“THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE HOME, AWAY FROM HOME !!!!!”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #73 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Oswego, New York, United States
“THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE HOME, AWAY FROM HOME !!!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

HANOI SERENITY HOTEL turned out to be everything I had expected, hoped for and more!! The most incredible part of my stay (at this little gem of a hotel) was most certainly the staff!!! I literally felt like they were my family, away from home, that's how genuine and well I was treated.

The value is unbeatable, not to mention its location and proximity; in an outstanding area, close to everything you would want to see, do eat and experience.

The clientele is diverse as well which made my stay that much more enjoyable! There were Canucks, Austrians, Germans, Swedes, and others staying there and I'm sure they can attest to this review.

I have to give big ups to the company at the airport that booked my initial nights. It was one of the best recommendations I've received in a long time while traveling through Southeast Asia.

Cannot forget about the Breakfast, which is included...which was awesome. You can get your eggs or go with some traditional and deelish Pho... and the coffee is solid, I drank a lot if it! haha

I Love Vietnam, and the folks at HANOI SERENITY HOTEL really made my visit to Hanoi that much more enjoyable!!

Visit this city, stay at this hotel, I think you'll find it the most value for your money and you won't be disappointed. And I keep coming back to the people running the hotel, but they are wonderful, and that, my fellow travelers, you cannot put a price tag on...

Thank you Jenny et al, you know who you are :-) I will stay there again when I come back to Hanoi!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lunchbox32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Motueka, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For 20$ a night you carnt go wrong.it was very clean in fact we to up graded.the staff were very helpful and friendly they went the extra mile to make sure we were happy.the breakfast was included and was great.yummy and filling and you got to choose what you wanted with coffee and juice and fresh fruit.best hotel we sated in in s.e.a and for a cheap rice.also right in the city close to everything

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Spain
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just had a great stay at Serenity. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Free breakfast, wifi, lots of stairs if you're on one of the top floors, but worth it to be away from the traffic noise. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked great, which made the room a nice escape from the chaos of the city. Would 100% recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again my next time in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

During a week we stayed before, after, and in between trips to Halong Bay and Sapa. Travelling as a family with three kids we needed a hotel that supported the busy itinerary of the week. The young and talented staff at Serenity delivered to perfection! Helping with everything from simple shopping, taxi pricing, advice on sightseeing, tour arrangements to practical hotel-stuff, they just made it all happen smoothly and with a smile. Moreover, they showed a genuine interest in sharing a normal conversation between people when time allowed for it. Man, do these guys work long hours!
We bought trips to Ha Long Bay and Sapa at The hotel. Both tour operators were ok. The one in Sapa was even quite good (Sapa pathfinder travel).
The hotel itself is conveniently located. But the rooms are somewhat worn down and a hot shower is only almost always possible. But thanks to the brilliant staff and the wonderful atmosphere they created we would recommend this place anyday.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
LYON
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Yes i have stayed twice at this hotel in 2011 and 2012 (2 weeks each stay). The rooms are starting to get old, a bit of refurbishing would be welcomed. The is no lift in the hotel and many floors! Wifi is weak but free. Windows do not close properly, but during the night it is quiet. Breakfast is included, the price being cheap don't expect much distraction: bread with jam, pho, omelette and banana fritter. They organise tours to Ha long Bay, we have tried the boat they work with, it is very good. High class bedroom with air con and private balcony. My son slept under the moon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank franck69890
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I just spent 2 nights at the Serenity Hotel in Hanoi (No1B Cua Dong in the old quarter). Folks were very helpful. Breakfast was good and coffee and tea always available. They made some travel reservations for us and that turned out well also. We left some luggage there and they were happy to let us use their lobby as we waited to get to the airport. Highly recommend these folks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We loved to stay at the Serenity Hotel. The staff was always very friendly, the breakfast good, the room very clean, we felt at home! The pickup from the airport worked out perfectly as everything else they organised for us. We liked the location a little bit outside of the touristy streets of the old quarter. And in the same street about 50 meters away is a great Bun Cha place. We like to have a last beer before going to bed in the bar right on the corner!

• Stayed March 2013