“Totally good”

Ranked #395 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Totally good”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I spent 2 nights at a suite room on 5th floor, very nice decor, spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly, they smile with me every single time they see me and try to assist me. I really enjoyed staying here, good location, very easy to get around from here. Just get out of hotel and walk a few minutes I can find many local food restaurant, further a bit is Hoan Kiem lake, very nice attraction especially at night. Complimentary breakfast was also great. Really value for money!

Room Tip: Try to book one with balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Daniel124

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The Old Quarter is a must go area if you travel to Hanoi for the 1st time. And it's even better if you have chance to stay right inside this beautiful area. Only one thinh that bother me is traffic here is really shock.
The hotel was well priced and great location. We stayed here for three nights and what I got is over my expectation. We had a room on the 4th floor with a large balcony, very spacious, clean, comfortable bed. We even get free fruit in room everyday. Hotel staffs were really friendly, helpful and well trained, all of the place that we were recommended by receptionist were awesome. Their help make our trip amazing. Thank you for all your support. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Pick a room with balcony on the high level, you will see how beautiful Hanoi is at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We booked a room by friends' recommendation, we stayed 2 nights in the hotel and booked two days tour to Halong bay with hotel tour advisor, the proce is quite reasonable, they are very helpful. Hotel staff picks me up at the airport, he is really friendly and I appreciate it.
Arriving in the early morning, they offered early check in without any charge, all of staff was outstanding. I cannot rate them any higher! They were so kind and attentive, warmly and welcoming. Large room, nice decor and balcony view, we really enjoy staying here. We check out room with fantastic buffet breakfast, warmly services with MS Hang-hotel bartender, she told us many stories about Hanoi.
While traveling to Halong, we leave our bag at hotel concierge safety and no charge. Back hotel from Halong bay after two days tour, we got the same kindly welcoming services from all staff and got a room for changing and relax half an hour. We order a transport to airport with good price, lower than we expected. Goodbye Hnoi and Luxor
We will be back to Vietnam and would like to stay at Luxor hotel again, highly recommecnd this hotel if you have any chance to visit Vietnam.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Quynhcz
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for just over a week and were very happy with our stay. The reviews I read before booking the room are mostly true to form, that being that "it is great value". The photos of the room [cityview room] are quite accurate. The room was well fascilitated as shown in the brochure/and online. The staff were very friendly and helpful and willing to assist with any queries. The breakfast buffet had plenty of dishes to choose from plus omelettes made to order[yum]. This hotel is fairly central in 'the old quarter', being a convenient location to visit an array of sites throughout the district. I'll be recommending this hotel to friends that plan on visiting Hanoi. To all those planning to travel to this bustling city it is in your best interest to read reviews and note all the pros and cons, it worked for us and we had a great time, happy travelin.

Room Tip: Our room was a cityview room, this faced west on the fifth floor and had a balcony overlookin the st...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here for 1 night and were very happy it was only 1 night. Our first room had ants on the bed and in the room, the door did not lock, the bathtub did not drain and there was no window to the outside. They did switch us to another room which did not have ants which was nice. But for this room if you took a shower the water went everywhere in the bathroom. Also the toilet bubbled up and would splash yo uwhen you were going to the bathroom if someone else (we think) in the hotel flushed the toilet. I would NOT stay here again. We were at the hotel moment the night before for the SAME cost and it was 100 times better. The breakfast was cold and not good. The location was OK, but i would not stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenzo15
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights, with a trip to sapa in the middle. They looked after us, and went beyond the call of duty to make our trip easier. They offered us a great room rate, free luggage storage, and even let us camp in their reception very early in the morning. It was also great that they gave us a large room on request. The lady also helped us secure a cheap fixed price taxi to airport. Breakfast was a good selection, considering the size of the hotel. Great location, comfortable rooms and overall a nice place to stay. Would happily stay here again, and recommend this to anyone travelling to Hanoi. Free Internet is good too.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ryansharpnz
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in a suite room in this hotel for 3 nights in total with 2 nights in the middle to visit Halong Bay. I thought the hotel offered very good value for money in an excellent location to explore the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The reception staff were very helpful in advising on taxis and restaurants and the concierge guys would beat you to the door every time and never let you carry your own bags. The professional pictures of the rooms are a little deceptive and I wouldn't call the room we stayed in a 'suite' but for a 3 star hotel and the price we payed, the room we was perfectly good with a big comfy bed, PC, new air-con unit, private balcony, decent shower and jacuzzi bath. The hotel also has it's own ATM at the door which if you've just arrived in Vietnam and haven't got any 'Dong' on you yet and you're a bit apprehensive of wandering around Hanoi with your wallet and all your cash on your person then this is great (although, as it happens Hanoi seems like a very safe city and I'm sure you'd be fine).

My one grumble with the hotel was the breakfast which was pretty limited in choice and not the best quality, but back to my earlier point; this is a 3 star hotel not 5 star so you get what you pay for.

Just as an addition... they don't do strong tea in the hotel (or the whole of Vietnam for that matter) so if you're a Brit who needs a good strong mug of tea in the morning you may struggle. However, if you ask for your own tea-bag, the staff were more than happy to give you one.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple