“Second to none, you will not regret your stay here!”

Hanoi Elegance Ruby
Ranked #15 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
Sydney, Australia
“Second to none, you will not regret your stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The lovely people here absolutely made our trip in Vietnam! The staff are exceptional and incredibly friendly. Vietnam Air lost our luggage and the wonderful team at Hanoi Elegance Ruby followed up with them on our behalf to locate our luggage and then stored it for us while we were on our way to Halong Bay. The rooms are clean and modern and because the hotel is quite small, they know everyone’s names and really take the time to get to know you and provide an exceptional service. The hotel is right in the hustle and bustle of the city centre but it is so quiet in the room you forget that you’re in the heart of Hanoi! We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, it is very spacious so would recommend staying in one of these if you can! Unfortunately our cruise was cancelled (see my review on Paradise cruises) but the hotel staff kindly found us a room despite the last minute booking and were so honest in that they offered us a very reasonable rate even though they could have so easily capitalised on two desperate tourists! We stayed in a ‘standard’ room and this was just as good as the suite albeit a little less spacious and more ‘cosy’. For the other nights that we had originally planned to be on the cruise, the Hanoi Elegance Ruby team found us a room at their sister hotel “Hanoi Elegance Emerald” (see my review on this) as they were fully booked. I cannot fault the team here at all and it’s some of the best customer service I’ve ever received (even in my 5 star hotel experiences!) they were so willing to help and sorted everything out for us in an otherwise stressful situation. I HIGHLY recommend staying here, you will not regret it!

4 Thank SymJon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

You can't go wrong booking this hotel. The staff are incredible. Friendly, helpful, the room was really lovely, in the heart of the old quarter but I still kept getting lost but that's hanoi for you :-) I would not hesitate to stay here again, superb little hotel with a fantastic team!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mupp007
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was probably the best hotel in our entire Vietnam trip!
I would definitely stay here again.

Pros:
- The location is great
- Very nice breakfast selection
- The staff is uber friendly and goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable The service is really exceptional and they are great at anticipating needs. After our stay, we went on a cruise to Halong Bay. Not only did the hotel store our bags, but, when we returned, they offered us a private lobby with a shower and clean towels for us to freshen up, as they knew we were going to catch the night train to the next destination.
- Cheap for the service and facilities they provide.

Cons:
- Can't think of any.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank amarianellagomes
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This boutique hotel is one of three Elegance Hotels in Hanoi. It provides a shuttle service to and from the airport, which is a bonus. We stayed for four nights (three nights in a suite, and then one night in Room 201 as a stop-over on the way out of Hanoi). The hotel is perfectly located in Hanoi's authentic old quarter, within walking distance of everything! As it was our wedding anniversary, we booked a suite on the seventh floor which had a balcony overlooking the narrow lane and great rooftop views. The rooms were fresh, clean and comfortable. We are so appreciative of the fact that the staff went out of their way to decorate it for our anniversary (rose petals, chocolates, swans etc!), providing a fresh fruit basket, wine and a congratulatory card. The rate included daily breakfast, which has something for everyone. It's amazing what they could produce out of a teeny-weeny "kitchen" in the dining room on the ground floor. The reception staff were lovely, and very helpful in making recommendations, calling taxis etc. They really could not do enough to ensure our stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face onto the narrow lane at the front of the building. Room 201, which is on th...
1 Thank ZimKiwiTraveller
Paihia, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed four nights with this great team. Made us very welcome every minute of the day and night.
Breakfast was fantastic Cooked and cold were available along with great juice and fresh fruit.
Front of house reception was extremely efficient. Booking desk had all the info you needed. Maps were supplied and the team had a great understanding of where you could get most things within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and well appointed. We had the 8 floor with a balcony (worth the extra $) for the extra space and light. The hotel has a fantastic location right in the middle of the old quarter BUT is very quiet unlike other hotels in this busy area. The pick up and drop off at the airport are great worth the money. Sooo easy. Thanks Ruby Elegance for our great stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with balcony's are great. But not essential. we were on the 8th floor looking out.
2 Thank REXNZ2014
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great time at Hanoi Elegance Ruby, the staff were very friendly and very helpsome, the room was very nice, even better than expected. The breakfast was good and the location is great. Walking distance to everywhere in the old quarters.

1 Thank Mikkel S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

When the taxi pulled up by the alleyway that the hotel was down my heart sank. I thought that it was a mistake. But, I simply didn't understand Hanoi! And I didn't appreciate how magical things can be tucked away in their own hidden oasis.

Everything about this boutique hotel was excellent. The staff thrived on giving an excellent service, which took many forms (walking to a pharmacy with me when I felt ill, even when I said that I would be ok; returning to a pharmacy later in the day to collect medication for me; sending a member of staff out to collect tickets for me for a show; always coming out to escort me in at night when I have arrived in a formal taxi, possibly to make sure that they were not trying to overcharge me).

The staff were unbelievable and their use of language was almost hypnotic. Just speaking with them took me to a happy place. They all knew my plans and no matter which member of staff I spoke to they would ask me how about the specific particular activity that i had just did. And they genuinely cared and nothing was too much trouble. The staff seemed to motivated by my happiness, rather than tips. They wouldn't allow me to tip them individually and all tips went into a box at reception to be shared.

There was a significant attention to detail in the rooms and I felt so much at home. I switched rooms, as I prolonged my stay in Hanoi and there was limited availability. Whilst my first room could have been bigger (the bottom of the range one), it was still wonderful. The second room was luxurious and looked directly out onto the alleyway. Whist the original room that I had was great (as a single traveller), it is probably better value to pay extra in order not to have the cheapest room option.

After booking out I went on a trip to Halong Bay. They allowed me to return to the hotel free of charge and shower, whereby I left my bags until the evening. I actually got upgraded free of charge on the Halong Bay trip and I assume that they chose to do this because of the hotel that I was staying at.

I found that there was something special about this hotel and it was certainly greater than just the sum of its parts (clean room, good service etc). It was an experience and it made my trip to Hanoi.

Room Tip: There is better value in not going for the cheapest room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo