“Great time in Phoenix2”

Ranked #176 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Penang
“Great time in Phoenix2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

I booked this hotel because my friends stayed to recemmend,this is mini hotel so it is not fit with high budget tourist ,especially location is inside a lane not easy to find but with me ,a backpacker so it is fit with me ,i stayed here total 4 nights ,2 nights before trip to Halong and 2 nights after that. i felt very happy to stay here,the staff is very friendly ,gave me a map and told me detail information around area and how to get back hotel the easiest way ,breakfast with many options to ready to you in the morning,there is one table with tea and coffee available all day ,free internet sometime slow but usable
I booked halong bay trip with them It is very great trip at cheap price so it was a great time to stay here

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

Oh my god! Run the other way. Their website makes this place look great, amazing what a good lens can do. This is the hotel that made me question the whole TripAdvisor concept. People actually rate this place well…I don’t get it. We only stayed one of the three nights we were supposed to then moved to Gia Thinh

Pros
· Friendly staff, very helpful even with all the havoc their hotel caused us
· Two free internet stations
· Did arrange a very luxurious Ha Long Bay cruise on the Hanoi Opera junk
· On a very quiet alleyway with no car traffic

Cons
· Did not honor our reservation. We booked 5 rooms, they only had 3 and sent some of us next door to the Indochina Queen Hotel (did not review). I was not impressed with the rooms there until I saw the rooms at Hanoi Phoenix then I was glad I was moved.
· 6 floors, no elevator
· rooms smelled bad
· laundry (ie towels) spilling onto the stairs, very messy in general
· quietly billed as gay owned or gay friendly…no gay person I know would be comfortable here

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

Great service, and my compliments as this is how a hotel should run. Thank you Tony and all for the great breakfast, the tours booked from the hotel to Halong bay were fantastic and very reasonable, the room was clean, and nice bed sheets, and great location - close to everything. It is on a small side street and some drivers/taxi's did not know where it was, so carry the hotel map for guidance. Cost of this hotel is very reasonable in old town Hanoi, and my only comment would be no elevator, stairs to reach room, but lots of help with bags,
Great place to stay

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2010

We stayed here for 4 night in total and booked trips to Sapa and Halong Bay with them. Trips were fine. The hotel is a great value for money, rooms are nice (1 better than the other), breakfast is nice and the staff is very helpfull and friendly. Also great location. Would really recommend Phoenix 2.

• Stayed December 2009
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

We booked this hotel 4 nights through Expedia .The hotel was really clean and cheap ,located in the center Hanoi old quarter just few munites walking to the lake .There's a travel desk in the hotel that can help you with all information around area for free.The staff was great and really helpful free internet ,tea,coffee plus

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Venice
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

For this price this is a very good hotel, staff is very friendly and helpful, rooms are very clean, position is in the heart of the old quarter. They also have travel agency services, like most hotels in this area. Good choice for mid-budget hotel.

Cons: no lift, and the quietest rooms are on the upper floors (I was on the 6th floor), so you have to climb the mountain!
At early morning, about 7 am, there are some speakers (from the governement, telling basic infos like don't park there and so on) for about 1h. I heard that in all the old quarter you have this problem.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Alberty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

I booked Hanoi Phoenix 2 hotel via phone when I was in Ho Chi Minh City. In fact, he makes me so impress because of his English, almost like native speaker, not Vietnamese. But I am even more impressive when I was at hotel. All staff,security,receptionist,chef,house keeping at this hotel can speak English so well. I don't think they can do too professionally like that.
I travel with my wife,and two daughter,1 is 3 and another is 5.hotel like my home,every one takes care of them.my second daughter laughed alot. She seemed to miss Hanoi Phoenix 2hotel when we left. It is more conivenient if you want to do anything with hotel. There are alot of travel agents near by hotel but I highly recommend you that you should talk with hotel staff,they can do it all for you,and you never have to think about any problem which might be happened during your trip.They also help me to book Flight ticket to Hue,It is even cheaper than I checked on Vietnam airlines website.I will suggest you stay at Hanoi Phoenix 2 hotel if you have small budget with no doubt.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family