“First Time At The Golden Lotus Hotel”

Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #208 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Having spent the last couple of years visiting Hanoi regularly and staying at a few different Hotels, it was an absolute pleasure to find the Golden Lotus. It is well located for the area of Hanoi that I enjoy, the Staff are very friendly and helpful, a good breakfast is served in the downstairs restaurant and the Sky Bar has a good view of the nearby lake.
We stayed in room 777 which we had requested especially and it lives up to its reputation as the most romantic room of the hotel. The terrace with water feature and Bonzai's makes it that bit more special.
Recommend the Golden lotus without hesitation.
Stayed in August and going back in October

Room Tip: If your a couple who like romance then request 777, it just has that feeling.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I booked this hotel based on a lonely planet and was surprised at how nice it was. I know that I could have stayed cheaper in Hanoi but the Golden Lotus was in a great location and had beautiful rooms. The lobby is ok, but the rooms are elegantly decorated and the bed was comfortable. Everything was clean and breakfast was delicious, I think I had Pho for breakfast every morning but did not get sick of it. The added benefit to the hotel was its location right in the middle of everything you want to visit. The farthest point of interest was probably Ho Chi Min's Mausoleum, but could be walked on a nice day otherwise a pretty cheap cab ride.

Room Tip: A room on a higher level will let you get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alopezbarton
GoldenLotusHotel, Manager at Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you very much for spending time to share our hotel to the viewer of Tripadvisor.com
I highly appriceciate your evaluation! Hopefully we could serve you better next trip to Hanoi.
I strongly believe that, next time if you write other reivew on us, it must be excellent!
Good luck to you and see you soon.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2011

We had a week in hanoi and we stayed at Golden Lotus Hotel. Great location, great food, the furniture and decor are also beautiful. This is a boutique hotel so it has more character than most, whilst still being affordable and modern. A room at the front will give you a lovely balcony - the street noise being the flip side of course. The hotel is a short walk from Hoan Kiem Lake, so it's a perfect place for visitors to base themselves whilst experiencing Hanoi's unique charms.

Toshiaki (Tokyo)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1N/2Days. The staff is very courteous and helpful, they give you correct and precise information. The service is nice and decent.

The rooms are clean and well kept with nice decorative touch to them (I slept well....:D).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

Dear my distinguished guest,
I am very happy when you have so good words for my staff but we think that we will try more to satisfy you next time with us. I do hope that, you will recommend our hotel to your friends and relatives. We are always welcome you back.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This place was recommended to us by a friend and it was a little gem. We had a balcony room that overlooked Hang Trong and it was very comfortable and very reasonably priced. The staff here were great: helpful and attentive to our needs and nothing was too much trouble. They stored our luggage for us while we went on an overnight trip and these were back in the new room as soon as we checked back in. The breakfast had a very tasty pho soup and there was a variety of choice of food which was very well presented. It is in a great location and is in easy reach of the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake. The thing that we really loved was that we were able to check in at a very early hour of the morning when our train came in from Sapa which meant that we didn't have to spend hours on the street waiting for things to open and were able to get a couple of hours sleep to top up from the overnight train. We loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good, but the ones at the front are the most spacious
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
GoldenLotusHotel, Manager at Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear Mike,
Thanks for spending time for us on tripadvisor.com
We hope that Golden Lotus Hotel will be your second home in Hanoi.
We would like to welcome you again as our family member.
Have a good time in Vietnam and we are here waiting for you come back.
wish you all the best!
Bui Xuan Phuong

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I recently had a friend arrive in hanoi from overseas and saked me to find a suitable hotel.
I spent several saturady mornings looking at Hotels and rooms and settled on the Golden Lotus initially because of the rooms and bathroom facilities, but also for how the staff had responded to our requests.
During our stay there the satff were excellent and the rooms offered a great place to recoup after a day in Hanoi.
Several days after we had left we realised we had left something in the room, we went back spoke to the desk staff and when we came back the item was there to collect.
I would have no hestitation in recommeding thios hotel to any of my friends that travel through hanoi.
Its ideally located as well

Room Tip: Take a room back from the street, absolute silence
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
GoldenLotusHotel, Manager at Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Dear Neol,
I recieved your feedback letter. I am very happy to know that my staff at the hotel satisfied you and your friend.
and here, you spent time for us to write a review.
I promise you that I will inform this one to them and remind them to maintain and improve services better day by day. We always try our best to meet the demand from clients.
We wish to welcome you again at our hotel.
all in all, I want to say thank you very much for your support us. wish you all the best!
Bui Xuan Phuong

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I have stayed at Golden Lotus many times over the years - to me it is an ideal hotel, for the following reasons:
1. Location - in the Old Town, so the heart of Hanoi; a one-minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake; lots of bars and restaurants nearby
2. Good rooms - all the rooms are tastefully decorated and the fittings are quality and so reliable; the walls are also not paper-thin as in many similar hotels
3. Friendly staff - firstly, you see the same faces from year to year, unlike some hotels which seem to have a completely new staff on each visit; and they are all genuinely friendly and always willing to help

All-in-all, of all the hotels I stay in on my business trips around Asia, Golden Lotus is the one I most look forward to returning to
TB

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
GoldenLotusHotel, Front Office Manager at Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Dear Timothy,
We would like to express my sincere thanks to you. Such a busy Businessman like you but you still spend time to write an excellent for us on tripadvisor.
We do hope that with your recommendation, other businessman will have a new choice for them on their business trip in Hanoi.
Auturm is come with Hanoi. it is very good weather now to welcome you back.
We pray for your good business and health.
We are looking forward to seeing you in next business trip in Hanoi
Take care,