“BEST VALUE, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!”

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #76 of 651 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I selected Serenity Hotel after viewing the reviews at tripadvisor.com. I want to say that I have made a right choice! Good location, clean and well lit.
I booked 4 standard rooms online for 8 family members. When we reached there the first night, we got upgraded 2 rooms to Deluxe Rooms, for the same price. (Actually one should book a deluxe room for a bigger bathroom come with a tub.)
The next morning we checked out the hotel rooms to join Halong Emotion Cruise for a 2days 1nite trip. After coming back from Halong Bay, we checked in to this hotel again for another 4 nights. And this time we got upgraded 3 rooms to Deluxe Rooms, for the same price. Thanks Mr Sun, the hotel manager.
Mr Sun is very friendly and helpful. He will help you out for most of the things you need during your trip in Hanoi. For instance:-
he arranged the transport to and fro Noi Bai Airport for a lower price; he is our money changer (for a reasonable rate); he helped us to get a mini van for our day trip in Hanoi city and to book a pirvate tour to Hoa Lu-Tam Coc, with a professional tour guide, Mr Phuong, who can speak English very well.
The hotel staff are fantastic. Mr Sy always smile, so do Miss Thuy and Miss Monh. Binh is always standby to give you a helping hand (carry your stuff). We felt very comfortable and enjoyable having dinner with them (just like one family) in the hotel during our third night there. I definately recommended SERENITY HOTEL to everyone who visit Hanoi.

Reviewed 27 November 2009

I stayed here for three nights and never had such friendly service before, the staff here will literally bend over backwards for you, ie taking you themselves to a good tailor and translating for you, I didnt end up booking my Halong tour through them but when I came back from Halong Bay (they look after your stuff for you, you dont even have to take it out of the room, they move it for you) I got upgraded to a room with my own internet and bathtub, for the same price which was awesome.

They ordered taxi to and from the airport (I did it through them, probalby would of gotten cheaper through a taxi service but for US$15 one way I thought it was pretty good and easier).

I dont think you will find anywhere better for the service, location or price.

I plan to come back to Hanoi and this is where I will be staying again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2009

First of all we did not plan to stay in this hotel but some how or rather there was a minor changes. We were relocated in Serenity Hotel subsequently. We have ten family members travelling together, inclusive 2 children. Today is the forth day of our stay and we are going to stay for another 2 days here.
Before we left this morning for our day trip to Hou Lam - Tam Coc, the front desK manager Mr Sun proposed that we have home cooked dinner upon returning, We are very delighted to have such offer. We have just had an awesome authentic Vietnamese dinner prepared by :- Mr Sun as the director. Miss Thuy and Miss Mon as Chef with the help of the remaining two staff (not sure about their names).
We have fun learning to prepare Vietnamese spring roll. The menu from Mr Sun was FIVE STAR HOTEL standard. ......fish with tomato, salad with tangy sauce, dog meat as requested by my brother in law Mr Wong, steamed chicken specially ordered by the little children, small pak choy, duck soup.....the dinner was just marvellous.
Being a reason traveller, i am asking myself where could I find such a hotel with the extra service ? You will not regret to stay here,

Reviewed 25 November 2009

Serenity is a really good option for the old quarter in hanoi. its a good location and its clean and safe.

The breakfast was amazing and great value for the price of the hotel.

The staff are really helpful -especially the manager sun. they book trips, give you good rates and generally do anything to help.

Tvs and computers in room which is a help and the bathrooms are nice. rooms are basic but just what you need.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2009

This is hands down the best hotel we stayed in during our 3 weeks in Vietnam! Great location (within walking distance of all of the Old Quarter, the lake area, and beyond even into the French Quarter), Fantastic Staff, Clean Rooms, Free wifi, ridiculously cheap rates, and more. The staff knew our names and travel plans before we even arrived and were constantly interacting and friendly with us and making sure we had everything we needed. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us. At one point they ran out of the seasoning sauce I liked on my breakfast, and when I asked for more the young man went to the front desk, got cash from the manager and RAN out the door. He was back within three minutes with a brand new bottle for me (huffing and puffing from running the whole way!)! We booked train tickets to/from Sapa through someone else versus going through them...big mistake! Serenity booked our train tickets to Da Nang and were spot on without the "voucher" scandal that usually occurs in Vietnam (we found that out the hard way-make your reservations direct with LiviTrans or a reputable hotel that ensures you they are buying actual tickets and not vouchers for tickets) and even arranged and paid for our transport to the train station. The free breakfast was the best breakfast we had in all of Vietnam, with delicious, fresh, crusty baguettes and cooked to order eggs and bacon (# 9 on the menu!) as well as fresh juices and fruit and yummy coffee with sweet milk. Serenity even gave us free rooms to shower/rest up in twice when we returned from Halong Bay and Sapa until ours were ready (once at 4:30 in the morning!). The only bad thing I could say about this hotel is that it made our expectations so high we were at least somewhat disappointed with everything that came after, and we stayed in mostly great hotels! Feel free to PM me for more details but don't even bother looking for anywhere else to stay in Hanoi, this is it!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank McKay K
Reviewed 18 November 2009

i stayed in a triple room and it's very spacious. We had a king size bed and a single bed.
I'm surprised that they even provided a fridge in the room.

The only complain I have would be there is no lift/elevator in this hotel. I was given the the last room on the highest floor (6th floor). We really went out of breath by the time we reach our room.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank wpdhing
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Booked this hotel at the airport when we arrived and it definitely exceed expectations. Great value for money and ideal for those traveling with children. My husband and I were with our 4 year old and were conveniently located on the first floor in a HUGE spotless family sized room complete with firm, comfortable beds, our own internet access and en-suite shower room. If you don't mind climbing stairs, the rooms are adequate on the higher floors (as we started off on the 4th floor). The staff are very friendly and accommodating -thank you May and Twee!! Breakfast is scrumptious and included in the price. Great accessible location for people watching and all the major attractions.