1,594 results
All reviews quan an ngon old quarter business hotel business trip great hotel rain shower breakfast buffet comfortable hotel walking distance french quarter short stay enjoyed my stay hoan kiem lake stayed here for nights rooftop bar central location halong bay
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip to Vietnam. Room was very nice, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Very clean rooms and an excellent breakfast (although very pricey at 20dollars a person).

Only downside was the concierge desk, we asked for recommendations for restaurants and halong bay cruise and were pretty disappointed with each. The staff are very young and while the rest of the experience was great, I would not be relying on their recommendations.

Date of stay: January 2011
1  Thank Muppet50
PatrickManthe, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2011

We truly appreciate your positive review and are glad to read that you liked our rooms as well as the breakfast. Thank you for your feedback regarding the recommandations of our concierge team which we will discuss with them accordingly. Our goal is to constantly improve on our service levels and your feedback will certainly help us in achieving this.

My team and I would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2011

The hotel itself is very nice, and the rooms are great. The location is central. The services in the hotel are expensive though-- $20 for breakfast, $10/day for wifi, $50 for a ride to the airport, $8 to mail 4 post cards.

My friend and I were traveling together, and had made a reservations for 2 separate rooms. When we arrived, however, the staff failed to realize this, and instead bypassed the regular checkin process and whisked us up to a single room with a king size bed. Apparently, they thought the 2 of us would be sleeping there together. It was very embarrassing for us. Worse, upon realizing this, the lady doing the "private" checkin didn't apologize. Instead, she proceeded to tell us what she thought-- that we were "special guests" sharing a room together. Yeah, no kidding, I know what you were thinking. Next time, before embarrassing people, you might want to 1) check the reservation, and 2) be more subtle. That sense was completely lacking.

The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport at a rate of $50 each way. It is very pricey given that a taxi costs $15. Upon overhearing a conversation amongst other guests about the significantly lower cost of a taxi, we proceeded to question one of the staff about the cost of a taxi. They were not straightforward about it, and were clearly trying to dissuade us from canceling the shuttle for obvious reasons. Given that information up front, few would choose the shuttle option which is 3x the cost.

Finally, I bought some stamps from the small gift shop in the lobby. I was told I needed 8 stamps, with a face value of 10,500 VND. The lady then charged me 150,000 VND. When I asked how she arrived at that number, she did some random calculation and arrived at a result which was not what she charged me. She showed me the calculator, and I pointed out that the number being displayed on the calculator was not what she charged me, nor were any of the numbers being typed in related to the cost of the stamps nor the number of stamps I bought. She took the calculator back, did another random calculation, again coming up with a number which was not what she charged me, and showed me again. This process was repeated several times. Finally, I gave up, left to conclude that the person either made the price up (likely), or does not contain the capacity to multiply 2 numbers together. Overall, the amount of money in dispute was small. But this, combined with the other issues I faced with the staff left me feeling that they are not straightforward with their guests.

I would consider staying at this hotel again, based on the room cost and location. But I would recommend avoiding any of the services it offers.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
PatrickManthe, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2011

Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor.com. I am of course deeply concerned about your observations on your recent visit, especially regarding your arrival experience. Receiving feedback like yours is essential for us in order to be able to address service issues as soon as they occur.

Please rest assured that we will immediately look at those issues in order to prevent such service lapses from reoccuring again.

I'm obviously very happy to read that you liked our rooms and the central location of the hotel.

We are hopeful that your next stay with us will be a pleasant one and I am always grateful for any feedback, whether positive or negative as this is the only way we can improve.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

We LOVED our stay at this hotel. I would go back again tomorrow if I could!

Lobby : The lobby is really really large, open, modern and inviting. As it was Christmas time, they had a large gingerbread house in the reception with a nativity scene - it was stunning. Very impressive.

Reception : The reception staff were so friendly and could not do enough to help us - they were a pleasure to deal with.

Room: Our room was awesome. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was huge and so modern and clean. The room had what you would expect for a hotel of this level : Laptop safe, mini bar, hairdryer, iron and ironing board etc. There was a really large flatscreen tv which has loads of chanels. I must say that the building next door is having a lot of work done to it which is a bit noisy. If you are a light sleeper, just ask for a quiet room.

Restaurant : We had breakfast in the hotel (no other meals). My breakfast was divine! The hotel caters for all nationalities so you can have the national favourite Pho, a large variety of fruit, waffles, omlettes made to order....etc etc. The staff were very friendly and accommodating as well.

Location : You are right in the middle of everything. We walked everywhere as everything was so close by.

We loved this hotel and if we visit again, we will return for sure.

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank Travel_Girl_Reviews

Thank you very much for the great review written about our hotel. It is a pleasure to read all your positive remarks and I am happy that you have such a positive impression on our hotel. I hope your trip to Hanoi provided you with pleasant memories and you may opt to return in the near future.

Thanks again for sharing your experience on this forum.

Reviewed 29 December 2010

Great hotel,nice modern room,breakfast was excellent-big variety to choose from.room service food was not good.staff friendly and helpful.we would recommend it and stay again.

Date of stay: December 2010
1  Thank tgecelter

I truly appreciate your positive review and I am glad to read that you liked our property, the breakfast, room service as well as the way our staff was looking after you during your stay at our hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2010

Walking distance to Quan An Ngo, where you can find dishes of street local food in a modern setting which helpful staff and fast service. 25 to 35 VDG to the lake. 25 mi walk to Koto, the well known resturnt, reputed for an excellent meal through training life and culinary skills to street kids. Clean, quiet and new looking. There is a cafe in the next building. For aqua /mineral water, go to the local shop opposite Quan An Ngo. Toothbrush, toothpaste and robe - provided.

Date of stay: December 2010
2  Thank ChilipadiYan

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your experience on this platform and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future again.

Best regards,