“Great cheap hotel in perfect location”
Review of Hong Ha Hotel

Hong Ha Hotel
Ranked #331 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Great cheap hotel in perfect location”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel last month for 4 nights and was very surprised by the overall impression of the hotel compared to the price level. But let me go through section by section.

First getting to the hotel is very easy if you take the Jet Star Bus from Hanoi airport they will drop you in front of the hotel for just 40.000 VND and mean really in front of the hotel.

The hotel itself is completely renovated and smart and modern designed and very clean with comfortable beds and rain showers which can compete with any 5 star resort in Vietnam. Even located central once inside it is an oasis of peace and an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
In within 5 min walking distance you are at the sword lake and in the shopping area.

Breakfast was by far the best in this price level. You have a great selection of Western and Asian dishes, fresh juices, life cooking stations you can even get Nutella if you ask :).

The staff in general is very helpful, sometimes English is a little bit of a challenge but I always got I want and all senior management speaks very good English. But for this price what do you expect?!

Thank you also for all the information and where to go, what to do. I loved the night market and the mid autumn festival. I really felt welcomed and well taken care off. Overall great value for money and try the pock ribs... so good

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Jovanni88
204TQK, Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Jonvani,

Thank you for your very kind interest in our Hong Ha Fleuve Hotel!

Your nice comments are always our most valuable gift not only to our Board of Managemnet but also to all our staff. With our sincere effort, our hotel is now becoming a very cosy home away from home for all travellers and business ones. We are more than happy to see all our staying customers happily enjoy their room, buffet breakfast and the enthusiastic support from all our staff.

Though now we are not seeing together in real person, all our staff feel we are very close together. With our friendly smile and warm heart, we believe to welcome you again in the future as well as other stayed guests.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your very nice thoughts to us as well as to others.

Have a nice day!

Mai Hoa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hotel with nice structure, smart design and located in the center of city therefore very convenient to travel around. Great meal for breakfast and lunch or dinner also. Staffs are friendly and helpful even in the morning or midnight. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED this Hotel

Room Tip: Taking a 2nd or 3rd floor is better if u want quietly
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Binnie0308
Vientiane
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel has been recently refurbished. The staff are very courteous. Rooms well designed with flat screen TV and aircon. European style breakfast excellent in well located restaurant. Close to the city centre. Staff are excellent. Very good value for money. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
204TQK, Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Tom Med,

Thank you for choosing our Hong Ha Hotel as your preferred staying place! Your nice comments enhance our staff indeed and we do hope our services would come the most comfortable for all customers staying in Ha Noi.

Your group came and left our hotel with nice memories in all our staff. We believe the next time to welcome you or your group again, our Hong Ha is your second home away from your home.

Once again, thank you for your valued gift and wish you all the best.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is a great value for the price and location. The staff was excellent and most helpful. . The Sales and Marketing manager spoke excellent English and helped us with our travel plans. WE recommend this hotel for its hospitality and very good restaurant.

Steve and Menglu H.
Florida, USA
July 30, 2013

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank StephenCapeCoral
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This nice newly furnished hotel is two minutes away from central location of the lake and all the major shops and attractions. the staff were lovely and very helpful; the price was so affordable, rooms were comfortable and greatly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank marmaduke m
204TQK, Front Office Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Marian,

On behalf of Hotel Management, I would like to show my sincere thanks to you and your mother. Though your holiday in Ha Noi has finished, your kind pictures are still here, on my table and more important, they are in our staff' hearts.

By this time, both you must be in Siem Riep and enjoy your holiday there, I wish both a good holiday and everytime you would like to be in Ha noi, our Hong Ha Fleuve Rouge Hotel always welcome you as one of our parts. If you need any supports from Ha Noi, Viet Nam, just feel free to contact me via my business card. It was a great pleasure to keep in touch with you.

Once again, thank you for choosing our Hong Ha Fleuve Rouge Hotel as your preferred staying place in Ha Noi and we wish to welcome you again.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I sento last week in this hotel and, just arrived in my room I saw something strange...no window except one very small face to the corridor!the smell of humid inside the room was not the greatest.the day after I had my breakfast...no comment only pho noodles ( typical Vietnamese dish).on the website it is reported that there is the SPA and the gym but....after my breakfast I ask were it was the SPA and the Gym and they told me:"sorry we don't have gym & SPA". The cleaning service is not very good!The Hotel is new and I think that, if they improve and change something will be a nice hotel, even because is near the city centre!

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank andreajet82
Saigon, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Hong Ha is a renovated hotel in the Hoan Kiem lake district of Hanoi. It has the potential to be an excellent hotel with some improvements.

Its strong points include:
- Good location. Very walkable to Hoan Kiem lake and the old quarter. Hoan Kiem lake is the heart of Hanoi.
- Well-appointed rooms. New furniture, comfortable beds and linen, tasteful photographs on the wall, modern bath with giant overhead shower and modern fixtures.
- Very helpful staff with great attitudes. The staff are eager to help which is not always the case in Hanoi. I forgot my razor and they delivered one to my room. Ms. Lena at the front desk also accommodated my room change request quickly, politely and efficiently.

Points they can work on:
- Although the rooms and fixtures are new and good quality, the craftsmanship is a bit sloppy in places.
- The first room I checked into had a terrible new construction or solvent smell or something. They changed the room quickly.
- The bellhop delivered the razor to the wrong room. I waited for 15 minutes before calling the front desk. He tried delivering it to the wrong room again. Fortunately I heard him in the hall and sorted it out.
- The shower drain in my room was super slow. I found myself standing in a few centimeters of water quickly each time.
- The wifi connected but there was no internet connection.

Fortunately for Hong Ha these problems are quite solvable. I got the impression the hotel just opened under new management and they are still working out all the kinks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple