Rising Dragon Palace Hotel
US$46
US$49
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Splendid Star Grand Hotel(Hanoi)
US$60
Melia Hanoi(Hanoi)
US$244
TripAdvisor
1,001 results
All reviewshalong bayhang ga streetold quarterthe hotel staffairport transfercity viewlaundry servicesuperior roomphoday tourvisiting hanoihoan kiem lakevietnamtourscruisemapusd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I changed from a very disappointing hotel to Rising Dragon Grand. It was a good move. The staff on the from desk were very friendly and professional - I was offered a choice of rooms and was impressed by the cleanliness of the room and quality of the linen. The position of the hotel was great - right in the middle of the action, but quiet. You can walk to most of the local attractions within a few minutes. Bia Hoi is all around, and a great way to meet locals.The room rate was also very reasonable. As I was leaving the hotel in the early morning, I could not open the safe to retrieve my passport and wallet. The staff came to my aid within 2 minutes and I was on my way. Great service.

Room Tip: 8th floor was fine - there is an elevator
1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great place. Excellent and very amicable service, very comfortable rooms and convenient location in the old quarter.
They even had the courtesy to give a complimentary cake to my friend for its birthday.

If you stay 4 nights you get a free commute to the airport (try to negotiate it anyway as an extra if stay less time).

Great place to stay in a city where good accommodation doesn't come easy.

Room Tip: Ask for wing B rooms, which are much more quiet ...
3  Thank Javier S
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel does not look new or as grand as others but the service here is excellent.
The receptionist gave us a brief of what to do in Hanoi on the first day we arrive.
They even suggested some good restaurant for us.

The room is not satisfactory as the air condition is not working quite well.
No good views from my room but it's quite spacious.

Thanks to the free upgrading also!!

2  Thank TravellerFromSG2013
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The location of the hotel is good. Right in the central of everything, walking distance to all the streets you might want to check-out during your stay at Hoan Kiem District, souvenir street, clothing street, shoes street as well as the famous night market area and etc......

Lots of local food stalls surrounding the hotel itself, so it wouldn't be a problem for you whenever you feel like grabbing a bite.

As contrary to what other reviews warning that you shouldn't book any trips through them, here is my 5 cents to that matter though: yes, the packages that they offer might cost you a bit more compare to the other travel agent there, but it is worth your money. Me and my friends booked our trips with them (from Hanoi to Sapa & Halong Bay) and there is nothing that we can complain about. Given the money that you paid for, everything is sorted out nicely (from the transits to station & hotel, meals as well as the tour guide).

As for the hotel staffs, they are all friendly, nice and helpful. For that, i personally think is one of the many important factors for being a good hotel.

A big thank you to all the staffs of the hotel for making our stay enjoyable and memorable. A special thank you to Miss Anna as well for all the arrangements she did for us. ;-) ;-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MNGMing
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are only in Hanoi for 24 hours this is a great place to stay in the Old Quarter!

Booked for a bargain price we had a clean room looking out at the street... while this isn't a pretty street it is quiet at night which is a bonus considering the traffic in this area of Hanoi! We could walk to all the major sites of the area & found plenty of places to eat within a 5 min walk.
The hotel let us store our luggage for the night when we travelled to Ha Long Bay which was a huge help!

My only negative was the gentleman at the our desk seems to add a lot of commission on the tours he books as they don't stack up to direct websites. Take the time to shop around...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple