Hanoi Grand View Hotel
Travelocity
US$66
US$57
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2011

As I arrived at the Grand View hotel, I had been travelling in Vietnam for 4 weeks ( Sai gon Mekong delta , Nha trang , Mui Ne , Hoi An ) and I have to say this was the best hotel I stayed at on my entire journey. The hotel staff were so welcoming they helped out with anything I needed whether it be taking me up the road to a shop I was looking for, telling me where all the good restaurants were to helping me out with my laptop. The room I had was fantastic and it looked quite new, very clean with balcony drudgery and it was cleaned and the beds made up everyday, the beds were so contented, the bathroom was huge with a bath and shower. During my stay I had a 5 days trip to Sapa and 3 days Ha long bay tour with phoenix cruiser. That staff very nice took care of the luggage that I wasn't taking and looked after it for me. Its location is perfect, right in the heart of the old quarter (just 3 minutes go to the Hoan Kiem lake) so I able to walk to shopping and there was lots of great restaurants very close by. All in all I would go back to this great Hanoi grand view hotel any time and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank JacobbMath
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Nice, friendly hotel with well equipped rooms and a breakfast buffee including hot, strong coffee and fresh fruit among many things. But, what makes this to best hotel is the service, I've never seen anything like it. I forgot my camera in a taxi and was devastated. I don't know how many cabs and taxi clients there is in Hanoi, but The personnel helped me to track it down and brought the police to the man who grabbed my camera from the car, while I was on a by the hotel arranged cruise in Halong Bay. They didn't accept my finders fee or money at all. They even ran after the taxi to the airport when we forgot our passports at the reception...

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I am expat who has been living in Hanoi for the last year. I had a business function in the Old Quarter and needed a room close by to ensure I would have time to prepare and get ready. My co-worker and I had one hour to shower and prepare but when we arrived at the hotel we discovered....
They had not reserved the room we had looked at the night before. Instead we were given a much smaller room upstairs.
Our shower did not work in our room...they had to give us the key to a room on another floor and we had to use that shower and then walk back down to our room.
We were told we would receive a considerable discount for this inconvience by 2 of there very incompetent staff.
When we went to check out the next morning we were refused a discount of any kind. We were also told that our room was ten more dollars a night then we had been quoted.
Their excuse for not giving us a discount was that they did provide us with a shower, and that we drove and parked our motorbikes there which costs extra.
There are so many lovely family-owned hotels in Hanoi and I am hugely disappointed with my choice. These people were not honest and treated their customers very poorly.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank kpdank
Reviewed 26 February 2011

dont stay there if your dont want to be bitted by bed bugs.
The firsts night my partner and were both bitten with bed bugs.
we asked to change room.... same trouble

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Hello. Some friends and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights in February. After spending a couple of weeks travelling in Vietnam, this hotel was refreshingly awesome.

The location is brilliant. In the old quarter, it's a three minute walk to the lake and one of the central areas of Hanoi. It's a ten minute cab ride to Ho Chi Minh's memorial, and within walking distance of the lakeside water puppets show. It's also within walking distance of the night markets and some of Hanoi's better shopping districts, and only five or so minutes in a taxi to the Vincom centre, which is one of Hanoi's more western shopping centres. But if street stalls and food markets are more your thing, fear not! Step out side your door for some authentic(ish - it is a little touristy) Vietnamese hustle and bustle.

The rooms are good, with big TVs and comfortable beds. The value is amazing, especially given the buffet breakfast.

However, easily the best thing about this hotel is the AWESOME STAFF. So friendly and helpful. Tommy (the manager) knows everything about hanoi and is all round champion; Kien is the best person who will ever open a door for you at a hotel, dispensing high fives, warm handshakes and room keys; Dollar is a master at manning the front desk and being simply awesome; the others are also great - unfortunately didn't get to know them heaps well. Best memory was when they threw my friend a 19th birthday party, complete with a personalised cake, sultanas and the local beer, or when they invited us to join them for a staff dinner.

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? Not just to a friend. To anyone. This place is great.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends