“If you need a roomy room...”

Prince 1 Hotel Hanoi
Ranked #302 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
China
“If you need a roomy room...”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Travelling with an active teenager, we desperately needed a roomy room. Fortunately, Hanoi Prince 1 Hotel provided it within our budget. The room called "Family Room" is located in façade of the hotel building hence it comes with large windows and small veranda. The room size was what almost two small rooms put together (but the room charge wasn't double). Bathroom even has a clean bathtub.

Hotel staffs were helpful but not too friendly, yet not too businesslike, exactly what we needed. They moderately treated us with a sip of red wine in the evening of Christmas Eve, which gave us an extra festive mood. It was nice feeling.

Don't expect much on the breakfast. That's -1 (deduct one rate).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
  • Vietnamese first
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 July 2013

That is the first time we visited VIETNAM, so I worry my trip. because I did not have much information about Vietnam, my friend gave me a piece of advice ( he visit Vietnam 2 times). he tolk if I visit Hanoi you can choose Prince 1 hotel so I acted on advice. I was suprised!
They send a private car pick me up from airport with warm welcome. hotel with chinese decorate very nice , hotel's staff is fantastic service , they gave me best advice when I visite Hanoi, my room on 5th floor with nice view, quiet and clean every day. breakfast was good . I like "pho" with little lemon and little chilli.
there is a Sinh cafe tour's office in hotel help me organize tour to Halong bay, Sapa and perfume pagoda cheap and good quality.
oh! one more thing . Vietnamese coffee very good. I drink every day at prince hotel ( they gave me free of charge).

Room Tip: good room and nice view on hight floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
SaPa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The place have a bygone era charm, that makes it a special and comfortable stay in a hectic, hot city. A shelter away from the noise.
The rooms that are close to the steet are bigger but louder, and the rooms on the other side are MUCH quieter though smaller.
there is no alevator, so its better to have a room on a lower floor.
This affordable rooms are clean, and the staff clean it every day, change towels, and add toilet paper.
hot water,TV, laundry, A/C, big comfortable beds, and an optional breakfast.
But the most amazing thing is the hotel manager who goes out of his way to help in any way that he can.

paz y amor
Tim & Tal

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Talita268
Province of Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Prince hotel is in a really good location, right in the middle of the old quarter near loads of shops and places to eat around it. We turned up and were told that our room would cost $18 or 378,000 dong.

Rooms were fairly spacious, with nice furniture (although the double bed was actually two singles pushed together), and were cleaned every day. Breakfast was included and wasn't that great. There was one guy who was incredibly smiley and helpful who was usually there in the evenings - he gave us lots of advice and was very friendly with great english.
We were very happy with the value of this hotel until we came to check out and were told that the two small bags of laundry we had done weighed 5.5 kilos (absolutely no way, as my boyfriends entire bag with all his other clothes and toiletries etc weighed 6!) and that taxes (10%) were not included in the price (neither was the small bottle of water in the room that we presumed would be complimentary). We weren't happy with this at all but the guy who was dealing with us spoke no English so we had to leave it.

This is a good value hotel but customers never appreciate being ripped off, and next time I would look for somewhere else. Turned a nice experience a little sour.

• Stayed June 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stay at Prince 1 hotel for 2 nights , room clean and comfortable ,good shower, good location close from Hoan kiem lake , very close from beer conner , street in front of hotel was busy and funny , hotel's staff friendly and they help me every time when i need. They oragrize tour to Halong bay and sapa. We love prince 1 hotel. Vote for prince 1 hotel

Room Tip: Nice room for couple on back side , if you a big family i think you choose the room on the front sid...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smith a a
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 October 2012

my wife and i was just 1 night stayed, friendly staffs, they are alway smilling and helpfull , my room was chinese furnitures . i can drink Vietnamese coffee every time. hotel was located in central old quarter. my wife is very happy. we will come back this hotel in next time. recomment this hotel for every ones.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john v
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Staff was excellent, very pleasant and very helpfull. Breakfast is included. They gave us good advice about the halong bay, even tough we did not book the tour with them, they did not get upset and kept very professionnal. Room was nice and clean.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple