“Excellent Customer Service and Comfortable Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Serenity Hotel

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #70 of 563 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Excellent Customer Service and Comfortable Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in their cheapest room for $16 a night. It included AC, cable with English HBO, hot water (typical SE Asian "wet bathroom"), a PC and a mini fridge. The staff is excellent and gave us a free map marked with suggested places to go. Breakfast is very good with as much coffee, tea, juice and fruit as you want and many good choices for your main dish. Our room was on the fourth floor which meant lots of stairs, so keep that in mind if that's an issue.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CaitlinK1024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

My family and I stayed here for only two nights but the care, help and consideration shown by the staff extended well beyond our two night stay. Our first floor room was comfortable and clean. Daily breakfast was delicious and the location of the hotel itself was wonderful (in the old quarter). Staff booked train tickets to Danang for us and kept them safe while we headed to Sapa for a few days. They also looked after some of our bags (free of charge) while we were away in Sapa. When we returned after five days they greeted us warmly, returned our bags safely, organized a taxi for us and had our ongoing train tickets to Danang ready to go! We were in a rush by this stage to catch our next train after a long delay on the train back from Sapa. Because of their wonderful organization, friendliness and help we were able to make our next train journey with 10 minutes to spare. Thanks to all the lovely staff at the Serenity! I will be telling others I know going to Hanoi that they should stay here. Great little place with amazingly helpful and friendly people running it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank happyyfamilyy
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Had a 04 Nights stay at hotel. Very friendly and considerate staff. Good travel deals and advice for Northern Vietnam.. Most of the hotels in Old quarter have stairs only and are vertical... Nice location just 15min walk to Lake and 05 min walk to famous night market...took very good care in arranging all veg.food at all the places for our 11days trip of Northern Vietnam....

Room Tip: rooms at first and second levels are most preferred...price negotiation or discount on rack rate is...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dfuror
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I just can underline all the positive comments about this hotel. The airport pickup worked perfectly and it saved me from all the scams you can experience with fake places and bad taxi drivers. I checked in very early, 10 am, but that was no problem. Over a welcome coffee the nice lady of the reception explained Hanoi to me, marking in their free city map all the places worth a visit including the streets with great street food. The location of Serenity Hotel in the Old Quarter near a street junction easy to find back to is just ideal to discover the most interesting part of Hanoi.

Halong Bay was on my schedule, and after I had tried to book it individually via Internet I had read some comments on Tripadvisor that people were very happy having booked through Serenity Hotel. The lady of the reception did not try to sell me a trip, but when I asked she explained the alternatives. I wanted a boat not to big, and so she recommended "Imperial Cruise" which turned out to be a perfect choice. Nice boat, beautiful cabin with a big window, hot water, AC, very good meals with a lot of seafood, fast and comfortabel bus and a good guide. I can hardly understand how they manage to do this for the 90$ I paid plus 20$ to have the whole cabin for me, being single. Great value. And I very much appreciated not to be pushed by the hotel to buy a trip.

The room was nice and spacious, I was on the fourth floor, had a great view - the window takes the whole width of the room. I did not mind to climb the steps although I am 71 but I am aware somebody less healthy or handicapped could have a problem there.

AC, WiFi , hot water, TV , everything worked perfectly, there are also some PC in the lobby and in many rooms too. I liked the bed, found the mattress perfect but I like it not too soft.

Whatever question I had, the staff were most helpful. They printed my flight ticket, when I realized the airline wanted it as a paper. And everybody smiled, greeted you friendly and was helpful as I could see when having my breakfast and some exhausted backpackers arrived.

You have a breakfast menu( included), coffee or tea as much as you like, fresh fruit like pineapple, watermelon to go with bananas which they have everyday.

A hotel which offers big value and all the hospitabilty you could possibly wish!

Room Tip: Rooms to the backside, numbers ..1 or ...2 do not have the street noise, the ..3 facing the street h...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gottfried Z
Oswego, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

HANOI SERENITY HOTEL turned out to be everything I had expected, hoped for and more!! The most incredible part of my stay (at this little gem of a hotel) was most certainly the staff!!! I literally felt like they were my family, away from home, that's how genuine and well I was treated.

The value is unbeatable, not to mention its location and proximity; in an outstanding area, close to everything you would want to see, do eat and experience.

The clientele is diverse as well which made my stay that much more enjoyable! There were Canucks, Austrians, Germans, Swedes, and others staying there and I'm sure they can attest to this review.

I have to give big ups to the company at the airport that booked my initial nights. It was one of the best recommendations I've received in a long time while traveling through Southeast Asia.

Cannot forget about the Breakfast, which is included...which was awesome. You can get your eggs or go with some traditional and deelish Pho... and the coffee is solid, I drank a lot if it! haha

I Love Vietnam, and the folks at HANOI SERENITY HOTEL really made my visit to Hanoi that much more enjoyable!!

Visit this city, stay at this hotel, I think you'll find it the most value for your money and you won't be disappointed. And I keep coming back to the people running the hotel, but they are wonderful, and that, my fellow travelers, you cannot put a price tag on...

Thank you Jenny et al, you know who you are :-) I will stay there again when I come back to Hanoi!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lunchbox32
Motueka, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

For 20$ a night you carnt go wrong.it was very clean in fact we to up graded.the staff were very helpful and friendly they went the extra mile to make sure we were happy.the breakfast was included and was great.yummy and filling and you got to choose what you wanted with coffee and juice and fresh fruit.best hotel we sated in in s.e.a and for a cheap rice.also right in the city close to everything

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just had a great stay at Serenity. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Free breakfast, wifi, lots of stairs if you're on one of the top floors, but worth it to be away from the traffic noise. The beds were comfortable and the A/C worked great, which made the room a nice escape from the chaos of the city. Would 100% recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again my next time in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends