“Could not have been better”

Hanoi Graceful Hotel
Ranked #75 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Could not have been better”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We walked in here, our booking at nearby Glance Hotel having failed to materialise. Instant understanding of our needs from the very competent young woman at the front desk, and shown two rooms, one of which, executive double with large terrace on fifth floor met our needs 110%. Comfortable, spacious, clean and very quiet - and all for 20USD less than Glance Hotel. Excellent stay, quality service, good breakfast. We also had some meals in our room on the terrace from the kitchen downstairs.

Only downside - but we live in Asia so used to this - No proper maintenance. Air con filters choked with dust - we cleaned them ourselves - and the drain in the shower not working since it had never been de-clogged. We pointed this out and it was done straight away.

If your budget is 50-60 USD then do stay here in the exec room - there are three I think. But there are cheaper rooms too which I didn't visit. I'm convinced you won't find better.

Room Tip: 505 exec suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NZCooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I spend four nights at Hotel Graceful and i liked it ! The hotel is situated in a more quiet street of the old quarter. I booked an executive room with terrace. And it was really a good deal : clean, big room, very good shower, perfect wifi-connecting and a big terrace with a view ! The staff is very helpfull. Two points to work on : the airport pick up wasn't on time upon arrival, i had to call the hotel before the driver appears. And try to serve good juices with the breakfast, Vietnam has such great fruit, then it's such a pity to serve such poor juices. But overall, I can really recommend hotel Gracefull to everybody who is searching for a value for money hotel in old quarter.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Many many small hotels in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Hotel Graceful was good value. Conveniently located close to Hang Gai (silk street), and near the lake. My rooms ( I spent the weekend in Halong Bay so stayed in 2 rooms) 705 & 805 were very spacious. They were on the top 2 floors of the hotel. Each had a balcony. Breakfast was fine. Eggs cooked to order. Staff very obliging & helpful. Go for the rooms with balconies though not internal ones.

Room Tip: Go for 705 or 805 both huge. I liked 705 more. 805 had a/con units & a generator on the balcony...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Nice hotel in old city of Hanoi! Helpful staff! Walking distance to the lake area and many other places.
They are very helpful to book hotel, tours and to advice you where to go in the city.
Many food places in this area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 15 February 2014

First, I want to thank Mr. Lee, the Manager. We will never forget his kindness and concern.

The hotel was full for our first two nights. The air conditioner in our room broke late in the day. There wasn't another room to put us in, so Mr. Lee returned to the hotel and arranged an upgraded room in another hotel around the corner for us. (A Nice place).

On our third (last) night in Hanoi, he gave us a very large suite with a balcony and a free ride the next morning to the airport, all to make up for our inconvenience. Mind you, he did all this after we booked at the cheapest rate.

Can you imagine if all hotels took their guests well-being this seriously. Thank you again Mr. Lee. We look forward to seeing you again someday. (We loved Hanoi).

The neighborhood was close to most everything, or a short taxi ride from some museums. This hotel is a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside window.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
australia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

great service from all the staff at this hotel , front desk girls and guys , bell boys and chef from the breakfast room , a good breakfast , lovely bacon also lovely rooms with a small balcony , big windows and all mod cons , tea and coffee, lovely bed and bed linen , very clean , great hot water in the shower , a great quiet place to stay , in a convenient position . also they will book tours and airport taxi at a good price .. The very nice owner , gave us a great goodbye in the morning . i would stay here everytime i came back to Hanoi .. thanks so much for a great stay

Room Tip: deluxe with balcony
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Wow! For $35 USD, this place was a great value. The room was very lovely and completely clean and new. I loved being in the heart of the Old Quarter! I first arrived in Hanoi/at the hotel at night, and I thought I must be in a sketchy part of town. But I quickly learned that no, that's just what the old quarter is like! It's great. I could walk everywhere. There are hotels that are closer to the lake, which will cost a bit more, but I actually liked being this deep in the Old Quarter - it felt more authentic and less touristy that way.

I loved that my room had a little Juliette balcony - I overlooked several narrow buildings across the street that made me feel like I had truly arrived in Hanoi.

Free WiFi and AC worked great.

The only cons I would point out:
*I didn't have any hot water in the morning for my shower, but hopefully that was a one-time thing.
*The breakfast wasn't great, but good enough to grab a little something (and hey, the room was only $35 USD, so come on)
*The hotel didn't have any amenities to speak of, if you're looking for that
*The staff was almost a little TOO excited to have me there, and was a little overbearing. I was apparently the first person to ever book a hotel room on their site (they had just built their own booking engine), and so they paid a LOT of attention to me (constantly asking me if my breakfast was okay, etc.). I think this was partially b/c they weren't very busy when I was there. But overall, I would say the staff was very kind.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo