Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshalong bayold quartersuperior roomrising dragonair conditionerrooms are cleansister hotelstreet noisehoan kiem lakesmall hotelnight markettourcuacruisetransferbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We found this hotel in tripadvisor and we started email the hotel regarding the room rates and suggested packages for our group of 5 people. The person who deal with me was the sales manager-miss jenny. She is very kind and friendly. She willing to answer and reply each of my questions through email. This kind of good service make me cant wait for my hanoi trip before i reach hanoi.

The hotel suggested the tour for us as we demand on budget tour. After all, we booked 3nites2days Sapa tour and 1 day halong bay tour. We only get to stay one night at hanoi serenity hotel.

As others traveller comment, the staff are really really really friendly. They would help out each and every things as they could. They would just treat u like their family members. Giving you the warmest welcome,helps,advice and etc etc.

This was my very 1st time visit to a foreign country which has a different spoken and written language as my own country. However,with the help of the staff, it make our 1st time trip wonderfull and worthable.

Agains, thanks to all the hanoi serenity staff. You guys are the best ever!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Stayed at Serenity for 2 nights Nov 19th-20th 2010. with my boyfriend. V

Mr Son gave us a warm welcome and even upgraded our room to the 'VIP' room for the duration of our stay. (usually $25)

The room was HUGE, biggest bed i have ever seen! Large LCD TV, laptop in room, lovely hot shower and spotless. (they have daily room service - which is rare for $20)

Mr Son and his team were really helpful with our last minute trip to Halong Bay also, calling around all the tours until we were booked on one.

He also upgraded us further to the Serentiy's brand new sister boutique hotel 'Spring II' as a birthday gift and charged us only $20 for the usually $45 room, accompanying us in a taxi to the hotel and arranging flowers for my arrival.

I cannot speak more highly of this hotel. Its a fantastic budget option in the old quarter and the service gets 5 stars from me.

Thank you Mr Son! We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Serenity in August. Really top notch staff and the nicest place we stayed over the course of our trip, not to mention the lowest price of the bunch. The staff made great breakfast, had bottled water and coffee available throughout the day, and made good advice for places to eat, visit, and travel.

All of the tours they recommended were very professional. Some tours can be a bit kitchy, somewhat long drives for not a lot of time at the destination. With that said, I felt like the tours that we saw were all very professional and got us there in a timely fashion, showed us exactly what they promised, and I never felt in any way bilked or overcharged. This hotel really cares about the service they provide, and it becomes very apparent in what they recommend and how they treat their guests.

If you are traveling to Vietnam, Hanoi is one of my favorite cities, and the Hotel Serenity is my favorite hotel in this charming country.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed at the Sernity for 7 nights in a standard room which was located on the third floor - and were very relieved that we wer'nt any higher because the stairs are a bit of a hike! If you are not particularly fit or have any health issues then be sure to request a low floor at the point of booking because those stairs sure are steep!

The room itself was good value for money;- we had a kettle, television with cable channels, free wifi and aircon - everything you could really want. It was a bit on the small side (quite common in Vietnam) and had no window but, as I said, great value for the 12.50 British Pounds that we paid.

What really made the Serenity special was the staff - they were always smiling, eager to help and really friendly. Mr Son (manager) has a great team around him and they are more like a family than co-workers. We felt very relaxed and 'at home' in their company - which is the biggest compliment that I can give! Mr Son was absolutely brilliant as well - a real gem.

The staff booked us a trip to Sapa and stored our luggage when we were away. We were escorted to the train station and shown to our cabin by one of their staff - perfect customer service.

We were booked into the Serenity for a further two days upon our return and were delighted to find that Mr Son had upgraded us to a sister-hotel (Red Dragon 3) and that for the same 12.50 GBP, we had a beautiful suite complete with lounge, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. This was above and beyond what we could have ever expected.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Serenity as the FIRST choice hotel in Hanoi and I only hope that we will have the opportunity to visit them again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purpleborange
Reviewed 12 November 2010

A great little place to stay in a great location. The staff are really friendly and obliging. The rooms are clean and tidy - we were upgraded both nights we stayed. The staff organised our trip to Halong Bay and were happy to store our luggage (including laptop) for the night that we were away. Breakfast was simple yet delicious. At $20 USD a night, this place is great value for money. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a simple, clean and cheap room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple