“Great Value and Service”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #73 of 592 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, India
“Great Value and Service”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Had a 04 Nights stay at hotel. Very friendly and considerate staff. Good travel deals and advice for Northern Vietnam.. Most of the hotels in Old quarter have stairs only and are vertical... Nice location just 15min walk to Lake and 05 min walk to famous night market...took very good care in arranging all veg.food at all the places for our 11days trip of Northern Vietnam....

Room Tip: rooms at first and second levels are most preferred...price negotiation or discount on rack rate is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dfuror

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I just can underline all the positive comments about this hotel. The airport pickup worked perfectly and it saved me from all the scams you can experience with fake places and bad taxi drivers. I checked in very early, 10 am, but that was no problem. Over a welcome coffee the nice lady of the reception explained Hanoi to me, marking in their free city map all the places worth a visit including the streets with great street food. The location of Serenity Hotel in the Old Quarter near a street junction easy to find back to is just ideal to discover the most interesting part of Hanoi.

Halong Bay was on my schedule, and after I had tried to book it individually via Internet I had read some comments on Tripadvisor that people were very happy having booked through Serenity Hotel. The lady of the reception did not try to sell me a trip, but when I asked she explained the alternatives. I wanted a boat not to big, and so she recommended "Imperial Cruise" which turned out to be a perfect choice. Nice boat, beautiful cabin with a big window, hot water, AC, very good meals with a lot of seafood, fast and comfortabel bus and a good guide. I can hardly understand how they manage to do this for the 90$ I paid plus 20$ to have the whole cabin for me, being single. Great value. And I very much appreciated not to be pushed by the hotel to buy a trip.

The room was nice and spacious, I was on the fourth floor, had a great view - the window takes the whole width of the room. I did not mind to climb the steps although I am 71 but I am aware somebody less healthy or handicapped could have a problem there.

AC, WiFi , hot water, TV , everything worked perfectly, there are also some PC in the lobby and in many rooms too. I liked the bed, found the mattress perfect but I like it not too soft.

Whatever question I had, the staff were most helpful. They printed my flight ticket, when I realized the airline wanted it as a paper. And everybody smiled, greeted you friendly and was helpful as I could see when having my breakfast and some exhausted backpackers arrived.

You have a breakfast menu( included), coffee or tea as much as you like, fresh fruit like pineapple, watermelon to go with bananas which they have everyday.

A hotel which offers big value and all the hospitabilty you could possibly wish!

Room Tip: Rooms to the backside, numbers ..1 or ...2 do not have the street noise, the ..3 facing the street h...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gottfried Z
Oswego, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2013

HANOI SERENITY HOTEL turned out to be everything I had expected, hoped for and more!! The most incredible part of my stay (at this little gem of a hotel) was most certainly the staff!!! I literally felt like they were my family, away from home, that's how genuine and well I was treated.

The value is unbeatable, not to mention its location and proximity; in an outstanding area, close to everything you would want to see, do eat and experience.

The clientele is diverse as well which made my stay that much more enjoyable! There were Canucks, Austrians, Germans, Swedes, and others staying there and I'm sure they can attest to this review.

I have to give big ups to the company at the airport that booked my initial nights. It was one of the best recommendations I've received in a long time while traveling through Southeast Asia.

Cannot forget about the Breakfast, which is included...which was awesome. You can get your eggs or go with some traditional and deelish Pho... and the coffee is solid, I drank a lot if it! haha

I Love Vietnam, and the folks at HANOI SERENITY HOTEL really made my visit to Hanoi that much more enjoyable!!

Visit this city, stay at this hotel, I think you'll find it the most value for your money and you won't be disappointed. And I keep coming back to the people running the hotel, but they are wonderful, and that, my fellow travelers, you cannot put a price tag on...

Thank you Jenny et al, you know who you are :-) I will stay there again when I come back to Hanoi!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lunchbox32
Motueka, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For 20$ a night you carnt go wrong.it was very clean in fact we to up graded.the staff were very helpful and friendly they went the extra mile to make sure we were happy.the breakfast was included and was great.yummy and filling and you got to choose what you wanted with coffee and juice and fresh fruit.best hotel we sated in in s.e.a and for a cheap rice.also right in the city close to everything

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Spain
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just had a great stay at Serenity. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Free breakfast, wifi, lots of stairs if you're on one of the top floors, but worth it to be away from the traffic noise. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked great, which made the room a nice escape from the chaos of the city. Would 100% recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again my next time in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

During a week we stayed before, after, and in between trips to Halong Bay and Sapa. Travelling as a family with three kids we needed a hotel that supported the busy itinerary of the week. The young and talented staff at Serenity delivered to perfection! Helping with everything from simple shopping, taxi pricing, advice on sightseeing, tour arrangements to practical hotel-stuff, they just made it all happen smoothly and with a smile. Moreover, they showed a genuine interest in sharing a normal conversation between people when time allowed for it. Man, do these guys work long hours!
We bought trips to Ha Long Bay and Sapa at The hotel. Both tour operators were ok. The one in Sapa was even quite good (Sapa pathfinder travel).
The hotel itself is conveniently located. But the rooms are somewhat worn down and a hot shower is only almost always possible. But thanks to the brilliant staff and the wonderful atmosphere they created we would recommend this place anyday.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
LYON
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Yes i have stayed twice at this hotel in 2011 and 2012 (2 weeks each stay). The rooms are starting to get old, a bit of refurbishing would be welcomed. The is no lift in the hotel and many floors! Wifi is weak but free. Windows do not close properly, but during the night it is quiet. Breakfast is included, the price being cheap don't expect much distraction: bread with jam, pho, omelette and banana fritter. They organise tours to Ha long Bay, we have tried the boat they work with, it is very good. High class bedroom with air con and private balcony. My son slept under the moon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family