“Top choice”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #74 of 639 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We loved to stay at the Serenity Hotel. The staff was always very friendly, the breakfast good, the room very clean, we felt at home! The pickup from the airport worked out perfectly as everything else they organised for us. We liked the location a little bit outside of the touristy streets of the old quarter. And in the same street about 50 meters away is a great Bun Cha place. We like to have a last beer before going to bed in the bar right on the corner!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank fm201

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We did a Vietnam Tour from South to North in 4 weeks organized by the Manager of Serenity Hotel. An Experience we never will forget. Hotel bookings, taxi transferts, flights, excursions, everything was perfect and in our budget. The communication by mail with the staff of Serenity during our trip was great. The choice of the hotels was always good and also located close to all the sites.
We stayed several nights at Serenity Hotel in February and March this year. The staff is very friendly en helpful and spoke excellent English. We had a very clean and big room on the first floor with a bathroom, hot and cold water, a good shower. In the room there is free WIFI and even a computer. The laundry service is cheap. Breakfast was delicious and you could have thee and coffee for free the whole day long.
This hotel is good located in the center of the old town and near the Hoan Kiem Lake and other sites.
Good value for money!!! When we return one day to Hanoi, we surely will stay at Serenity Hotel.
Elise

Room Tip: Older people can choose a room on the first or second floor. The rooms are big and confortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elise B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at Serenity Hotel for 6 nights. First impressions were good and the staff were very sweet throughout our stay. However the room was damp and had mould on the walls. The cleaning and maintenance staff were incredibly noisy and started work very early in the morning, one morning waking us up at 6.15, testing keys in the lock of a neighbouring room. Another morning at around 8, builders were in the room next door taking the wood laminate flooring up very noisily. When we left our room we found 2 used condoms on the floor in the corridor that the builders had thrown there having found them when moving furniture. We also used their laundry service and had some very grey clothes returned to us. After long discussions with staff and phone calls with the manager who had gone home, we were told that the laundry staff would try to 'fix them' and if we were still not happy the following day, we would be compensated for the cost of replacing the clothes. The next day the clothes were returned in the same condition and we were told that it was not their fault and that we must have given them in in that state. They also pleaded with us to understand that the laundry staff get very low wages and can't afford to compensate us. We explained that the hotel pay their wages and that since we gave the clothes to the hotel, it was their responsibility to take care of them. After another long discussion we were compensated for half the cost of the clothes (only $35) and a taxi to the airport. WiFi was unreliable and slow. It was our worst hotel experience in 3 months of travelling around SE Asia.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NatashaandSusan
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here after reading reviews and was taken aback at what a great place it was. Receptionist was exceptional friendly and was overly appologetic because our room wasnt ready when we arrived, we were early by the way. Made us very welcome, getting us tea and something to eat on the house I might add while we waited. She wanted to take our bags to the room when it was ready, we wouldnt let her, and we were all puffing by the time we got to our room. We were on the top floor and had to climb the steepest steps I have ever encounted and everyone was buggered by the time we got to the room, but the effort was rewarded The room was large and very clean with comfortable beds and a nice clean hot shower. We even had a computer in our room with free internet access, WOW. In a pretty good location close to all the sites. Couldnt recommend this place more highly, only downside is the steep climb to the higher levels so elderly better off on bottom floors.

Room Tip: Steep climb tothe top floors
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Glenita
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Serenity Hotel for several nights in February this year. The staff there were welcoming, spoke excellent english and were more than accommodating of our needs (early and late check-ins etc). The friendly staff helped us arrange our train tickets and taxi transfers as well as memorable tours of Sapa and Halong Bay. We had several spotlessly clean rooms with good sized windows, hot showeres and access to free wifi in all rooms. Breakfast was delicious and the free tea and coffee all day was a lovely surprise. I could not speak more highly of this venue, great staff, clean rooms and close to all the sights. Good value for money. A special thank you to the lovely Quyen and all the wonderful staff at Serenity Hotel for making our vacation so enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa a
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed here for one week. Check-in was quick and someone carried my bags to room 401. The stairwell is steep and narrow. The walls of the stairwell have numerous scuff marks from the countless bags brought up and down. A couple of twin sized mattresses were left in the stairwell for part of my stay. In my room the entire wall behind the bed was covered in stains and there were a few patches of black mold (I scraped some off with my fingers because I was curious). It was a little disgusting but after a couple of days it began to grow on me. It almost seemed artistic...like an accent wall. All of the wall paper in the room needs replacement. The hot water thingy in the bathroom didn't work so I took cold showers for the entire week. When the weather is warm it's not that bad. When it was cooler outside showering reminded me of swimming in Lake Michigan when I was a child. The flooring in the room is some very low-grade faux wood laminate. Much of the floor near the window in my room had been damaged by water that had come in at some point in the past. As this can only be repaired by replacement the hotel partly covered it up with a potted plant and chair. The breakfast in the morning was fair for the price. Free coffe and tea is provided in the lobby all day. I bought no tours so I cannot comment on that part of their business.

Room Tip: Avoid room 401 untill they replace the wall paper and fix the water heater.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here with my parents and husband for one night after a long overland journey from Laos. The welcome we received was so lovely and they greeted us with a cup of tea and coffee, gave us a map and talked us through where we were in relation to the sights.

The girl helping us was the most hospitable and helpful person I have met working in a hotel in my 7 months in South East Asia. She really makes the hotel shine (I'm so sorry that I don't know your name)!

We were kindly upgraded, due to availability. The rooms were spacious, clean with huge windows.

The hotel arranged our Halong Bay trip which we did with Dragon Cruise, which we recommend. There were 14 guests in the boat (including us) and the food was outstanding.

When we returned the lovely girl had gone home but the male member of staff offered us tea and coffee and allowed us to use the cafe until our late night train.

The breakfast was average to good- eggs, bacon and baguette. The hotel missed a few touches that would make it just perfect, such as complimentary water, tea/coffee in the room, although they provide us with a kettle and cups?

The rooms were a little damp, but as so spacious and only there for one night,it was no problem at all.

There are many stairs to the top floors,with no lift. If you have a problem walking consider asking for a lower floor. The staff very kindly assisted with our bags.

Overall a great stay for our short trip to Hanoi. A reliable hotel with brilliant service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family