“Dirty and Unpolite”
Review of F Hotel

F Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hanoi
F Hotel
Ranked #116 of 384 Speciality Lodging in Hanoi
UK
“Dirty and Unpolite”
Reviewed 12 February 2010

We went there because some people recommended. We were hungry and tyred and they were trying to sell their tour trip trying to program our trip, we felt that they were forcing us. The room is big and looks resonable for the price, but the BED SHEETs were STINKING. We asked to replace them and they gave us another dirty sheets. At the end we insist that they gave us clean sheets. The day after we asked them if they could keep our luggage, but they didn't (NO STORAGE LUGGAGE). By the way we organize our tour trip buying the ticket directly from the train station and we SAFE 80% than if we would buy their tour trip.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank novalitza

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Asia
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Although our experience wan\snt as bad as the other terrible review, it was still pretty shabby. We arrived early in the morning and jumped on a motor who said he was taking us to a hotel on the lake. We ended up on the edge of the 'Old Quarter' at F Hotel. The people seemed pretty nice and the room wasnt too bad to start with. But we slept for a a couple of hours then they moved us into a smaller room next door. It was pretty dirty and although we should have left then, we didnt, dont really know why. That night I was sleeping peacefully when someone shrieking woke me up. It was the missus screaming that something was in the room. I checked and saw nothing...although I did hear the scuttling along the floor and curtains. Then I saw we had an extra guest in the room...a rat! Again I thought this was quite amusing whilst the missus was scared [--]. I wanted to just leave once I had my sleep but couldnt because everytime ronald the rat moved so did my girlfriend! Off we went at 430am! We told the ladies working that they had rats in the room and they should sort it out. All we got in return was that we shouldnt lie to them and insisted that there wasnt any rodents in there hotel! I got a photo though - but only of its tail as it used the curtains as a hammock (looked quite comfy actually).

So overall I cant recommend a hotel with rats, and it wasnt too clean either.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shibbytravaler

Travellers are raving about these Hanoi hotels

hue
Reviewed 28 January 2010

These guys are great. If you're after a basic, comfortable room in the old town, its a nice place to stay. The large family that runs the Family hotel are fun people to hang out with. They're also very generous, I don't think I paid for one meal while I stayed there, I was always being invited to eat with the family. Yes they sell tours, at the normal rate, but I never felt it was too much in my face, they take a no good-heartedly! Unlike a place I stayed around the corner, if you don't book a trip, they'll still be friendly.
Watch out boys - Miss Perfume will try and marry off her cute sisters to you!

• Liked — The managers were great fun!
  • Disliked — Least... hmmm... can't think of anything i disliked right now!
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
noeimstuehlinger
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Like the last one said, we don't understand having problems with the F Hotel.... We have been to Hanoi for the second time now and we really enjoyed the F Hotel! It's situated on a great place, short walk to the Center and to the Market and the price is definately ok when even Breakfast is included -what would be very expensive to get outside the hotel. We would recommend it to everybody. You won't find any better hotel that much in the center for this price!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Not to sure why or how the previous reviewer had such a bad experience at the F Hotel. Might be a French thing... i dunno. I was set upon by Perfume's brother when trying to look for a hotel. Having just arrived i thought id give him a chance to show me. Went in a met Perfume and a couple of other Aussie backpackers who had nothing but praise for the Hotel. Based on this i left my bags downstairs while Perfume showed me my potential room. There was a bit of pressure, but for the price and the fact that breakfast was included, i thought id give her a go. I shopped around to get some deals on my further travel throughout Vietnam. I brought these back to F Hotel and she beat the price with a few extras. The city tour was done on the back of a Moto with her brother and lunch was included. This was cheap too. To make a long story short, she planned the next 16 days for me and everything went off without any problems. Everyone knew Miss Perfume and was happy to see me once i arrived. I was so impressed with the service that i recommended fellow travelers heading to Ha Noi. Every time one of the people i met checked in I recived a phone call from them thanking me. I have since been in contact with Perfume and we have exchanged gifts via mail. Ill be going back there in May 2010 just to visit Perfume and her family. I cant speak high enough of them.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Hanoi
Reviewed 29 September 2009

O my God. We were lambs to the slaughter. Miss Perfume has men working for her at the airport, who then follow you on to bus 17 which drops you near the old quarter. One gets off the bus and another gets on. We told the 2nd to leave us alone 10 times and he replied " WHY.. DO YOU THINK i AM THE MAFIA? Let me take you to my friend hotel.. The f hotel.. just come look. he thrust a card in our hand. He followed us down into the old quater..we were so scared. just on dark 1st time in Hanoi. Then madam perfume emerged from the madness..perfect english, ever so nice and helpful and said this was her hotel.to follow her and see what we thought of her hotel. Easy to see we were set up now but the traffic, tiredness and confusion is our only excuse.Arrived at the hotel and the pressure selling began. Went down to their tour office to sit and think and the reviews on their wall put our minds at rest. They sucked us in a treat and we were lulled into a false sense of security by their academy performance. Yesterday we tried to check out... No sign of miss perfume. we went and booked another hotel..we were followed by them..When we got back to the FFFFFFF hotel our bags computer our passports in their safe an access anz bankcard, camera all were gone. They said they didnt know whereany of our belongings were. At the same time 2 guys from france had put their bags into the room they were going to check into and changed their mind and said they had decided not to stay and went to get their gear which they had taken and refused to give it back to them unless they paid for the room of which the price was going up by the second. I was telling everyone that was walking thru the doors to turn around and get as far from this place as they could. 11 in total I managed to save.. The french guys said they were ringing their friends dad at THE FRENCH EMBASSY if they didnt get their and we didnt get all of our gear back pronto... Then out of a hole in the wall came my bag. Down 1 staircase came our computer. in the guest hous next door from a hidey hole in the ceiling came my husbands backpack all this took 1 hour of yelling threats and abuse. Still no camera or credit card so more threats and finally she took them from under the stairwell and tossed them at me minus the money....80 dollars U.S. We were not going to push our luck anyfurther as there was men surrounding us on the street trying to pull the gear we had retrieved from our arms.This F...ing hotel should be shut down and they should be jailed pronto.They will probably just reopen in a different location but not if they dont read this. Be warned.. these people are the best of the best. Cheers to the french boys xoxoxoxox P.S. have added pics of the she devils in case they change location.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoRock53
nganinhbinh, Manager at F Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2010
Hello from F-Hotel Family! If other visitors are reading this, please read reviews from other people that stayed with us, it will be better than reading what we can say.
This group with unfortunate complaint, they have misunderstanding with us, they had a problem on a tour they booked through us, but didn't say anything to us so we could try and help. When they returned, they had lent Perfuma their laptop, which she had put in her room for safety (our front office is always open), but she was away when the people returned, so we didn't know where the laptop was straight away. But, when we phone her, she tell us, and her brother find the laptop and return it. Everyone else who stay with us loves us!