to Hanoi.

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay here and you enjoyed our room and services from our colleagues, especially services rendered by our Culinary team.

The Hotel is located only a short distance from the very famous old quarter of Hanoi and also Hoan Kiem Lake, fantastic to visit at day break!.

In closing, we thank you for your kind and encouraging feedback.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel has style in the French colonial tradition. It is first class in terms of accommodation and service. If there is a down side it is the tour groups from Europe which when doing anything en mass in the hotel really drags down the atmosphere and amenity. I guess the hotel cant be too fussy. The rates, at least in the off season, are very reasonable as are prices generally in Vietnam although the price of drinks means I tend to eat and drink out. It is well place for site seeing within walking distance to a lot of local attractions. The hotel, like most in Hanoi, is a good way from the airport and the traffic can be terrible and driving habit frightening so it is worth arranging transport before arrival through the hotel or travel agent rather than risk taxis and touts. One thing I do like is the solid build and quality fittings which means room to room and external noise is at a minimum.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bunehop,

We are delighted to know that you received first class treatment during recent stay from the team here at Moevenpick Hanoi.
Your compliments have been made known to all, as we are sure, such positive feedback motivates the team and encourages them to a higher level of service.

The room fittings are second to none. The Hotel was refurbished back in 2008 and all rooms are in extremely high condition. Thank you for mentioning this to our readers.

Lastly, we do provide BMW luxury transportation collection from the Airport to the Hotel at a cost of VND1’500’000 (approximately USD70).

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Moevenpick Hanoi and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

With three in the room there was no soap, no complimentary fruit, not enough shower toiletries for three people.
Rooms are very small, first impressions very poor! Time will tell as we have three more days here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank PhilJenni

Dear PhilJenni,

Greetings from Moevenpick Hanoi and thank you for taking the time to share your latest experience with us.

All points raised by you, I have shared with appropriate Department Heads for follow up.
For our valuable readers, our Superior rooms are 30m2. Comfortable for 2 adults, but for 3 adults and an extra bed, I would definitely ask for the next room category upgrade for a small fee.
All extra persons are allocated extra toweling and amenities.

For the ‘Best Available’ rate, please book direct to the Hotel.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Moevenpick Hanoi.