“High Value hotel! Great staff and rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Silver Hotel

Hanoi Silver Hotel
Ranked #458 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Manila, Philippines
“High Value hotel! Great staff and rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed for 7 days in November. Location was perfect with a short and enjoyable 10 minute walk to the Old Quarter. Free wi-fi in the rooms and lobby. Although the room reception was spotty and I couldn't get the hardline connection in the room to work. They had 2 computers connected to the internet (decent bandwidth) for visitors to use any time of the day. Only one elevator. Hotel was occupied mostly by business travelers. Food options in the hotel are limited. Only tried their buffet breakfast (western and Vietnamese cuisine) twice. Lots of food establishments nearby to compensate. Room was very beautiful and clean with rainforest shower and 2 person jacuzzi. Bring a pair of rubber slippers as the bathroom floor will get very wet whenever you use the shower. Just had to get used to the panoramic glass partition between bathroom and bedroom. The staff was very friendly and service was prompt. I misplaced an item which housekeeping found and turned over to the front desk. Very honest staff. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast coffee on the balcony overlooking the street. Very much recommended, high on value at 55USD per night and I will definitely return to the Silver.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose the rooms facing the street! They cost more but are very much worth the cost. Fr...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Having walked for what seemed like hours trying to find somewhere to stay in Hanoi we finally happened upon this place based on its appearance in the reception area which is nice.
Quite competitively priced providing you are willing to book a few nights AND book your trips through the reception otherwise expect to pay around US$20 per night for a double room.
We checked the room before like you do and at first, very quick glance, its seemed ok. However once we were checked and settling in the fun started.
Firstly the towel rail falls off the wall, then we look at the bed sheets which were dirty and cigarette burns - any when asked if they would give us new sheets they simply re-made the bed with the same ones!
May as well have slept on the floor as the mattress was about as soft.
All in all - dont bother - there are plenty of other places to try.

I will say though the breakfast is ok and if you get there a bit late and all the food has gone they will make you up some fresh food.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dan H

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

I was 6 days in Hanoi I book the Hanoi Silver hotel and since the first day I felt at home. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. First I stayed 5 days and I went to Sa Pa for 2 days I left my belongings , my money and passport in the Hotel safe while I was in Sa Pa without charge. The day I came from Sa Pa they give me a nice room but the air conditioned did not worked well so they changed me for other room. The breakfast was excellent with western and Vietnamese food. The day I came back with 2 friends from Sa Pa and late afternoon their plain leaves. The hotel let my friends to have a shower and have breakfast for free no charge at all. The Hotel is located in the old quarter close to everything, walking distance to the lake, water Puppets Theater and great local restaurants. The rooms are comfortable, with air conditioner, minibar and great shower. In the lobby are 2 computers available. I really have a great time at the Hotel and I am very happy I chosen Hanoi Silver Hotel because they make real feel at home and the value for the price. There are many similar hotels around but I am not sure about the service and the value. Thanks for a fabulous experience in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Hvar Island, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is very nice hotel in the center town, from where we can go everywhere by foot.
The staff is great, very kind, and helpfull, rates are reasonable, and we where happy to find it. We also booked there a trip to Halong bay, and Tam Coc, and it was uncredible.
Absolutely recomended!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a review for the one at 88 Hang Bac near Hoan Kiem Lake. We stayed here for 3 nights, got a big room with a balcony on the 4th floor. Inevitably all kinds of noises from the street enter the room, but it was worth it and I would recommend anyone staying at this hotel to take a large room with a window.
Everyone working here was nice to us and are service-minded, though not all of them speak English. The room was very comfortable, though the bathroom was a bit old. We also loved the breakfast, but it is recommended that you should wake up early for breakfast because food runs out quickly - they prepare additions of course but on a busy day you will not want to wait. They sell tours here and we bought a half-day city tour which was okay. They were not very pushy as other reviewers said.
I give five stars because of the good experience of our stay. We left the hotel feeling very well taken care of.

Room Tip: Take any room with a balcony if you want fresh air.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Got a downstairs room for just $12 (opted out of $3 for breakfast). Good job we did, as the only day we did get up for breakfast willing to pay the extra all they had was bread. And coffee. Got that free actually. shhhhhh

Pushy pushy for us to book halong bay/ sapa with them. I must say though, their prices seem to beat everyone else. I would recommend booking tours through them.

Got back from halong bay (we had requested our room again, even though it had no windows and stunk of sewage and random flies about) they didn't have it so offered us a POSH room for the same dollar. OH YES, bathtub and everything. Told them we were most likely to stay 2 nights.....

Went out the next day, came back to our room about 1.30pm (expected to stay in the posh room, noone had said anything like we had to leave pay the usual price) then got a phonecall to tell us we had to leave (she couldn't speak english like the other staff) she asked us if we would like to go to sapa instead.... um no thanks love.

Went down, both me and her moody. didn't offer me another room. Goodbye. cheers

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wizardoro
Hoi An
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 3 seperate occasions and kept coming back because I was looked aftwer so well.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, hotel location in "old quarter" ideal and the price was cheap.
The most praise goes to the Manager who was really helpful explaning stuff to me even though I hadn't booked anything through his hotel.
Each time I returned to the hotel he gave me cups of tea, offered a room and shower (free), to freshen up "cause I was in and out of Hanoi during the same day twice. The reception staff were friendly and chatty too.

Room Tip: Request a room with a large window - costs more, but worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo