“Best hotel I had in Vietnam - superior service, great rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Serenity Hotel

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Ranked #70 of 557 Hanoi B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Best hotel I had in Vietnam - superior service, great rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Like most of the rest of the reviewers, I was impressed with the service here. The staff was friendly and helpful, and really made me feel at home. I stayed here four separate times, coming and going from Hanoi on various side trips, and it felt great to be welcomed back like a member of a family each time I returned. I had 3 different rooms, and they were all very comfortable and clean. Great Englsh TV selections, a fridge, fairly quiet location (for Hanoi). This is the only hotel I would stay at in Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ststephen33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

They really looked after us at this guesthouse. The rooms were very clean and the staff were superb. Top value for money. We arranged a trip to Halong Bay through the hotel which was also excellent.
We had complementary pc in the room with internet, free breakfast and wifi throughout the building so we could use our iphones too.
Staff offered advice on restaurants, attractions and arranged taxis with very fair rates.
I think we paid about £13 a night and it was amazing value.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed there with 3 friends recently and cannot recommend this place enough.
The owner Son and his staff were fantastic and constantly went out of their way to make the stay and good as possible. They booked our trip to Halong Bay and our night train to Hue, and at less than the standard price. Everything was done perfectly and left us to just enjoy the crazy city that is Hanoi. Their recommended restaurants were also top notch.

The room we were in was spacious, comfotable, clean and had it's own PC (triple room). There were also pc's in reception for free internet use. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel.

In all, this is a budget hotel, in a great location, and it gives comfort and service well beyond what you'd expect for the price.

1 Thank leemwarren
Herts, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

We booked The Serenity Hotel because of all the good reviews we had seen on tripadvisor and were not disappointed.

We stayed there for a total of 8 nights at various times during November and when we arrived back early from trips and had not booked with them they arranged for us to stay at The Rising Dragon III one night and The Leo Hotel another night. Each time organising a taxi and a member of staff to move our luggage.

The rooms are clean, spacious and have TV, air con and Wi-Fi. Another real plus is the coffee and tea on tap all day in the dining area. This was the only hotel that offered this and was great after a mad day out in Hanoi to come back and have a coffee and chat with the staff.

I cannot recommend The Serenity Hotel highly enough, Son, Huyen, Korean Boy and the rest of the team made our stay a very special one. They were always really happy and helpful and even organised a cooking lesson and meal with all the staff on our last night, which was a very memorable one.

We stayed at lots of different budget hotels in Vietnam during our 3 week stay and can honestly say that this was the best.

Thanks to all the staff you do a brilliant job – Angela, Linda and Colin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

We found this hotel in tripadvisor and we started email the hotel regarding the room rates and suggested packages for our group of 5 people. The person who deal with me was the sales manager-miss jenny. She is very kind and friendly. She willing to answer and reply each of my questions through email. This kind of good service make me cant wait for my hanoi trip before i reach hanoi.

The hotel suggested the tour for us as we demand on budget tour. After all, we booked 3nites2days Sapa tour and 1 day halong bay tour. We only get to stay one night at hanoi serenity hotel.

As others traveller comment, the staff are really really really friendly. They would help out each and every things as they could. They would just treat u like their family members. Giving you the warmest welcome,helps,advice and etc etc.

This was my very 1st time visit to a foreign country which has a different spoken and written language as my own country. However,with the help of the staff, it make our 1st time trip wonderfull and worthable.

Agains, thanks to all the hanoi serenity staff. You guys are the best ever!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

Stayed at Serenity for 2 nights Nov 19th-20th 2010. with my boyfriend. V

Mr Son gave us a warm welcome and even upgraded our room to the 'VIP' room for the duration of our stay. (usually $25)

The room was HUGE, biggest bed i have ever seen! Large LCD TV, laptop in room, lovely hot shower and spotless. (they have daily room service - which is rare for $20)

Mr Son and his team were really helpful with our last minute trip to Halong Bay also, calling around all the tours until we were booked on one.

He also upgraded us further to the Serentiy's brand new sister boutique hotel 'Spring II' as a birthday gift and charged us only $20 for the usually $45 room, accompanying us in a taxi to the hotel and arranging flowers for my arrival.

I cannot speak more highly of this hotel. Its a fantastic budget option in the old quarter and the service gets 5 stars from me.

Thank you Mr Son! We will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Serenity in August. Really top notch staff and the nicest place we stayed over the course of our trip, not to mention the lowest price of the bunch. The staff made great breakfast, had bottled water and coffee available throughout the day, and made good advice for places to eat, visit, and travel.

All of the tours they recommended were very professional. Some tours can be a bit kitchy, somewhat long drives for not a lot of time at the destination. With that said, I felt like the tours that we saw were all very professional and got us there in a timely fashion, showed us exactly what they promised, and I never felt in any way bilked or overcharged. This hotel really cares about the service they provide, and it becomes very apparent in what they recommend and how they treat their guests.

If you are traveling to Vietnam, Hanoi is one of my favorite cities, and the Hotel Serenity is my favorite hotel in this charming country.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends