“Wonderful place to stay...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hanoi Advisor Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
Ranked #41 of 571 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Knysna, South Africa
“Wonderful place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked for one night at the Advisor Hotel and ended up staying for 6. The rooms were lovely, it was in the most perfect spot and best of all the staff were wonderful. They assisted us in planning our trip to Ha Long Bay, they kept our backpacks for us while we went over night. They arranged bus tickets for us to Hue as well as booking accommodation for us in a fabulous place in Hue. It really was a great pleasure staying there and I will definitely go back. Many many thanks to Advisor Hotel. Highly highly recommended to anyone looking for affordable, great accommodation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gill B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Very decent and perfectly located simple and basic hotel. The rooms are not big but have more then enough space. The bathroom and room (and the whole hotel) are very clean, and the staff (lovely familly) is excellent!!

Always present, always willing to give you a hand, some good advise or to book you a tour, airport transport or call you a cheap taxi.

Although centrally located in the heart of the old quarter, so nice, the rooms are quite! (at least the rooms in the back, no idea about the rooms on the street side) So you can get sleep at night! But step outside and you are in the delightful 'chaos' of the old town!

Only slight negative point was the bed. Spring-mania all over. But beiing honest, beds are never the unique selling point of hotels and guesthouses throughout Asia. ;-)

I recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rogier v
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed here on my own for nearly three weeks. There are two different types of room, the back room with no balcony or window, Or for a little more you can have a room with a window and balcony. I got good sleep in both types of room. The rooms match the pictures here on trip advisor. I would also recommend the airport pickup.

The service and people are what make this hotel, the staff are friendly and welcomed me with a tourist map, they also advised of things not in my tour guide. My friends come to visit me while i stayed in the hotel and we welcomed with tea and coffee.

Breakfast
It was a nice breakfast with several different food options. The baguettes were fresh with very nice jam and better.

For the price i payed this was good value. It is also very near everything in town, so no need for taxis.

Sleep Quality
If you're a very light sleeper i advise you take a room at the back of the property, street noise is a problem all over Hanoi and not limmited to this hotel. I had no problem with a room at the front of the hotel.

Rooms
The rooms and the hotel is very clean. All of the rooms had cable television and luxury double beds. Overall i would highly reccoment this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are very quiet, but they have no balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank The_Albanian_Review
Huy, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I'm a 25 years old student from Belgium. I stayed at this hotel for 2 months (february and march), because I stayed in Hanoi for an internship. The Advisor Hotel has an accurate name and was like a home for me. It has many qualities:

- the staff is very friendly and flexible. They give good advises too,
- great location (in the old quarter, where you can find small shops, restaurants and cafes),
- good price for a good room (clean, fresh painted),
- breakfast (Vietnamese style or westerners style),
- you can book trips in good conditions (Sapa, Ha Long Bai, ...),
- the taxi to the airport they booked for me was just perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marie M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed in the Hanoi Advisor Hotel for a total of 10 days during April.

Being a backpacker, I was looking for something relatively cheap, and after going from one hotel to the next, I stumbled onto The Hanoi Advisor Hotel.

From the minute I got there, owners Thanh and Luan treated me like a friend.

Their advice and eagerness to help with Visa's, purchasing of a motorbike etc saved me a lot of time, money and hassle.

The rooms are clean, equipped with cable TV and aircon, and fresh towels are delivered everyday. I chose a room away from the bustling street which afforded me long, peaceful sleeps.

I would recommend The Hanoi Advisor to any backpacker looking for a comfortable stay in Hanoi.

The owners and there baby girl will be greatly missed, and I wish them all the best for the future!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Wally2012
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very welcoming staff that help us a lot! Rooms are nice but it is in the city center so you can hear all the noise in the morning. I recommend to take earplugs with you:)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cwiartka
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Excellent staff, couldn't be more helpful. Collected us from the train station and organised our fantastic tour of Halong Bay. Even though we had booked the room for four nights they didn't charge us for the two nights we didn't use it when we went to stay on the boat on our tour. Rooms could do with a bit of updating but perfectly clean and the freindly relaxed atmosphere more than made up for it.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple