Hanoi Silver Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$51
US$334
US$163
US$119
Agoda.com
Hanoi Graceful Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$31
  • Breakfast included
Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$68
US$64
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was directed to this hotel as a substitute , fortunately only for one night - air conditioning didn't work and staff tried to convince me that this is normal and it should work after 20 minutes (?!).
Room had poorly equipment and for me wasn't clean enough. the bathroom was in a bad state - dirty, with mold and stains. I hope that I will never go back there - I do not recommend!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

I was greeted very nicely upon arrival and check-in was quick. My room was all I could ask for at this price. However, there was some construction going on right outside my door in the hallway. Noisy. Even without the construction, the room located on the ground floor, things got noisy until quite late and from early morning. Not so good.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

Hotel is in good position, has wifi, ac and staff is really polite but the room...our room was so wet and got that wet smell. It was afful. But it was only for one night, so. The bathroom wasnt clean but it had bath, our first in SE Asia.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I booked 2 nights online and got a great deal, however my first night in the hotel wasn't great. There was mould on the wall and underneath the peeling wallpaper, there wasn't a window in the room either. Also at 10pm a loud noise started above the room and continued through the night. The following morning I asked the receptionist if I could change to a quieter room, he said it was fine and gave me a new room key right away. The new room was bigger and had a window, a vast improvement.

The location of the hotel is great as it's in the old quarter, lots of shopping streets nearby. It's also a short 5 minute walk from Hoan Kiem Lake. The breakfast is sufficient although not always ready at 7am, which is when I was told it begins. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed for 7 days in November. Location was perfect with a short and enjoyable 10 minute walk to the Old Quarter. Free wi-fi in the rooms and lobby. Although the room reception was spotty and I couldn't get the hardline connection in the room to work. They had 2 computers connected to the internet (decent bandwidth) for visitors to use any time of the day. Only one elevator. Hotel was occupied mostly by business travelers. Food options in the hotel are limited. Only tried their buffet breakfast (western and Vietnamese cuisine) twice. Lots of food establishments nearby to compensate. Room was very beautiful and clean with rainforest shower and 2 person jacuzzi. Bring a pair of rubber slippers as the bathroom floor will get very wet whenever you use the shower. Just had to get used to the panoramic glass partition between bathroom and bedroom. The staff was very friendly and service was prompt. I misplaced an item which housekeeping found and turned over to the front desk. Very honest staff. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast coffee on the balcony overlooking the street. Very much recommended, high on value at 55USD per night and I will definitely return to the Silver.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose the rooms facing the street! They cost more but are very much worth the cost. From 3rd to 6th floor. The top floor room with the garden balcony would be the best.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business