“Great stay!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
Ranked #47 of 592 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Great stay!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 28 jul to 1 aug 2014. Tq chien roan for the great hospitality give. Thank you so much. My trips to ha long bay, hoa lo and tam coc were properly organised. Love the simple but tasteful breakfast. I will definitely come again to this hotel for my next trip!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jemibandana
HanoiAdvisorHotel, Owner at Hanoi Advisor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Jemi D! How are you? Thank you very much for your staying with us during your time in Hanoi Viet nam our country ,you had your great stay at HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL and fell happy with our service, it is wonderful that you spent for us HANOI ADVOSOR HOTE a realy, realy good review on trip Advisor.com, we are always proud of this we are working and bring to all our guest with good price, good service, one again! thank you so much! Best wishes to you and warmly welcome you to HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL again in the soonest future!
Chien Roan,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Less than 48 hours ago we booked a bus to Halong Bay with this hotel. We were due to travel today (19th July) but we were then advised against travel to the area due to a typhoon warning. We then spoke to the owner of the hotel and asked for a full refund on the ticket, but they refused saying that the bus was still going and that he didnt care about the typhoon. He explained that if we had cancelled 48 hours before we would have been given a full refund. This was impossible as we hadnt booked 48 hours ago and we had no knowledge of the typhoon heading to the area. We asked if he knew about the typhoon heading this way when we booked, to which he would not answer!! After very lengthy negotiations he agreed to refund 50% of the cost but no more.

During the discussions the man did tell us that the bus was hotel owned bus service and that it was not an external bus company that he had to deal with, considering that the hotel is not losing out and that the decision was ultimately down to themselves to refund the full 100%. We find that given the unusual circumstances leading us to cancel them to have been very unfair, unreasonable and unhelpful throughout!

We never stayed in the actual hotel so cannot comment on the accommodation, but would definately think twice about booking tours/bus services with them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Claire D
HanoiAdvisorHotel, Owner at Hanoi Advisor Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Guest! I am Chien Roan Owner HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL Thank you for your feed back,
I would like to tell you that when you come to my hotel you asked us about BUS to ha long
and you just only do bus tickt to HA LONG not package trip, not tour althought I given you some advise what you should do so you decided to booked BUS ticket so we helped you with 8 USD for one person,( you asked me you have 2 persons could be cheaper) at the end on THE TIME Bus runs at last minute you call us for cancelation so BUS company charge you 50% I think Bus company is very kind to you, for any stuation like that they charge you 100% I am sure, if you do our package trip or package tour when typhoon or bad weather happened you could not go we refund you all your deposit but you did YOUR BUS TICKET 2 DAYS BEFOR and it still runs to Ha long every day,
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just returned from staying a week at this place, Rooms are clean and price is good, cheapest rooms available in the old quarter area.Just about a dollar higher than the nearby hanoi backpackers and i got a clean room and private bathroom to myself. and no drunk people in the middle of the night. Most guests here are couples and families and travel groups There is a cute and active kid in the hotel and he is the bundle of joy to the family owned establishment. Loves to play around with guests and adds a whole dimension of fun and family feel to this place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank min-shing
HanoiAdvisorHotel, Owner at Hanoi Advisor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Min Shing! our lovely Guest How are you? we are mising you so much thank you very much for your staying with us we are very happy to serve you during the time you dropped in Ha noi it is so nice that you have written for HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL a very very good review on trip Advisor.com we are always proud of that we hope to well coming you soon again in the future time,
Best wishes to you and your family!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed for 17 nights in february this year, (sorry it took so long to review guys!) at the end of a 10 week trip cycling around south east asia. Everything about this hotel is perfect, the couple who own the hotel, their son and the owners brother are all amazing, so friendly, kind and helpful. I organised both my Sapa and Ha Long Bay trips with them and i got a good deal and everything went smoothly. My stay at Hanoi advisor was one of the highlights of my trip (and i did and saw some pretty cool things), i can't thank them enough for everything they did for me and I will remember the meals i shared with their family forever!

Thank you again my friends and i will see you again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Asher D
HanoiAdvisorHotel, Owner at Hanoi Advisor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Asher D! our lovely Guest How are you? I am Chien R owner of HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL on behalf of our staff thank you very much for staying with us during your time in Viet nam our country, it is wonderful that you had a great time and felt very happy with our service, we are missing you so much my Wife Quynh and my Son Bii want to say " Hello" and " thank you" and Best Wishes to you, you are in our hotel for along time and we fell you are a member of our family, Once again thank you very much for spending your time to write to HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL a very good review on Trip Advisor.com, we are always proud of that every day we are working how to bring to all our valuable Guest with good service and good price,
Warmly welcome you again at HANOI ADVISOR HOTEL on the soonest time in the future,
Best Wishes and Take care !
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I paid about $11 a night for a private room as I wanted to get away from the backpackers dorm experience. It was good for the price, and the owners are very helpful and kind. I was a bit disappointed that the advertised free breakfast and free wifi when I booked it wasn't available....I had to ask for both of these and both didn't happen. The room itself was clean apart from some awful rubbish on top of the cupboard (I think they are a bit too short too see up there !!) Safety and location was good here. However for a small amount more ($6-7 approx.) you can get really nice luxury type hotels nearby. But if you are on a budget this place is fine.....and the managers will help you out with anything, if you ask.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank Elsie S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location was great and the owner and his wife were very kind and helpful. The room was confortable and clean. It is so near to the night market and other interesting places such as the lake and water puppet theater. Its walking distance and i saved a lot of money by walking as it is so near. I am satisfied with this hotel. Thank you for a warm hospitality hanoi advidor hotel!:)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We booked our trips to Sapa and Halong Bay through the Advisor Hotel as it was the best price we had found compared to other travel shops around Hanoi. The owner was lovely and managed to discount the trips even more, so we got a very good deal. We weren't even staying at the hotel and he let us use a room to shower in as well as looking after our big bags whilst we went on the trips. The rooms were basic and had a shower room as you would expect in Asia. The room also had a balcony which was nice - the location was great and very central. I would recommend to go here as the owner was so helpful!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends