Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$47
Booking.comUS$47
Expedia.comUS$46
eDreamsUS$47
TravelocityUS$46
Prestigia.comUS$72
1,332 results
All reviews near the train station old quarter business trip restaurant staff halong bay french quarter convenient location pho nice room hoan kiem lake accor street gm nguyen tour taxis quarters
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2014

I loved staying here. The quality of the motel is apparent right on your arrival. You will be greeted by friendly staff who bring cool drinks and refresher towels. The staff will rush to help you with everything from luggage, to information, to opening doors and elevators - even just to smile and say hello and ask how your day is going. The staff in the bar and restaurant are truly hospitable and love to entertain with their 'cocktail' making skills. Even the room staff will take care of your needs - they brought us an iron and carefully atteneded to our belongings. One young woman even rushed to carry my laundry bag for me. The restaurant meals are excellent and the breakfast service was always a pleasure. I actually looked forward to starting my day with their amazing breakfast service. The rooms are very comfortable and I had a great night sleep on their large and luxurious bed. Some great little shops and restaurants nearby with very cheap prices and friendly faces too. The evening entertainment is very nice and really relaxing. We sat for hours enjoying it. Even when an unexpected typhoon came we were safe and comfortable and dined away while watching the heavy rain outside. The staff took care of all our needs during the typhoon and were most sympathetic to how it after our travel plans. We can't wait to go back there on our next visit.

Room tip: The rooms are big and comfortable but you may not get a picturesque view from those not facing the street. We didn't mind that though because we were fascinated by the goings on of the locals in the back streets below us. The rooms were always quiet and cozy and you always felt private there.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MercureHanoiLaGareGM, General Manager at Mercure Hanoi La Gare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

Dear Tanny W,

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable experience at our hotel and all aspects of your stay were met to your satisfaction. We hope you were able to take advantage of our great location to visit many of Hanoi’s highlights!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 November 2014

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 9 November 2014

We stayed here twice in the same holiday, interrupted by a trip to Halong Bay. We stayed in a standard room on the second floor on the first night. It faced the main road and if you are familiar with Hanoi traffic with its incessant blaring of horns every 2 seconds, you can imagine how disruptive it was to our rest. The walls were paper thin and we were disturbed by the traffic, the occupants next door and along the corridor. The bathroom was abysmal and there was no division/walls/ glass panel betw the shower area and the faucet and toilet bowl area. There was not even a step/ difference in height of the floors to prevent water from flowing out and soaking the toilet area. The whole bathroom was flooded after showering.

On the second half of the trip, we were given a superior room on the 4th floor and what a difference it made. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, the room properly insulated and quiet, the bathroom ergonomic. No complains at all!

Breakfast spread was excellent though it can get pretty crowded. It is not within the old quarter area, a 10 min cab ride away ( US 3-4 dollars)
Nice gym too with water dispenser

Room tip: Choose a room on the higher floors to avoid street noise! Ask for rooms with a proper partition between the shower area and the sink/ toilet area
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear adara1477,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us in Hanoi.

Whilst it is great that you felt the hotel was in a good location, I was disappointed to read that your room did not meet your expectations. I have addressed in particular your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper as I can assure you that this is not to our usual standards.

Next time you choose to stay with us I would certainly recommend when booking to contact our in house reservations team who will be able to provide you with different room options to ensure that you have a more enjoyable stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Hanoi La gare.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2014

We stayed here last week for 5 nights . Hotel is not to big but very nice and cosy , the rooms are clean and big . Breakfast is good with more than enough choice . Dining and drinking options are also very good. The hotel is just a short walk from the old quarter so its a good start to explore the area. The staff is very friendly and helpful . I can recommend a stay in this hotel and on our next visit we will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AddyvEs
Reviewed 4 November 2014

The staff in this hotel have been extremely friendly and helpful during my stay in Hanoi. They have accommodated my dietary needs and always have a smile on their faces. The restaurant has nice food and the Tuesday night musical entertainment is very enjoyable. I highly recommend their margaritas which are included in their "Buy 1 get 1 free" offer during happy hour each evening! The king size bed in my room is very comfortable and I have everything I need. My conversations with staff have been very enjoyable and would like to say a big "cảm ơn".

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank amyvsjade

Dear Amyvsjade,

Thank you for your excellent Tripadvisor review. We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful and uncomplicated stay with us.
We appreciate your kind words on our great location, dining and the delightful and attentive service you received from our associates, I am proud to be working with a wonderful and caring team and I’ll make sure to pass on your complimentary comments to the whole team. We certainly look forward to your return visit, hopefully soon.

Yours sincerely,