“Great service, location and price.”
Review of Hong Ha Hotel

Hong Ha Hotel
Ranked #331 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Nha Trang, Binh Dinh, Vietnam
“Great service, location and price.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I found this little hotel upon a recommendation from a friend. I arrived via taxi and was welcomed by a very friendly and talkative bell boy. After i stated who i was they got all my details and showed me to my room.

My room was very clean and had everything i expected a nice clean bathroom, an air conditioner a nice large TV a phone and basic amenity's just to mention a few.

I wanted to go and explore a bit and asked the bell boy which directed me to Hoan Kiem Lake.

I had a lovely time with great people who where friendly and got the basics right.

I can recommend Hong Ha Hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Francois S
204TQK, Tổng giám đốc at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Laura S,
We are very happy to hear your good comments. They will encourage us to serve our customers better
Hong Ha hotel is a perfect location because it is near a lot of nice landmarks of Hanoi that makes you interested. The reception is always nimble on welcoming and good at specialty so they do their work in a smooth way. Our rooms are always kept tidy and clean. We have some special rooms which have a big bathroom with the modern equipment. I am certain that you will always feel comfortable when you stay here. One special thing, the buffet breakfast has been added more food, so you might try if you come here back.
Thank you for the comments! I hope to serve you again .
Best regards,
Nguyen Trung Hai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We would like to give a huge compliment to the manager of this hotel and his staff. Although we didn't stay at their hotel they were of great help to us, when we had a misfortune with one of our bags. The man who worked at the reception that night, even went after his shift was finished to the police to file a report on our behalf. He did this on his own account, in his own time. We still don't know how or what, but at the end of the evening our bag was returned by a taxi-driver.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Des_Cez
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in relative comfort for the low price. The room was clean and satisfactorily comfortable. Despite being near a busy highway you couldn't hear the traffic. Service was great, reception staff spoke adequate English for our needs. The breakfast was quite average but it is only located one block from the Ly Club where we ate several times (FANTASTIC food and service).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kiimeth
Brisbane
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for a few days in early November when it looked like a Typhoon would hit Northern Vietnam. Moved from a smaller hotel to a much stronger bigger one that should have a generator. No problem in the end as the Typhoon degraded to nothing at Hanoi. We got a reasonable deal on a suite $70. Initially we were put into a room right on the ground floor with a lack of privacy but on complaining we were given a higher room. No real view but very well fitted out and very quiet as no rooms face the busy main road.
Bath and Bathroom were excellent. What you expect of 4 star so though it did not have a proper shower just a hand held nozzle in the bath.
Breakfasts were very good. Staff were very helpful. English was a big of an issue but a couple spoke it quite well.
Special thanks to Dee the Sales Manager and the front door man, Hung.

Room Tip: Standard rooms do not have external windows so may need to get better ones.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Joe B
Barcelona
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed three nights in this excellent hotel. Great location. Do not worry if it's situated in a very busy avenue. All rooms are located in the back side of the hotel.Nice design. Very clean. Spacious rooms and bathrooms. This is a full renovated hotel. Buffet breakfast of high quality. Great choice, including Pho and other local food, but also westerner breakfast. Just 5 minutes walking distance to Hoan Kiem Lake and the centre of Hanoi.Staff is always ready to assist you. Although it's a three star hotel it could be easily a four and even five stars hotel.

Room Tip: Comfortable shower in the bathroom. King sizes beds.Quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Xaloc
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2013

As originally from Hanoi and currently studying abroad, I have visited the city last month for my summer holiday, unfortunately, I had to take a hotel instead of going home. However, it was my luck when my parents booked me such a brilliant hotel which is very convenience,

I arrived to the hotel late at 9pm and had a fantastic deep fried shrimp ever, dinner was cheap and very tasty.

My room was very clean and nice with the most comfortable shower, I enjoyed it for 30 mins under hot water . Pillows and blanket were very soft but I needed more than 2 pillows. I were confusing before decide to call the reception, surprisingly, they brought me 1 more in 2 minutes at 1am.

Breakfast was awesome, I had very nice Vietnamese Pho, banana pancake with chocolate sauce and fresh fruits as well as juices

It takes only 5 min to Hoan Kiem lake and night market but very quiet, not like other back packer hotels. They also providing free transportation for free GYM and indoor pool daily

Even it was a construction during my stay with some tiny noise, but the young manager was very politely apology and stopped it straight away, nothing to complaint about.

After 2 nights of staying, I asked for a trip to Ha Long, and honestly, I didn’t expect such a good deal for Ha Long cruise, it was even cheaper than the tour operator outside.

If you visit Hanoi, as a citizen, I highly recommend for this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mai Khanh L
204TQK, Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Mai Khanh L,

It is always our great pleasure to see the happiness and sunny smile on our staying guests'faces. All our staff learn very well that each staying customer will have diifferrent requires. To meet all seems difficult but with our friendly and enthusiastic staff, we feel happy to deliver our perfect 24 hours service to comfort our customers.

Our hotel has come back from its renovation for one year. It soons become a lovely option for all customers with simple reason: coming back Hong Ha Hotel to feel cosy home atmosphere.

Thank you for your love on us which draw us a nice image in your mind!

See you soon with your smiles!

Best regrads,

Mai Hoa
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel last month for 4 nights and was very surprised by the overall impression of the hotel compared to the price level. But let me go through section by section.

First getting to the hotel is very easy if you take the Jet Star Bus from Hanoi airport they will drop you in front of the hotel for just 40.000 VND and mean really in front of the hotel.

The hotel itself is completely renovated and smart and modern designed and very clean with comfortable beds and rain showers which can compete with any 5 star resort in Vietnam. Even located central once inside it is an oasis of peace and an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
In within 5 min walking distance you are at the sword lake and in the shopping area.

Breakfast was by far the best in this price level. You have a great selection of Western and Asian dishes, fresh juices, life cooking stations you can even get Nutella if you ask :).

The staff in general is very helpful, sometimes English is a little bit of a challenge but I always got I want and all senior management speaks very good English. But for this price what do you expect?!

Thank you also for all the information and where to go, what to do. I loved the night market and the mid autumn festival. I really felt welcomed and well taken care off. Overall great value for money and try the pock ribs... so good

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Jovanni88
204TQK, Manager at Hong Ha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Jonvani,

Thank you for your very kind interest in our Hong Ha Fleuve Hotel!

Your nice comments are always our most valuable gift not only to our Board of Managemnet but also to all our staff. With our sincere effort, our hotel is now becoming a very cosy home away from home for all travellers and business ones. We are more than happy to see all our staying customers happily enjoy their room, buffet breakfast and the enthusiastic support from all our staff.

Though now we are not seeing together in real person, all our staff feel we are very close together. With our friendly smile and warm heart, we believe to welcome you again in the future as well as other stayed guests.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your very nice thoughts to us as well as to others.

Have a nice day!