“great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #326 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
South Florida, Florida
“great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is a great value for the price and location. The staff was excellent and most helpful. . The Sales and Marketing manager spoke excellent English and helped us with our travel plans. WE recommend this hotel for its hospitality and very good restaurant.

Steve and Menglu H.
Florida, USA
July 30, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StephenCapeCoral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This nice newly furnished hotel is two minutes away from central location of the lake and all the major shops and attractions. the staff were lovely and very helpful; the price was so affordable, rooms were comfortable and greatly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank marmaduke m
204TQK, Front Office Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Marian,

On behalf of Hotel Management, I would like to show my sincere thanks to you and your mother. Though your holiday in Ha Noi has finished, your kind pictures are still here, on my table and more important, they are in our staff' hearts.

By this time, both you must be in Siem Riep and enjoy your holiday there, I wish both a good holiday and everytime you would like to be in Ha noi, our Hong Ha Fleuve Rouge Hotel always welcome you as one of our parts. If you need any supports from Ha Noi, Viet Nam, just feel free to contact me via my business card. It was a great pleasure to keep in touch with you.

Once again, thank you for choosing our Hong Ha Fleuve Rouge Hotel as your preferred staying place in Ha Noi and we wish to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Mai Hoa
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

I sento last week in this hotel and, just arrived in my room I saw something strange...no window except one very small face to the corridor!the smell of humid inside the room was not the greatest.the day after I had my breakfast...no comment only pho noodles ( typical Vietnamese dish).on the website it is reported that there is the SPA and the gym but....after my breakfast I ask were it was the SPA and the Gym and they told me:"sorry we don't have gym & SPA". The cleaning service is not very good!The Hotel is new and I think that, if they improve and change something will be a nice hotel, even because is near the city centre!

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank andreajet82
Saigon, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

Hong Ha is a renovated hotel in the Hoan Kiem lake district of Hanoi. It has the potential to be an excellent hotel with some improvements.

Its strong points include:
- Good location. Very walkable to Hoan Kiem lake and the old quarter. Hoan Kiem lake is the heart of Hanoi.
- Well-appointed rooms. New furniture, comfortable beds and linen, tasteful photographs on the wall, modern bath with giant overhead shower and modern fixtures.
- Very helpful staff with great attitudes. The staff are eager to help which is not always the case in Hanoi. I forgot my razor and they delivered one to my room. Ms. Lena at the front desk also accommodated my room change request quickly, politely and efficiently.

Points they can work on:
- Although the rooms and fixtures are new and good quality, the craftsmanship is a bit sloppy in places.
- The first room I checked into had a terrible new construction or solvent smell or something. They changed the room quickly.
- The bellhop delivered the razor to the wrong room. I waited for 15 minutes before calling the front desk. He tried delivering it to the wrong room again. Fortunately I heard him in the hall and sorted it out.
- The shower drain in my room was super slow. I found myself standing in a few centimeters of water quickly each time.
- The wifi connected but there was no internet connection.

Fortunately for Hong Ha these problems are quite solvable. I got the impression the hotel just opened under new management and they are still working out all the kinks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank loseyourself
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed here as guests with another group of travelers. The rooms were nice and modern, I liked the chill out areas in the halls. The staff were courteous and helpful. Manager was friendly. Good location close to Hoan Kiem Lake.

Room Tip: we were on the fifth floor and we were not disturbed - good solid curtains to block out light too.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Peter M
Kate N, Director of Sales at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear our Valued Guest!

Warmest greeting from Hong Ha Hotel!

On behalf of the management team in Hong Ha Hotel, we would like to thank you for your stay and valuable feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed our room and services. We always work harder to meet customer's needs.

Should you need further assistant, we are always willing to support you!

Thank you very much!
Best regards,

Hotel management team!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

the hotel is a short walk to the hoan kiem lake.
we were the first guests to stay in the renovated hotel! and the hotel staff made our stay most welcoming!
a few examples were - complimentary bottle of chilean wine, airport shuttle at half the normal price, and continuous service excellence. i will definately stay at this hotel again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank tashlyn123
Kate N, Owner at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of hotel management, I would like to say thanks for your comment.
Even our renovated hotel, but we will try to do the best for services with our mission, vision, value about the guest's satisfaction, commitment, loyalty, and respect...

Thank again and wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

The hotel management.