“absolutly charming describes the hotel and staff.”

Hanoi Charming Hotel
Ranked #115 of 589 Hotels in Hanoi
Bellingen, Australia
“absolutly charming describes the hotel and staff.”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This is a hotel I will refer to others and friends. The staff were so pleasant to be with. They were so helpful with everything were needed to know. The staff were very friendly, they made my wife and myself feel like family during our stay there. We stayed with them for five nights in total from the 8-3-2011 through to the 19-3-2011. So we were back and forwards during this period of time where they organized different trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay for us. The rooms were very clean and new looking, good value for the money. This is a hotel we will stay at again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We have stayed a few nights in this hotel, We did the north of vietnam and always when we come back in Hanoi we stayed here. It was like coming home, The staff, Mr Duc they were so friendly, so nice. The rooms were excellent : nice, clean, whith flat tv and a own computer what is very easy. It was for us the best htel in Hanoi. I give this hotel a 9,5/10

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Where do I begin with this hotel? The staff here are the best I have ever encountered throughout my travels around the world.

They are incredibly polite, and will do anything for you. We turned up at the charming 2 after nearly being scammed from the airport trip, and they arranged for one of the guards to come and pick us up, which straight away made us feel comfortable in a city we weren't familiar with.

Being a typical tourist, expecting hot weather everywhere I turned up without a coat, cue 4 days of solid rain. The manager, Mr Duc, lent me his own coat for the day whilst I went out to buy one. I couldn't thank him enough.

He arranged for our trip to Halong Bay, at a very good price, and the junk boat we stayed on was excellent, the cabins looked exactly like the pictures in the brochure, which you don't see very often.

On the first day we woke up, we were half an hour late getting down for breakfast, and they had stopped serving at 10am, however they offered to make us something. How many places would do that?

I can't rate this hotel highly enough when it comes to service, the four seasons in New York would do well to get some tips from here!!

As far as the rooms go, they were very nice, usual amenities, nice beds, and very clean. Also free wifi (and computer in each room) really helped.

I would recommend anyone to stay here in Hanoi, it's in an excellent location in the old quarter, and the rates for the rooms are fantastic.

Wherever I stay now, I will always compare to this place, as in terms of staff attentiveness, this hotel is second to none.

• Stayed March 2011
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The customer service at this hotel was excellent. Mr Duc and his staff were very polite and couldn't do enough to help. They organised our airport taxis and even rang the next hotel we were staying at to organise a taxi to there. The location is really handy, right in the middle of the old quarter of Hanoi. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We found this Hotel to be our favourite in Vietnam. We walked in were greated by a smile and a friendly receptionist and that set the scene for the rest of our stay.

The hotel staff are all really friendly and went out of their way to help us. The bed and the bathroom were the best we found in all of Vietnam. If your looking for a great hotel for a reasonable price you definately want to stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
phuket
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I found the location very good because it is in the middle of the old city. The best thing was that you could not hear the cars/ motorbikes blowing their hornes.
My room was the standard room. You can call it small but if I look at the location, price, how clean it is, the staff then I think great deal!!
And do not forget that you have free internet AND a pc in your room!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Machida, Japan
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We stayed here only one night before going to Mekong delta. The room was nice with a computer inside in the room which made things easier to plan the rest of the trip. The breakfast was usual with eggs made to order, jusice, fruit, and bread. After Mekong Delta trip we came back to Hanoi to go to Sapa. We returned from Sapa in the morning and had to get a train out that night. We asked to store our bags in the hotel and they had no issue. Keep in mind we only stayed one night and this was now 3 days later. Great service from the hotel that we did not experience anywhere else in Vietnam.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple