“Scamming -double charging”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Centre 1 Hotel
Ranked #500 of 595 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Enquired abut visa services and was quoted double our own hotels. Dropped laundry off & was charged $2 kg - sign out front said $1 kg. paid money and no change given. The unfriendly guy @ reception demanded we pay immediate - we did. On collection he demanded we pay again, of course I did not. Met a guy in reception & he mentioned the older reception guy not nice. I would not recommend doing any business with such scheming dodgy persons.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Centre 1 Hotel

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Positive Points:
- Welcoming staff who were always smiling
- Gave us a map and pointed out tourist locations
- Good breakfast selection and amount
- Watched over our bags when we went on excursions
- Free Wifi and computers available
- Laundry service available (cheap rate)
- Arranged for taxi service to the airport
- When we were unhappy with our Halong Bay Tour, they arranged a meeting with the manager of Fantasea Adventures.
- 2 minute walk to Hoan Kiem lake promenade

Staying at this hotel made our first-time experience in Hanoi wonderful! We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

That was the best room I ever had so far!

For great location, air conditioned room, nice bathroom and good service, USD 7 is a crazy offer (although the room is on fifth floor, way up there). Originally she offered USD 8 but when I decided to go elsewhere she decided to bargain for it.

When I needed internet connection, which is the part of the cost, the owner actually fixed a WiFi modem right in my room! I've never seen such effort before.

The laundry done was good too! Definitely would recommend the place :-D

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 2 February 2011

The rooms were nice but the morning of the TET we had a knock on the door at 10 AM and the women told us we had to leave so she could see her family. Understandable but maybe she should let people know this before they unpack there things and plan on staying a few nights. She told us that she would take us to another place down the road for the same price of $10 a night. We arrived in the new place and were told that the room needed to be cleaned but we could wait in the lobby. When the room was ready it was nothing like the first place and oh ya it $15 a night. We told them no thankyou and would find another place but still quite annoying!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merryhempster
Reviewed 15 September 2010

party inthe lobby... sleep if you need... comfy beds... great service... fair prices... GREAT PEOPLE! will help you with anything yo need in hanoi!... all around best fun in town. party on ppl... party on. hotel is nice and hospitable. great fun... come here for a day or stay for a week... nothing but great people to get you where you need to go... or what you want to do for a trip. best prices... best quality service in a country that thrives on taking advantage of tourists... they will not mess around... they know how to work the system... they know how to get the best price for anything... just ask.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank dustin293924
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Whey picked us up from the bus, we saw the room and wanted to stay. It is a large, clean room with air con, a fridge, the comfiest bed I've had in 4 months and a TV. King was really friendly and we even went out drinking with him after he finished work. We had a great time. The bath room was good - it was clean and had everything we needed. We booked two trips with them and they were both amazing. We had received the cheapest price out of everyone on one of our trips by $4. I am also using them for my bus to Laos and he showed me all the options and gave me a good discount on prices, hassle free. I would definitely recommend staying here. Joe, England

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank joetravel101
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I stayed here and I just take 6 minutes to walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. He he, near by Night market to. The room is ok with my budget : 13$/night. ^^

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends