“Thanks “Hanoi Capital Travel ” recommend great hotel”

Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #210 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Friend of my recommend some 5 star hotel but they are not available on my prior stay, my friend tell me contact the travel agent as my friend had wonderful trip, recommend hotel to stay so we know Golden Lotus Hotel. Hotel it very centrally Location, Staff are friendly, very tidy room with king size bed and fresh fruits were serve everyday in the room, big buffet breakfast also from early morning 6:30 am I liked because we have to take the Ha Long trip also very early too. Ha long bay was very beautiful and you want to enjoy more of your trip just looking for Hanoi Capital Travel nearby. We did the trip 2d/1n overnight on Cruise. The cabin on cruise as very comfort bed, outstanding ocean view, modern amenities and nice decoration. We had a good seafood lunch and dinner on cruise too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank reddick b

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Our booking was mucked up so we didn't get the two room types requested, the baths don't fit the surround and always seemed to leak onto floor. Staff service was excellent - friendly and professional. Nicely appointed rooms but perhaps some details overlooked like windows that don't close properly - preferable in a city that rises early and loves horns.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our 5 days trip in Hanoi and we loved it. This hotel is centrally located to all the things we wanted to visit, for a great value. We love to take our nightly walk along Hoan Kiem lake and visit the markets during the days. Ha Noi is a bustling city during the day, but seems to take a quieter back step at night to yield for a more airy and romantic feel. We were there in late January, and the Spring weather is peaking through damp wet weather. We always look forward to go back to our room at night. The morning sound of propaganda on the street's radio is quite amusing we find - educating the mass to think and be.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

15 (all immediate family members) had arrived from Singapore (transit from Johore) dated 6th Dec 2013 to Golden Lotus Hotel (Hanoi) by VN (tour to Halongbay and Hanoi). After we had our dinner, checked in to the hotel and prepared for the next day tour to Halongbay. Just as we were boiling water to make milk for the baby,without realising the boiling kettle had toppled on the baby. We got panicked and asked for assistance at Reception Counter. We are lucky on that day there are an English speaking staff, Mr Duyl whom came to our rescue. He took the initiative to render his exemplary service by accompanying us to the hospital. Without his kind assistance we would certainly be lost due to communication issues. We would like to extend our deepest thanks to all the relevant parties and personnel that had made our trip a short but memorable one !

Room Tip: Recommended three person in a room. Spacious and large room. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed our first 2 nights in Vietnam at Golden Lotus Hotel and the room was lovely and spacious. It was great value for the budget we were on. The staff were very welcoming and attentive as soon as we arrived and recommended the good local places to eat and visit. We came back for a 3rd night one early morning after an overnight train from Sapa and we were very tired and were lucky enough to get an early check in to a great room for no additional cost! Also, the location of the hotel is perfect. The street it is situated on is not too busy and it is a short walk from the lake and all the tourist destinations while still having easy access to all the local places if you are looking for the experience. Overall, we loved this hotel and it really set the standard for every hotel we stayed at afterwards! I recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Firstly, when I arrived at golden lotus at 2pm, check in time, there was no one at the front desk and a bag boy who spoke no English had to call the reception girl who came running in from outside 10 minutes later.

I was then checked in to a room the size of a shoe box, there were leaves on the floor and white water marks, from shampoo or soap, all over the shower floor.

I then decided to order room service which took over half an hour for food I did not eat. They then forgot my drink which took another half an hour to be sent to my room. And I had to call room service 4 times until someone answered.

When I was checking out I still nicely went to thank them for my stay yet the lady was to busy saying good bye to a group of older adults and just waved me off rudely.

Overall an unpleasant experience. The service, cleanliness, organization and experience was poor.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Rdbee
GoldenLotusHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Lotus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Valued customer!
Firstly, thank you very much for spending time posting your reviews on Tripadvisor. On behalf of Golden Lotus hotel, i am terribly sorry for what you experienced during your stay with us. Actually our hotel also very upset and feel regretful because we always focus on best services and satisfaction to serve customers. However your review will help us to take experience and improve our services.
Be sure that when you posted your review, we already had meeting with relating departments to transfer your ideas and solutions to enhance our hotel services.
I do hope that these bad memories will be faded in your mind soon and look forward to having chances to serve you again. Once again, sorry to you and best regards!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in Hanoi at the Golden Lotus and loved the 3 days I stayed there .. on my 3rd day in Hanoi I had the misfortune to lose my money and my mobile phone so I was a little distraught ..went back to the hotel and the staff assisted me as much as they could ..a special thanks to the lovely lady ( who's expecting ) who helped out and hopefully the little gift I gave to her upcoming baby will give a lot of delight.
Lovely breakfast and wonderful staff and great location made for a lovely time in Vietnam.
Would highly recommend any one to stay there .

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size but all in all they're all marvellously clean and tastefully decorated
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo