“lovely rooms and location and fantastic obliging staff”

Hanoi Fortune Hotel
Ranked #476 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We arrived im Hanoi at 10.00 in the morning and were catching the train up to Sapa that night Ben allowed us a nice room for the day for 10.00 US We had organised the trip through the hotel as well as the transfers from the airport. It was very efficient. We paid for the 4 bunks on the train even though we had been told by uours and many other sites it does not matter as they will still put people in the other two bunks. This did not happen on both different trips we had organised through the hotel from Perth. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with the hotel in every way. Thoroughly recommend the hotel/. Ben could not do enough for us. The price was excellent value would say it was equal to a much higher standart of hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Cannot fault it

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel was fine. It was in a great location. Can't say anything either overly bad or good.

It's very affordable in a good location. No frills but no major faults.

Breakfast was not great. The staff were nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2010

The Hanoi Fortune Hotel is certainly one of those hotels which I will continue to stay whenever I visit Hanoi. Whilst I have been lucky enough to stay at some very fine hotels, this one is right at the top of the list. Rooms are also very nice and the maid service is exceptional. Whilst many hotels will service your room during the day and turn down your bed at night. In fact this pretty much sums up the hotel. Anyway, In reality, it’s only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre of Hanoi 10$ or $15 by Sans Souci ride to everywhere else in the Old Quarter Street. Staff are what you would expect in a top star hotel – very professional and friendly. Whilst there are many fine hotels in Vietnam this one impressed me very much and I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I've come back from 7 days trips to the north of Vietnam. Halong bay, Sapa and Hanoi are my mostly loved destinations. I cruised on Bhaya junk in Halong bay, sleeped in Chapa botique hotel in Sapa and Hanoi Fortune hotel in Hanoi( Phudo formely name). I was recommended these from my friends who live in Bangkok.
I almost satisfied with everything here except sometime noisy in the night. The rooms are very clean and spacy with nice wall decoration. Breakfast is excillent with vietnammese cuisine, i loved "Pho" and some kinds of cake(don't remember the names) here. The staff are so friendly, especially Mr.Son and Mr.Dai are very helpful for my trip to Halong bay, Sapa and Hanoi getting around trip.
continue my trip to Phuket from Hanoi and very happy for my trip in Vietnam. Thanks to all friends in Vietnam.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank john_phantom
Reviewed 16 March 2010

We were traveling to Hanoi in our Honeymoon, and I spent countless hours doing research about where to stay and what to do. I contacted the hotel via email and asked questions that were answered in a timely manner and very detailed. The Hanoi Fortune Hotel (formely known as Phu Do Hotel) was a great experience. The cost is unbeatable and the rooms are very spacious. Do remember that if you get a room with view of the street, that it will be noisy at times (but not during sleeping hours). It is centrally located. The staff was very curious and answered all my questions (they can also recommend the best place in the Old Quarter to eat Pho). Do be ready to walk up large stairs (there is no elevator). They have wireless internet and two computers in the kitchen area. There is also a bank half a block away as well as many good restaurants. They also have a Desk assigned for turist information (I would ask them about prices of different activities in and around Hanoi before you book with anyone else...e.g. Halong Bay).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foghesino
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Right from the start was the super friendly staff. Arriving late in Hanoi at about 1am, I called to let them know.  We were told that their hotel staff was waiting for us outside at the international airport destination and just advise them when we got luggage. To our expectation, a nice driver welcomed us and helps us with the luggage. At the time arriving hotel, we were quickly arranged in a reserved room. Our rooms were lovely and cosy with a comfortable bed.

As we were new to Hanoi, the staffs were willing and happy to assist us whatever asked. When asked about the directions to a place, we was informed the nearest way to get the spot we wanted to go.

Nice hotel and excellent staffs!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Safe, clean rooms and a great location in the middle of Hanoi's madness, I'd recommend the Fortuan. We stayed for a week or so and went off to Halong Bay on one of their tours and left our backpacks for 3 days with no problems. The breakfast was interesting but always filling and they had some English language TV channels which were nice. The place was also fully air-conditioned, I'm no fan of spending time in your hotel when you are travelling but Hanoi is so tiring that you will need a rest, this is as good a place as any for it.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple