“Well I loved all the soviet aircraft outside but they wouldn't let me in”

Vietnamese Air Force Museum
Ranked #67 of 278 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum costs about $10 U.S. round trip there and back from the Old Quarter and is located on the southern outskirts of the city. It's run by the Vietnamese military. Inside is a front section of a jet fighter where one can climb in and have a friend take his photo. Outside are numerous pieces of military equipment. There's an abundance of MIGs, helicopters, army trucks, radar, artillery pieces, tanks, etc. For someone who enjoys military memorabilia, this is the place for them. Much of the equipment was given to the Vietnamese by the USSR and one piece even came to them from the Germans by way of the Soviets. One of the pieces is a huge helicopter in back. There's also the wreckage of an American jet aircraft from a carrier. I thought the Army Museum had a lot of military equipment in it but this beats that one by a long shot.
499 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 390 helpful votes
“Well I loved all the soviet aircraft outside but they wouldn't let me in”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It was supposed to be open and it looked open but the guards wouldn't let me in. My father's a pilot and I was looking forward to my first look at soviet warplanes. I still got a good look at them through the fence and a lot if photos. Some shot-down american planes too.

• Finnish first